Rodgers could miss 1-2 weeks because of hamstring injury

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Babe Laufenburgh is still unsigned!!!! :D :D :D

Shame about A-Rod, but look at it this way, we get a lead or Brett gets dinged at least we know Craig Nall can at least come in and hand the ball off. He is not a rookie who would probably melt under the pressure.
Good move to sign him last week.

Read where he took all the snaps yesterday in practice, if he did have to play I think you will see a lot of Ryan Grant which is not a bad thing.

The Raiders are going to show up and probably be better than most think, so let's hope Brett makes it through the game without incident.

Either way I still think we will see a lot of Ryan Grant!!!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Babe Laufenburgh is still unsigned!!!! :D :D :D

Shame about A-Rod, but look at it this way, we get a lead or Brett gets dinged at least we know Craig Nall can at least come in and hand the ball off. He is not a rookie who would probably melt under the pressure.
Good move to sign him last week.

Read where he took all the snaps yesterday in practice, if he did have to play I think you will see a lot of Ryan Grant which is not a bad thing.

The Raiders are going to show up and probably be better than most think, so let's hope Brett makes it through the game without incident.

Either way I still think we will see a lot of Ryan Grant!!!

Dude, I hope the coaching staff reads that and does exactly that!! Cause I have Ryan in both my fntsy leagues, and I'm going against Brett in one. That would make my week alot less stressful right there..

But in relation to the thread, I don't think you can say Aaron's "soft" or "injury-prone" just because he's been hurt two times in the last 2 years. I mean, who knows if he would gut up and go out there if HE was the best option?

Brett's streak has been borne out of neccessity. Many times, it was ask Brett to grit his teeth through a game or miss the playoffs. Aaron doesn't have that responsibilty (yet).

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

What first round Q.B. would you choose to replace Aaron Rodgers as the Packers first round Q.B. pick since the Packers picked Aaron.

Alex Smith? Jason Campbell? Vince Young? Matt Leinart? Jay Cutler?
R.P.

No. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Dude, I hope the coaching staff reads that and does exactly that!! Cause I have Ryan in both my fntsy leagues, and I'm going against Brett in one. That would make my week alot less stressful right there..

Well, good news for you. The Raiders have a good pass D and a bad run D. MM always seems to gameplan against an opponent's weaknesses, so I imagine Grant will get 120+ yards and 1 or 2 TDs and Favre won't be throwing a lot of passes.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

What first round Q.B. would you choose to replace Aaron Rodgers as the Packers first round Q.B. pick since the Packers picked Aaron.

R.P.

No. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

You can't be serious at this points of their careers... Campbell has arm strength on Rodgers maybe.. but has proven little more in more than a year of playing time.

Young... Poor man's Micheal Vick.. can run and is a heck of a competitor.. but lacks the passing skills to be a complete QB.

Leinart... Seriously, I would hedge a complete push vs Rodgers.. he is loaded with talent at WR in ARI and hasn't proven alot.

Culter.. Mr. Inconsistency? Rodgers has proven more in two starts than the up and down play of this kid. I will give you this.. he along with Campbell probably have a higher ceiling than Rodgers, but they have to achieve that potential to be deemed better.

And the reason they have a higher ceiling is because of arm strength to make all the throws.. whether they achieve the mental part of the game remains to be seen.

For whatever reason you dislike a kid that hasn't gotten alot of time to prove himself on the field.. please do not insult the kid with taking any of the above mentioned QB's ahead of him.

Aaron has a world of talent waiting to be tapped... be patient. :twocents:

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll change it to.

No. Maybe. Maybe. Yes. Yes.

But that's as far as I'll go right now!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll change it to.

I'll take Rodgers over Young any day of the week. Sure, Young has all this athletic ability, but he lacks the intelligence to lead a more complicated offense like ours. As cold as that sounds, it's true.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
I'll change it to.

I'll take Rodgers over Young any day of the week. Sure, Young has all this athletic ability, but he lacks the intelligence to lead a more complicated offense like ours. As cold as that sounds, it's true.

The truth hurts.

And VY is overrated. Just like Reggie, Leinart, and Chad Jackson. :D

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts just hates Rodgers because he dares to play backup QB behind Favre.

I would rather have Rodgers than any of those other kids right now. Young is overrated and dumb. Leinart wouldnt last a second in Wisconsin. Cutler is good and everything... but theres way way too many comparisons to brett favre in his games. you may think thats silly but when it comes to game time he will be held up to Bretts standard by guys like Fuzz nuts and will never ever compare. Alex smith isnt even an option.

Jason Campbell is the one that intrigues me the most. I think hes elusive HUGE and has a cannon arm that can make the throw. I think he would do ok here with better recievers and a better offensive scheme. But theres just no way to compare Rodgers to Campbell at this point. So im saying were good to go since that draft with other QBS. we win again

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Packer Fans are the most passionate in the N.F.L.

However.... I swear... By "Percentage" Packer Fans must have the most negative, doom thinking, judgemental, critical, pessimistic, gloomy and cynical fans in the N.F.L.

Some Packer Fans love this team and cherish the memories. They look at the win record of this team, they are in bliss that this team is going to the Playoffs.

Other Packer Fans are be happy complain, ***** and look at the negative.

It is not in their make up to be happy and positive.. They are the people who ***** about life. Some people ***** about the weather, they say it is too hot. They say it is too cold. They say it is too muggy. *****ing about the weather and life is a degree they have from the University of Negativity.

Christ... If it was not for bad weather most people in this world would not know how to start a conversation with a stranger. Think about it.

Our first round draft pick is injury prone. He pulled a "Hammy" what a freaking loser. He is no Brett.

Get Real People. Aaron has talent, skill and is a good student.

I ask you this question. Think about it.....

Throw out last year... It is too soon to judge.

Cutler is a tie... But I would take Aaron in a heart beat over any of the others, even Young although when he was drafted I thought he was GOD.

Your *****ing about Aaron, your negativity, and your doom and gloom attitude amazes me. However that is life, and that is the 80/20 rule.

Some people will look at the hole in a donut, and others will look at the donut as a whole.

R.P.
I reread everything up to your post, and i didn't see any real "*****ing" or complaining. Just about everyone said they thought Rodgers looked good the time he has been on the field. They just stated the obvious fact that the guy so far has been unable to stay healthy. That said, anyone can get hurt at anytime, but some players, you must admit, seem to be injury prone for some reason. It might not be anything thats their "fault", but it happens. I don't see any "doom and gloom" in what was posted, just stating facts that Rodgers is hurt again.
Me, i hope he has a GREAT career here, as i like how he performs, the short time i have been able to see him. I didn't see anyone calling Rodgers a "freaking loser" cause he got hurt.
I think you read more into what was stated then was actually said.
I'm just giving my 2 cents, which is probably about what my post is worth.....give or take a penny or two.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Cheesy is right. I think most of us think Rodgers have the ability. We just worry about his longevity on football field. A QB with the world's best skills won't do us much good if he's on the sideline in crutches.

Personally, I like the kid and hope he succeeds. But us Packer fans have been spoiled with Favre's longevity streak and whether you like it or not, Rodgers will be compared to Favre, as Young was compared to Montana, as every Dolphin after Marino was compared to Marino, as every Bronco after Elway was compared to Elway. That's just how a fan's mind works.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hamstring injury's not gonna keep Aaron out too long.
Fret not fellow *****es and moaners.

This could ALL be a ploy by the team also.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I reread everything up to your post, and i didn't see any real "*****ing" or complaining. Just about everyone said they thought Rodgers looked good the time he has been on the field. They just stated the obvious fact that the guy so far has been unable to stay healthy. That said, anyone can get hurt at anytime, but some players, you must admit, seem to be injury prone for some reason. It might not be anything thats their "fault", but it happens. I don't see any "doom and gloom" in what was posted, just stating facts that Rodgers is hurt again.
Me, i hope he has a GREAT career here, as i like how he performs, the short time i have been able to see him. I didn't see anyone calling Rodgers a "freaking loser" cause he got hurt.
I'm just giving my 2 cents, which is probably about what my post is worth.....give or take a penny or two.

