Rodgers could miss 1-2 weeks because of hamstring injury

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying VY is the better QB but as of now he has shown 100 times more than A-Rod. A-rod has played well in what 2 quarters against a team that wasn't gameplanning for him? Wait til they both have a year or 2 under thier belts. Picking A-Rod over VY is stupid. It's like me saying Troy Smith is better than Tony Romo.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying VY is the better QB but as of now he has shown 100 times more than A-Rod. A-rod has played well in what 2 quarters against a team that wasn't gameplanning for him? Wait til they both have a year or 2 under thier belts. Picking A-Rod over VY is stupid. It's like me saying Troy Smith is better than Tony Romo.

you're saying to wait til they have a couple years under thier belts. That's fine. But you're the one who said you'd take one over the other in the first place?

And Rodge/VY comparisons are hardly a Romo/Troy Smith type of matchup.

Aaron Rodgers= projected #1 overall pick

Troy Smith= projected undrafted project/gimmick guy

And why is my opinion stupid? I think Vince sucks at the passing game and is overwhelmingly overrated. I think rodgers gets no respect. How does that make me stupid again?

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think VY is entertaining as hell, but name one pure running QB that has brought his team to the big dance? I guess maybe Kordell Stewart, but we all know how that turned out.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vince Young does not have the intelligence to play in a more complicated offense. He is a gifted athlete, more gifted than Rodgers. But if I were running the Green Bay Packers, I'd rather have Aaron Rodgers at QB.

We'd have to completely change our scheme if we had VY instead of AR. And contrary to some people's opinion, Brett Favre is a smart man. He has football smarts, and does extremely well at picking up defensive changes. Aaron Rodgers will make a worthy successor, if he can stay healthy.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have an opinion one way or the other on VY. My point was at this point in thier careers Vince Young has shown 100 times what A-Rod has.

If forced to pick one right now, VY and Cutler over A-Rod everytime. Just for the pure fact that they are alot more PROVEN then A-Rod.

DH, isn't it funny we have A-Rod, who is made of glass, behind Favre who is made of steel. Just a funny combination

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have an opinion one way or the other on VY. My point was at this point in thier careers Vince Young has shown 100 times what A-Rod has.

If forced to pick one right now, VY and Cutler over A-Rod everytime. Just for the pure fact that they are alot more PROVEN then A-Rod.

DH, isn't it funny we have A-Rod, who is made of glass, behind Favre who is made of steel. Just a funny combination

yeah, I wish A-Rod some of Favre's genes!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Rodgers' defense, I don't think he's had any injuries other than the broken ankle and the tweaked hamstring. This is his third year here, so things like that are going to happen, even in practice. When you look at how many QB's in the league miss time with injuries every year (probably something like half of them in any given year) you realize how truly spoiled we are having had Favre as our QB all these years.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A little help here please.

I have one poster in this thread that is on my Ignore list. This poster is weird and silly. By hitting the ignore button his posts come up as ignored and then I need not accidentally read them. I love the ignore button.

However, by quoting him in your thread I can accidentally read his posts by you quoting his posts in your post.

I would love the mods to figure out a way that the Ignore button can work and eliminate me reading a depressing, silly, "Ignored Poster" when he is quoted in a post by a valued member of this forum who is not on my ignore button.

Perhaps if Trom was a Mod he could make that work. It seems to me he is computer savvy.

R.P.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So, would you take Testaverde over him?

How about Damon Huard?

Or Cleo Lemon?

Or maybe Brad Johnson?

All those guys are more "proven" than Rodgers, but I wouldn't take all four of 'em if someone offered to trade me them for a bag of my own poo.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

So, would you take Testaverde over him?

How about Damon Huard?

Or Cleo Lemon?

Or maybe Brad Johnson?

All those guys are more "proven" than Rodgers, but I wouldn't take all four of 'em if someone offered to trade me them for a bag of my own poo.

We clearly disagree here and that's fine. You are welcome to your opinion but if A-Rod at this point is as good as Cutler or VY then I'd be happy.

I just can't say I've seen enough of A-Rod to have me turn down a VY or Cutler. Plus the injuries concern me.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We clearly disagree here and that's fine. You are welcome to your opinion but if A-Rod at this point is as good as Cutler or VY then I'd be happy.

I just can't say I've seen enough of A-Rod to have me turn down a VY or Cutler. Plus the injuries concern me.

Fair enough.

It's just that the knowlege of the system illustrated by Rodgers every time that he's played this season has got me feeling comfortable with the post-Favre era in Packerland.

I know he's gotten hurt, and that's never comforting, but I just think that things would be different, that he would respond differently were he the best option to start. Once he's "the Man", I think he'll toughen up a lot more and think that he'll thrive in MM's system while having TT's amassing of talent at his disposal.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Fair enough.

It's just that the knowlege of the system illustrated by Rodgers every time that he's played this season has got me feeling comfortable with the post-Favre era in Packerland.

I know he's gotten hurt, and that's never comforting, but I just think that things would be different, that he would respond differently were he the best option to start. Once he's "the Man", I think he'll toughen up a lot more and think that he'll thrive in MM's system while having TT's amassing of talent at his disposal.

Here is where we disagree I guess. He's really only got a decent amount of time in last weeks game. He played well, no doubt, but a Def. preparing for BF and a Defense preparing for A-Rod are 2 totally different approaches. VY and Cutler go against Def. that prepare for them week in and week out. I guess If A-Rod was the starter and played a game I would be better able to give my opinion on him. I also disagree that he would be somehow tougher if he was the starter. He's not going to start a game with Broken Bones. I tend to think as a backup you are even more hungary as it should be motivating.

Members online

Latest posts