Rodgers Concerned About Perceived Toughness?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be a lesson to the organization to be a little more straight forward regarding injuries. The cloak of secrecy has people blaming someone new everyday. Be a little more transparent without violating hippa laws.....like most teams do.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, unless they're getting consent from the players to release any element of their health situation, most teams are in violation if HIPAA. Really, teams absolutely cannot publicly announce anything at all, unless the player says OK.

I'm as agitated and frustrated as the next guy over the injury situation to Rodgers, but the fact is it's just none of our business.

H

HardRightEdge

Well, unless they're getting consent from the players to release any element of their health situation, most teams are in violation if HIPAA. Really, teams absolutely cannot publicly announce anything at all, unless the player says OK.

That's clearly not true. Teams are required to file injury reports regardless of whether the players approve of it or not.

HIPAA rights have been collectively bargained away, it would appear.

H

HardRightEdge

Garbage reporting is right. For all the sacks Rodgers has taken, for all the runs where he refused to slide, for all the snaps he's taken behind a porous offensive line, his toughness is not in question...except by people who don't know what they're talking about.

Let's raise the leadership bugaboo again, courtesy of Monsieurs Jennings and Driver who, in retrospect, succeeded in merely revealing themselves as selfish knuckleheads.

As recently as 2 1/2 weeks ago it was reported that Rodgers' was experiencing pain while throwing. That surprises me not in the least. Collarbone breaks are notoriously painful. So lets throw him out there, risk another injury, or have him alter his mechanics and end up on Dr. Jobe's operating table. (OK, Jobe is 88 years old, but they named the tables after him).

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finding it offencive to be called sensitive, and then standing up for yourself proclaiming that you are indeed not sensitive. Does not make you sensitive.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the organization and media are most to blame for this. Saying he could be back in 4 weeks and it really being 10. of course he's gonna take some (wrongful) criticisms when he was "supposed" to be back for the Lions game.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did the Packers say that he would be back in 4 weeks? Please post as I'm 99% sure that was all media speculation

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'll notice I said media, but the Packers aren't blameless either. They've hem-hawwed the past 3 weeks regarding his status by not immediately squashing ideas and claims about him playing when it's sounding like now there wasn't ever really a chance that he could play and that he still may not be really all that close to being ready to play.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'll notice I said media, but the Packers aren't blameless either. They've hem-hawwed the past 3 weeks regarding his status by not immediately squashing ideas and claims about him playing when it's sounding like now there wasn't ever really a chance that he could play and that he still may not be really all that close to being ready to play.
That's called gamesmanship. It's been around in the NFL since before you were born. The team couldn't give two flips about what we all think. The focus is winning games, and if making the other team believe that they have to prepare for Rodgers helps, then hells bells. Why should we care?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no issue with Florio's article if it gets the Packers' front office and coaching staff to open up. Wasn't the Derrick Rose situation in Chicago recent enough for teams to understand? If there's any possibility the guy won't come back, just flat out say he won't be back and then everyone is pleasantly surprised if he does come back. MM and co have royally screwed this up.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Rodgers has always been sensitive. The draft, his height, etc. who cares as if it is a bad thing???

IF, and I say IF, he comes back this week (which I doubt), I like our chances going forward. The guy always seems to hyper-motivate himself when dumb people (Florio the 3rd rate lawyer) pick at him.

Second, I'm not a Favre hater ... but ... Favre played when he shouldn't have, when his injuries could have impacted the outcome of games. Just my opinion. Favre is a Packer whether anyone here or even Favre himself want to admit it. The guy was a player.

Rodgers is a player too. More my style of NFL QB1 than Brett was ... but they're both players.

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it reprehensible that people would question his toughness......even MM has stated that Rodgers has been driving him crazy, wanting to play.....why would MM lie about this? There is nothing to gain for MM saying that.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no issue with Florio's article if it gets the Packers' front office and coaching staff to open up. Wasn't the Derrick Rose situation in Chicago recent enough for teams to understand? If there's any possibility the guy won't come back, just flat out say he won't be back and then everyone is pleasantly surprised if he does come back. MM and co have royally screwed this up.
Why do "we" want the coaches and FO to open up about private matters such as injuries. That's like expecting a chess player to tell you what his next move is going to be. Your post is just plain ignorant.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The saga continues.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/22/report-rodgers-concerned-about-perceived-toughness/

Mike Florio is an utter tool!:notworthy: Or is that "Udder" tool. :confused:

It would be "utter" in the context presented. However, if you're calling Florio a "cowbag", then he'd be an udder. I think truthfully that it's six of one and a half dozen of the other (or is that udder? Or... utter? ... way too much coffee today ... give me annudder... arrrgh.... sorry.)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Why do "we" want the coaches and FO to open up about private matters such as injuries. That's like expecting a chess player to tell you what his next move is going to be.

I agree. The Packers have ZERO obligation to come forward with information beyond what the league dictates. Hell, the Boston media don't even ask Bellichek anymore ... he refuses to talk period...as does the entire Patriot organization.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the organization and media are most to blame for this. Saying he could be back in 4 weeks and it really being 10. of course he's gonna take some (wrongful) criticisms when he was "supposed" to be back for the Lions game.

ESPN Adam schefter was the one that said 3 weeks

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9929515/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-broken-collarbone

Earlier Tuesday, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the 2011 league MVP could miss three weeks.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do "we" want the coaches and FO to open up about private matters such as injuries. That's like expecting a chess player to tell you what his next move is going to be. Your post is just plain ignorant.

Seriously? So that fans and media dont' start questioning players' toughness or start spurious rumours. Yeah, letting the next team know that Rodgers won't be playing is certainly the exact equivalent of giving away your chess strategy. Do you really think that gives any advantage? Like the Bears are going to prepare half as hard if they know for sure that Rodgers is out?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously? So that fans and media dont' start questioning players' toughness or start spurious rumours. Yeah, letting the next team know that Rodgers won't be playing is certainly the exact equivalent of giving away your chess strategy. Do you really think that gives any advantage? Like the Bears are going to prepare half as hard if they know for sure that Rodgers is out?
Uhhh, it makes them have to work harder having to gameplan for both possibilities for one thing. Fans and media can conjecture all they want, it makes little difference. If you think the team isn't aware of Rodgers' status before the Friday presser you're kidding yourself. Stop projecting your frustrations over being left in the dark through generalistic comments that have little to no basis in fact. It just makes you look silly.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhhh, it makes them have to work harder having to gameplan for both possibilities for one thing. Fans and media can conjecture all they want, it makes little difference. If you think the team isn't aware of Rodgers' status before the Friday presser you're kidding yourself. Stop projecting your frustrations over being left in the dark through generalistic comments that have little to no basis in fact. It just makes you look silly.

No, if that's the case I would lose sooooo much respect for coaches and players. They have all week to enact a gameplan. It's not like Flynn is RGIII, the offense doesn't change that much. Our offense is built around a pocket-qb so no matter who is in, our passing attack isn't any different in concept. The Packers aren't running a whole new set of plays for Flynn. The ONLY difference would be more of an emphasis on the run but since we'd be running the EXACT same plays with Rodgers or Flynn in (just fewer runs) how exactly does the gameplan change? Don't start buying all that cloak-and-dagger bull from the coaches. About the only thing the Bears, etc. might have to focus more on the short passing game vs with Rodgers you have to make sure the safeties are aware of the deep ball. That shouldn't take more than a couple hours?

Also, this game is built for the FANS. I think the coaches and some people lose sight of that fact. As for my "generalistic" comments, please, since you must obviously have numerous specific examples, let me know which games have been swung because the coach said a player was 25/75 vs just saying he was out.

Members online

Latest posts