1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rock Band?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Mortfini, May 28, 2008.

1. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any1 here bought Rock Band for Any of the major consoles
  2. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, but I've played it @ my friend's house. IMO, it's the best game ever made, as long as you have a couple of friends to rock along with you, and as long as you know a good 90% of the songs available to play.

One downside is that as far as I've seen, they haven't released anything where you can buy the 2nd guitar on it's own yet.(The full setup only comes with game, drums, mic and one guitar) So you either pay for the entire setup twice, or perpetually play as a three-piece. The current guitars made for Guitar Hero that you can buy by themselves aren't compatible with the Rock Band game.
  3. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have hear it is well worth the money. I plan on trying it soon, it has been far too long already.
  4. mxchamp004

mxchamp004 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I used to own rock band for the 360. It was really fun for a few days, but then gut very boring. I did like to play it when i had a few friends over but it is not very fun by yourself. If you want to buy another guitar buy a GHIII controller because they are better and last longer.
  5. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Save your money, wait for the fall when guitar hero releases their far superior band based game it will be awesome. I had Rock Band, it was awesome if you wanna play the same songs over and over and over again, my drum set broke and the guitar was junk, microphone was great tho. Trust me the Guitar Hero version will be fantastic, they set the standard.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14222045.html
  6. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Good to here from you Bang. Was starting to wonder.
  7. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know man, finals week then moving and packing then memorial day, I haven't been around much... I'm all over during the summer months, I'll be around here and there haha
  8. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rock Band was made by half of the two companies that produced Guitar Hero. So the people that set the standard and the people that made the spinoff are pretty much the same people.

Rock Band is amazing. I do not own it, but have played several times. Most of the songs are pretty recognizable, and that is what helps. I may not think Wanted Dead or Alive is an amazing song, but sure is fun as hell to play. I could see the "this is the same song over and over" argument, but switching between four instruments keeps it pretty fresh.
  9. mxchamp004

mxchamp004 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, i had played it many times before i bought it and thought it was awesome. Once i bought it i figured out that the song selection wasnt very good and it got very boring (unless you have 3 or 4 friends over). I would either wait for the next guitar hero or buy the third one.
  10. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have it for xbox 360. Its really fun
  11. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have it for the 360. Great fun.

And I haven't tried yet, but I'm pretty sure if you have an XBox Live setup you can download more songs.
  12. mkapp

mkapp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have it for 360 - drum pad starting lifting and the mic quit working after about 10 days out of the box. Called the support line and new ones are on their way, no charge. Tons of funs with friends, and gets pretty interesting as the night and drinks wear on. You can play solo if you want as a drummer, singer, or guitar player - so its like GH too.
  13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You know what I'm wondering?

With musical instruments as cheap as they are why people get plastic imitations of them.
  14. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah sure its fine... the instrments are poorly made and its so repetitive which kills any fun factor... just wait and try to tell me the new guitar hero isnt better... The 2 creators are far different, maybe some same crew which I'm not sure of, but if they were, I dont think the interface of rockband would have been so ******...
  15. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Because, like all video games, virtual reality is easier than actual reality. I've been sucking at real guitar for 10 years, and after 20 minutes I'm a Rock Band idol.
  16. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One hour a day of scales and chords, my friend. Guaranteed you'll show improvement sooner than you realize.

Learning anything all comes down to the basics. And repeat the basics over and over again. From there, expand.
  17. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We play guitar hero III and its a blast, thought about buying rock band but havent as of yet.
  18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have always wanted to play the guitar. I tried, but just can't do it. My brother was an EXCELLENT guitar player. He had 2 REAL bands in the 1960's. I can sing, but can't play guitar at all. I played the "Guitar hero" at WalMart once. It was ok, but i couldn't see myself playing that for hours.
    I still like the REAL bands.
  19. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    anybody know what happens when you reach a million points?
  20. Scythe

Scythe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
  21. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes. Your kids slit their wrists and your spouse leaves you.
  22. JoeGoal

JoeGoal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I always get laughed at my friends who play rock band because I don't play rock band. I play in a real band :shock:
  23. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's like NFL players questioning those who play Madden. Why don't you just start practicing and make the NFL? Why waste time with a video game?

A. Cause in about 11 minutes, I'm a 3rd round pick. And after a few hours, I'm starting game 1 of the regular season. Same concept applies to Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

Smarmy musicians.... ;)
  24. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Joe - In your Profile, put the link to your band in the website section, then we can click on your band's website (if you have a website for your band).
  25. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PIB - There are a million reasons why the average person can NOT play in the NFL. You must have the right size, the right speed, a high amount of hit points, etc. Genetics play a huge part in it. I have played with Semi-Pro players and thought they were Gods. They would have slaughtered the people I played with in high school. Yet, they couldn't even make the big league.

Now as a musician, you can have 2 broken legs and elephantiasis and still record albums, especially now that there is so much software available that anyone can do it for cheap.