Rodgers blindside

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

When Green Bay's disappointing 8-8-1 season came to a close, Packer coach Mike McCarthy and offensive line coach James Campen were both noncommittal about their 2014 left tackle.

No surprise we were worn out, WE played an extra game :eek:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hopefully, Sherrod can can heal up and make himself worth being mentioned. As it sits now, the poor guy is a walking (presumably) injury target.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If you believe Pro Football Focus’ rankings have any validity, it is remarkable they have the Packers OL ranked 12th overall with a 4th round rookie at LT and a 2012 UDFA at RT. Somebody might take from that Campen did a good job. Not me, but somebody might. ;)

H

HardRightEdge

The first 3 years of Sherrod's contract were guaranteed. There was no downside whatsoever in being overly optimistic while the guy hung out on IR and PUP. Now, with the guarantees gone, the rubber meets the road.

He might make the squad, but I see no cause for optimism.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you believe Pro Football Focus’ rankings have any validity, it is remarkable they have the Packers OL ranked 12th overall with a 4th round rookie at LT and a 2012 UDFA at RT. Somebody might take from that Campen did a good job. Not me, but somebody might. ;)
On paper it looks like that the o line will be better next season

GreenDeath

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On paper it looks like that the o line will be better next season

It better look better! Bulaga hopefully coming back is one step in that direction. We must, must, must protect the franchise. All you need to do is look at Atlanta this year, their line was in shambles and Ryan got battered on their way to an awful season after being looked upon as Super Bowl favourites.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It better look better! Bulaga hopefully coming back is one step in that direction. We must, must, must protect the franchise. All you need to do is look at Atlanta this year, their line was in shambles and Ryan got battered on their way to an awful season after being looked upon as Super Bowl favourites.
Falcons had the 7th most passing yards in the league. The o line was the reason behind their collapse.

Our o line is fine. Every position besides center is set.

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Continuity would be nice this time.
We have a lot of talent on our roster. May they duke out who's
starting and then may they stay on the field for most of the season.

If that happens, I think we're doing really good.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
If you believe Pro Football Focus’ rankings have any validity, it is remarkable they have the Packers OL ranked 12th overall with a 4th round rookie at LT and a 2012 UDFA at RT. Somebody might take from that Hilgenberg made a difference. Not me, but somebody might. ;)
FIFY

GreenDeath

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons had the 7th most passing yards in the league. The o line was the reason behind their collapse.

Did you mean to say their O-line wasn't the reason behind their collapse? They couldn't run the football this year. Ryan was sacked 44 times, the previous most he ever endured was 28. I mean hell, the Panthers sacked him 9 times in one game this year. Their line was atrocious. Having the 7th most passing yards is irrelevant if you only win four games. Especially since they were behind so much this year they had no choice but to sling it on prevent defenses. Their line couldn't even block standard four man rushes.

D

Deleted member 6794

Did you mean to say their O-line wasn't the reason behind their collapse? They couldn't run the football this year. Ryan was sacked 44 times, the previous most he ever endured was 28. I mean hell, the Panthers sacked him 9 times in one game this year. Their line was atrocious. Having the 7th most passing yards is irrelevant if you only win four games. Especially since they were behind so much this year they had no choice but to sling it on prevent defenses. Their line couldn't even block standard four man rushes.

In addition having the 7th most total passing yards is a misleading stat as they attempted more passes than a lot of teams. Yards per attempt they were ranked in the bottom half.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
correct, meant wasnt the reason.

Seattle gave up the same amount of sacks as Atlanta. What are they doing this week?

A better culprit would be the horrendous pass defense they had this past season. Arguably the worst in the league. 2nd highest QB rating given up, worst Y/A, 5th worst int %, 3rd worst in INTs, 5th in cmp %, 2nd from the bottom of the league in sacks (not pass defense per say but plays a part),

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In addition having the 7th most total passing yards is a misleading stat as they attempted more passes than a lot of teams. Yards per attempt they were ranked in the bottom half.
By bottom half of the league you mean 17th.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta will be Atlanta for as long as the biggest over-hyped QB in the NFL is there.

Matty Ice... Jay Cutler... Tony Romo.... all I can say is, I'm thankful Aaron Rodgers is my QB!

As good as these guys can be at times, I'm just not feeling it at all.

As much as I like Wilson, I wouldn't even be the least excited to think I'm about to have to pay him a boatload either. I just think these type of guys can really kill a franchise in that their ROI for cap space sucks. Without his defense, I wonder what we're going to be left with with Wilson. (?)

It's a pretty damn nice feeling knowing that the most important position on the Packers is in very solid hands.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts