Rodgers against the Cowboys...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A. Rodgers 18/26 201 1 TD, 0 INT and 5 for 30 rushing
B. Favre 5/14 56 0 TDs, 2 INT

THose are the stats from the Dallas game.

Rodgers demonstrated the ability to manage a game, put some mustard on the ball, and scramble better than Brett has since his early 30s.

I understand a lot of the concerns about Brett leaving, we can't conclude a lot from 3 quarters of play, but I also see a lot of potential for this team to be very competitive w/ Rodgers.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers also played well in the preseason. There was no dropoff when he replaced Favre. Although I don't think Rodgers is capable of playing at the level Brett played at in 2007 (at least not yet), he should be able to win plenty of games with the help of a good defense, good receivers, and one of the best young RB's in the game.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to pee in everyone's Cheerios here, but take a look at what the Cowgirls' DC said about AR's performance in that game.

Despite the solid showing, Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart questioned whether Rodgers would be able to maintain that success as a starter. "I know when I say this, everybody's going to say I'm a hater, but I think he's going to struggle. Our game plan that day was for Favre. He's not one to run the ball much, so our rush lanes were different. In fact, we did such a good job we put him out of the game. With Rodgers, basically he's a guy who can get out and run, so he ran the ball a little bit. But if we were preparing for him, I don't think he would do as well. He's athletic, but when you face him you'll game plan for that."

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe we will be fine with Rodgers.
It will be tough for him (or anyone else for that matter) to fill the shoes of a legend.
We all need to get behind him and support him rather than run him out of town like what was done to Jim Carter when he replaced Nitschke.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers demonstrated the ability to manage a game, put some mustard on the ball, and scramble better than Brett has since his early 30s.

I understand a lot of the concerns about Brett leaving, we can't conclude a lot from 3 quarters of play, but I also see a lot of potential for this team to be very competitive w/ Rodgers.

PUT MUSTARD ON THE BALL? You seen how much zip Aaron's passes have?
You watching the same game?

You also see him avoid the rush and make plays w/his feet during that game?

If you want a copy of the game, I can send it to ya.
I think yours was in slo mo or something.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
musccy said:

PUT MUSTARD ON THE BALL? You seen how much zip Aaron's passes have?
You watching the same game?

You also see him avoid the rush and make plays w/his feet during that game?

If you want a copy of the game, I can send it to ya.
I think yours was in slo mo or something.

Rodgers officialy has his 1st stalker!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
we can't conclude a lot from 3 quarters of play, .

I agree.

How about 3 years of coaches and teammates praising the kid, and then showing he has some very good skills in 3 quarters of play (and preseason)

also, did you not see the mustache? Do you doubt it?

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Trom for pointing out the most important rodgers attribute which I forgot...his 'stache! It's like Samson's hair...with it he can take down mythical beasts, crush architectural wonders, and slay mighty NFL defenses!

Provided that he doesn't shave it off, and he plays like we've seen him, he'll be mobile in and out of the pocket, will manage the game well, and will have at least adequate arm strength

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Trom for pointing out the most important rodgers attribute which I forgot...his 'stache! It's like Samson's hair...with it he can take down mythical beasts, crush architectural wonders, and slay mighty NFL defenses!

Provided that he doesn't shave it off, and he plays like we've seen him, he'll be mobile in and out of the pocket, will manage the game well, and will have at least adequate arm strength

His mustache will knock away potential tacklers.

There needs to be an animated show revolving around Aaron's facial hair.

So this is life after Favre, eh? Well....it's different.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to pee in everyone's Cheerios here, but take a look at what the Cowgirls' DC said about AR's performance in that game.

Despite the solid showing, Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart questioned whether Rodgers would be able to maintain that success as a starter. "I know when I say this, everybody's going to say I'm a hater, but I think he's going to struggle. Our game plan that day was for Favre. He's not one to run the ball much, so our rush lanes were different. In fact, we did such a good job we put him out of the game. With Rodgers, basically he's a guy who can get out and run, so he ran the ball a little bit. But if we were preparing for him, I don't think he would do as well. He's athletic, but when you face him you'll game plan for that."

Ummm..what exactly do you expect an opposing coach to say, when they were picked on by a backup QB? "He exposed us...he was great"

The first response is denial.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:

Ummm..what exactly do you expect an opposing coach to say, when they were picked on by a backup QB? "He exposed us...he was great"

The first response is denial.

Yes, I also took that statement with a major grain of salt. And it's not like Rodgers' only good plays were his scrambles. He threw the ball well and managed the game well.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At one point Rodgers completed 10 straight passes against that ferocious pass rush/give up the QB running lanes defense. He played very, very well.

I mean come on, what Stewart says there is true whenever a backup comes in. You gameplan for the starter. That doesn't mean you can't draw some guarded conclusions from the performance of the backup.

Plus, football is not *that* complicated. If the QB is running all over you, the players and coaches can start changing their calls. Dallas' defense has seen a mobile QB before. They couldn't stop him.

Now of course if you gameplan for Rodgers, things will be somewhat different.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
At one point Rodgers completed 10 straight passes against that ferocious pass rush/give up the QB running lanes defense. He played very, very well.

I mean come on, what Stewart says there is true whenever a backup comes in. You gameplan for the starter. That doesn't mean you can't draw some guarded conclusions from the performance of the backup.

Plus, football is not *that* complicated. If the QB is running all over you, the players and coaches can start changing their calls. Dallas' defense has seen a mobile QB before. They couldn't stop him.

Now of course if you gameplan for Rodgers, things will be somewhat different.

At one point, Aaron threw 23 consecutive passes against USC in college.
His 10 straight passes against Dallas does not surprise me at all.

His game is to be deadly accurate and pick apart teams w/ precise passing and throw the bomb if they have a weak spot.

I don't see him as less of an attacker than Favre.
Favre's tendency is to throw the bomb sometimes in spite of the game plan.

Aaron will utilize the gameplan to his advantage and try to find the soft spots in the defense.

He's an attacking QB. A more cerebral QB. Not just a game manager and a "solid QB". You guys will be pleasantly surprised next year.

Keep in mind, Mike McCarthy and TT have been waiting for Aaron to take the helm too. You'll see an attacking offense from McCarthy and Rodgers that will utilize his accuracy and quick passing skills...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts