Rodgers calls James Jones 'priority No. 1'

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcThZvj1Iy0]‪James Jones dropped pass in Super Bowl XLV‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Not a concentration drop, just a case of bricks for hands. You can call any drop a concentration problem, that is often not the reality, just an excuse. When the receiver looks past the catch, that is a concentration drop.

If JJ returns it better be at a good price.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's willing to stay for $1 mil per year to play for a champion than yeah. Seeing his market value as a potential #2 is around $4 mil, he's gone. Honestly I'm not worried, Randall Cobb and hopefully 6'5" UDFA Tori Gurley(if he beats out Swain) look promising. Yeah you could argue rookies aren't seasoned enough to replace Jones, but unlike half of the franchises, we got Rodgers. You KNOW the ball's gonna be there on target. They just need to work on timing and hands.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'll tell you what. I know MM likes the duplicity in his receiving patterns for each and every receiver. But I think we'll see alot more of motion out of the backfield with Cobb and Starks and Green and Williams. It's not like they will be in WR positions ya know? You can simply motion to the same set (to look the D over) and reverse the slot routes for those guys and you have hundreds of plays. So they won't have to learn the whole playbook.
I do remember that Starks has really good hands too. I kept expecting to see some of that last year but didn't.
Plus, it wouldn't surprise me to see Finley in X,Y,Z for some snaps. I really think it's going to be a really different offense than what we know.
I wish him well where ever he goes but I wouldn't be surprised if he was "injured" whenever he has to face Charles/Tramon/Sam.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Not a concentration drop, just a case of bricks for hands. You can call any drop a concentration problem, that is often not the reality, just an excuse. When the receiver looks past the catch, that is a concentration drop.

If JJ returns it better be at a good price.
Yes, you CAN say any drop is a concentration problem. Have you ever just threw the ball around? It's easy to catch right? Even if you have bricks for hands if the ball is there you can usually catch it. My 3 year old grandson can catch a ball.
So if it's just an excuse, what is the reality? (by your words) So you say if someone is looking downfield instead of the catch that is the only scenario where it's a concentration drop?
I'm not trying to start a fight, just wondering where you're going here? How do YOU define a concentration drop and a brick hands drop?
If it's a precision type of effort by a human being, it's concentration. If it's an everyday walk it's instinctive. NFL WR are not instinctively catching the ball, it's all concentration.
Nothing wrong with Jones hands, he catches the difficult ones everyone agrees. It's the easy ones he drops. So that's a brick hands situation?

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can believe whatever you wish, I believe he has poor hands for a NFL receiver and that leads to his inconsistent play.

Too many people posting opinion as fact, get over yourself.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can believe whatever you wish, I believe he has poor hands for a NFL receiver and that leads to his inconsistent play.

Too many people posting opinion as fact, get over yourself.
Wow, where's the need for the last sentence?

And regarding the hands and whatnot, it doesn't explain why he makes some really hard catches. If one believes that a good handed receiver is the one that doesn't drop many passes and a bad handed receiver is the one that do, be my guest, but I for one think that's oversimplistic.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you serious? I think my comment is more than fair considering the amount of flame bait to come out of the poster.

Well, again, you are entitled to believe whatever you want in regards to JJ or any other Packer player. What I find is over-simplistic is assuming he has good hands because he makes the odd great catch and blaming everything on a concentration issue.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
In discussing Jones yesterday on Homer's radio show, Jason Wilde said the ironic thing about Jones is he has - in the OPINION of Wilde - the best hands on the team. I don't know about the "best" but I agree with those who think he has a concentration problem, not bad hands.
I'd like him to remain a Packer because I think McCarthy and staff view him as a better WR in the passing game than Nelson. But I have confidence Thompson won't overpay him and I really like Nelson and think his Super Bowl performance will give him the confidence to improve his game. I also think Thompson is particularly good at identifying and acquiring good WRs, begining with the first one he acquired, Terrence Murphy who IMO would have been a very good wide out, except for injury.

I'm hearing rumors about Jones signing with the Vikings - what is it with our neighbor's apparent "Packer envy"?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Are you serious? I think my comment is more than fair considering the amount of flame bait to come out of the poster.

Well, again, you are entitled to believe whatever you want in regards to JJ or any other Packer player. What I find is over-simplistic is assuming he has good hands because he makes the odd great catch and blaming everything on a concentration issue.
OK Bullwinkle, so explain it in the most pedestrian terms you can come up with.
"What you find is over-simplistic is assuming good hands because" he makes catches you or I can't make on a given day. But he's a poor receiver with bad hands because what???
If not a concentration issue then what? Bad Karma?
I'm all ears dude, not trying to start an argument, but you really don't have a position on this do you? You're just taking a contrary position to appose me right? Else please enlighten me on even the most rudimentary facets of your argument, they escape me.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bullwinkle? Really? How old are you..