Cheesy.... My mistake,

I was giving my opinion about Packer Fans as a whole. Not referring to this thread, or this forum, or the content in this thread

I am talking about people I met in Appleton, Green Bay, Milwaukee, and even Marquette where my fishing guide who I hired was surrounded by Packer fans at the local bar who just *****ed about the negative.

I met more negative, doom and gloom, people, and Packer Fans in Wisconsin than I could have ever imagined.

Just my opinion. I have seen it and it amazes me.

All I could do was look at these people and think.... Just be thankful you are not a Viking Fan.

R.P.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Cheesy.... My mistake,

I was giving my opinion about Packer Fans as a whole. Not referring to this thread, or this forum, or the content in this thread

I am talking about people I met in Appleton, Green Bay, Milwaukee, and even Marquette where my fishing guide who I hired was surrounded by Packer fans at the local bar who just *****ed about the negative.

I met more negative, doom and gloom, people, and Packer Fans in Wisconsin than I could have ever imagined.

Just my opinion. I have seen it and it amazes me.

All I could do was look at these people and think.... Just be thankful you are not a Viking Fan.

R.P.
Oh...ok!
Unfortunatly, if there WERE any positive fans there, they probably kept quiet for fear of being attacked by the whiney losers. Trust me RP........you met the big mouthed minority. Of course, those types are usually the loudest, and most obnoxious.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Fuzznuts said:
I'll change it to.

The truth hurts.

You've got to be kidding. This is homerism at it's best. Rodgers over VY? Cutler? C'mon guys.

You guys know nothing about A-Rod. He might be good and he might be Ryan Leaf. All I know is ask any person who's not a Packers fan who they would rather have and as of right now I would guess 95% would say VY or Cutler.

It's statements like this that make it hard for me to even consider what half you guys say as being reasonable or objective.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, when Rodgers came in last week, I said to myself "This guy reminds me of Ryan Leaf." I don't agree with you much, but I agree with you here.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except Ryan Leaf sucked. A-rod might not be great, but it's apparent to ever--MOST people that he doesn't suck.

edit - Nice edit job, KGB. I'd edit my posts a lot too if I said some of the things you do.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ecept Ryan Leaf sucked. A-rod might not be great, but it's apparent to ever--MOST people that he doesn't suck.

And I'm reasonably sure that to ever--MOST {?} people they would take Cutler or VY over A-Rod at this point in time, which was what the discussion was before your futile attempt to turn it into a playground fight like you do in every thread. Very predictable. I await your next gem.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
VY is overrated. Maybe most of the people you roll with like him, but every one of the guys I know, who are knowledgeable football fans, agree with me that a career high of 250 yards or so with 2 TDs after nearly a year and a half of starting is hardly worth getting excited over.

That Tennesee defense wins them games, in spite of Vince. At this point he's basically a decoy/game manager. Just because he's a media darling doesn't make him better than a guy who's been groomed for the last three years now, and hasn't had a chance to prove himself.

Cutler is nothing special, either. I'll take him seriously when he actually starts winning consistently with one of the more talented, highly paid offenses in the league.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Zombieslayer said:
Fuzznuts said:
I'll change it to.

The truth hurts.

You've got to be kidding. This is homerism at it's best. Rodgers over VY? Cutler? C'mon guys.

You guys know nothing about A-Rod. He might be good and he might be Ryan Leaf. All I know is ask any person who's not a Packers fan who they would rather have and as of right now I would guess 95% would say VY or Cutler.

It's statements like this that make it hard for me to even consider what half you guys say as being reasonable or objective.

dude, that really makes no sense. If you ask most non-Packer fans about Rodger's, of course they're going to pick the big names over him because the majority probably know nothing about him and haven't seen him play at all.

Slight homer? Maybe. However, packer fans have seem him play more then most, therefore we can compare him to others better then most.

Off topic, but your username just made me remember that KGB will be playing again this week. yaaay! I didn't realize how much of a difference he really makes.

Members online

Latest posts