You are something else. Yes, I am looking to appose you, the random ****** that took issue with my original post in the first place.

Your argument is that he has better hands then I do, and that a three year old can catch a football. You are not worth debating, flame on because I know the mods won't do a thing on this site.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bullwinkle? Really? How old are you..

You are something else. Yes, I am looking to appose you, the random ****** that took issue with my original post in the first place.

Your argument is that he has better hands then I do, and that a three year old can catch a football. You are not worth debating, flame on because I know the mods won't do a thing on this site.

If you do have a problem with Bullwinkle I will edit it, but, as you said, it's innocuous. It's like calling someone silly...

And regarding anything else, I don't see any baiting in here. And I've had my share of arguments with DevilDon, some in which I did the same you're doing, stop debating, so I'm not taking anyone's side in here.

I just don't see problem enough for me to intervene. Unless you kids need an adult supervising. If so, I'm gonna install something called the talking stick.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Thinking of it, and watching replays of the Super Bowl, if I had to choose Jones or Nelson I would go with Jones. Also as a QB Rodgers is very forgiving, and seems to "forget" about the dropped passes more than us fans do.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Unless you kids need an adult supervising. If so, I'm gonna install something called the talking stick.
Not the talking stick!!!!!
Sorry if it seems I'm inclined to argue. I'm not even though it seems I'm getting that reputation. I get that we're all Packer fans. But it's okay if I disagree with someone's opinion isn't it?
If people get all bend up because I have an opposing view it's not to bait them or to anger them. Just making my point known too.
Besides, Moose questioned my opinion first. I just tried to explain my view.
Peace bro, but really, if it's not concentration then what is it? I'm still dying to hear.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:suicide_fool-edit:

1st point, the video I posted was in response to RS. Should have quoted him, but I never quoted you either. So, I never "questioned" your opinion first. 2nd, I have made it clear I believe his inconsistencies are caused by his poor hands for a NFL WR. You can SAY he has great hands, that is not fact, that is your opinion.

Ignore button. <--This forum needs one.

:banging:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score

1st point, the video I posted was in response to RS. Should have quoted him, but I never quoted you either. So, I never "questioned" your opinion first. 2nd, I have made it clear I believe his inconsistencies are caused by his poor hands for a NFL WR. You can SAY he has great hands, that is not fact, that is your opinion.

OK, OK, don't shoot yourself or butt your head against a wall. Seriously we're all here just to chat about the Pack right? It's okay if you ignore me, but it seems you insist on debating me on your point which I'm okay with. Just give me one single solitary piece, just a shard mind you, of why you think JJ's catching abilities are just because he's a brick handed non player in the NFL. The same one that's been the World Champion Green Bay Packers' #3 WR for years. The same guy Minnesota is going to bid for as their #1 or 2. I'm open to opinions ranging from the esoteric to the obvious.
Your position that the guy just isn't a good receiver doesn't hold any water unless you can give me a little bit to work with.
Last item champ, you say "I can SAY he has good hands", but let's be honest, mostly everyone else who watches football and lives football and makes a living with football agree the guy is a decent receiver. How else do you explain the unbelievable catches he HAS made? Catches few other 2nd stringers can make? Luck? Karma? Divine Intervention? Extraterrestrial intervention? I'm all ears.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Putting words in my mouth, again. I never said he was a non-player, and would love him back at a good price as our #3, of course.

Now you have moved on to, "mostly everyone else who watches football"... :rotfl:

A broken clock is right twice a day, just because he makes some nice catches doesn't mean he has great hands, HS players have made some of the nicest catches ever played on ESPN, doesn't mean they have great hands, it means they made a good play in that situation. He is highly athletic, has good separation speed, and has a great QB throwing him the ball, he puts himself in position for great catches and sometimes comes down with them.

Understand that my opinion is different than yours, get over it, and move on.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

There is one

Click on persons name, go to their profile and look for

add to ignore list

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If your having issues with someone, report them, ignore them (gave you steps to do that) , or take it to private messages..

We cant fix or handle something if we are not aware of an issue

But as RS has said, with little "spats" why should mods step in? Now if it gets out of hand, then yes we will step in and handle it..

But I think someone was looking for an answer?

If someone has brick hands, how can they make a hard catch?

I believe your claim is JJ has brick hands, so, he should never make a tough catch..

They are just confused in your thoughts on it all. As am I..

Members online

Latest posts