OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RobJohnson said:
Really?

TT didn't ban Favre from the locker room?

Sorry, but I'm not the one engaged in revisionist history here, that did, in fact, happen.

Alright kids. This is the end of the Favre/Rodgers debate in this thread. If we can't keep it to the CORRECT thread, posts will start disappearing. Last warning................

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RobJohnson said:
How do you explain 13-3 last year then?

Oh yeah, this must have been IN SPITE of Favre, I take it.
That's the usual argument.

Man, reality sure does get a twist around here, doesn't it?

Can we please keep the Favre/Rodgers stuff in the correct thread. Thanks.
wischeez

Please see the correct thread for my response.

OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
RobJohnson said:
How do you explain 13-3 last year then?

Oh yeah, this must have been IN SPITE of Favre, I take it.
That's the usual argument.

Man, reality sure does get a twist around here, doesn't it?

Can we please keep the Favre/Rodgers stuff in the correct thread. Thanks.
wischeez

Please see the correct thread for my response.

Thank You.

44 blitz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack needs a defense PERIOD!!!

A Rod will be just fine. If the Bears can win with Orton the Pack can surely win with A Rod.

We need a ****ing defense that can hold the average team to 10 points or less and we win with this offense.

TT and MM went into this season thinking they had the talent on D to get that done. I don't think they thought they would need to score 20 plus every week.

The ****ing Queens probably win the division with " Guss Forgot ", "Tararis Jackson " WHO? and "Baby John David ********** "

Give me a brake!!! A Rod will be just fine.

What do the Bears and Queens have that we don't? A ****ING DEFENSE....

It's time for all those who said it was stupid to spend money in FA to rethink. It's time for TT to rethink his approach. And if all that talent dose exist on this team than it's time to fire the Defensive coaching staff,NOW! and show us he means business.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hate to say it but ,, i really think the packers need to over haul the team starting at the top ... TT needs to step off ,, and MM needs to go with him ... now not olny will the pack not be in the playoffs but we cant even stop the bears from going .... we had the game and self destructed just like we have most of this season ... imo this is bad coaching ... i wont blame Rodgers at all ,, he is playing well ,, infact he is the brite spot on the team ....

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike bat said:
i hate to say it but ,, i really think the packers need to over haul the team starting at the top ... TT needs to step off ,, and MM needs to go with him ... now not olny will the pack not be in the playoffs but we cant even stop the bears from going .... we had the game and self destructed just like we have most of this season ... imo this is bad coaching ... i wont blame Rodgers at all ,, he is playing well ,, infact he is the brite spot on the team ....

I've been saying that about Rodgers all year.

Lambow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Such a depressing season. Only Barnetts injury really to blame for defense. Of course without Favre Grant had to learn to run against a D that WASNT in a dime and his introduction to LB's meant much lower yards per carry. And Rodgers isnt an idiot. But he is just a filler till the next Green Bay legend emerges. And that will be a waaaaaay's off with Teddy playing god. He HAS TO GO. Signing Arod to an ext during this pathetic season shows he only cares about the players that HE brought in. GRRRRR. The Bears ARE NOT A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM! And we still lost to them. McCarthy has one more year. Tompson should be fired at seasons end or today for that matter. Dont let him have ANY more draftpicks.

shorty27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey this is my first post so I'd just like to say hi to everyone before I start. Now, I'm gonna get right to it and say that I absolutely ****ing hate Ted Thompson and what he's done to this organization. I really don't think there has been another GM in the league worse than him. I mean, if he keeps at it, this years Lions will be laughing at us. He's made the worst decisions at the drafts, he's passed up free agents that would've have no doubt won us the Super Bowl last year (randy moss). Why the **** would you pass up randy moss with all that salary cap space? Just imagine: Moss, Jennings, and Driver all being thrown to by Favre. That would result in records in yardage and TD's.

TT ONLY CARES ABOUT GETTING HIS WAY, RATHER THAN BEING RIGHT. He is on an ego trip.

Ted also successfully sent the greatest quarterback legend of all time packing. WHO THE **** WOULDN'T WANT BRETT FAVRE ON THEIR TEAM? Give me a ****ing break, Ted. Look at how all your awesome decisions have led to this wonderful winning season. Not like we got stomped on defense all year, and underperformed on offense. Not like we blew a handful of games in the 4th quarter. Not like we lost TEN GAMES or anything. So, Ted, if you're reading this, GET THE **** OUT!

I'm also so sick of Mike McCarthy's terrible play calling. I could pick better plays than him. He either picks the most obvious ****ing play, or a play that leads me to say "What the **** did you call that play for?" I'm still so baffled that Ted would even hire him in the first place. I mean, look who he is; a terrible offensive coordinator for god awful Saints, 49s, and Cardinals teams. Why would you pick him over Steve Marriucci (sp?) or ANYONE ELSE BUT HIM??? I have a bad feeling that GB is going to suffer a long time under his regime. He really is trying to turn us into the Lions!

Schmitto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF only Mark Hatley wouldnt have passed away, he would've been in Ted's seat...The same guy who played a powerful role in drafting two consecutive rookie of the years for the Bears with Urlacher and Jones...I believe he also pretty much drafted Barnett but im not forsure. Either way, if Hatley wouldnt have passed away then we would have jsut got done winning a superbowl last year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
shorty27 said:
I'm also so sick of Mike McCarthy's terrible play calling. I could pick better plays than him. He either picks the most obvious ****ing play, or a play that leads me to say "What the **** did you call that play for?" I'm still so baffled that Ted would even hire him in the first place. I mean, look who he is; a terrible offensive coordinator for god awful Saints, 49s, and Cardinals teams. Why would you pick him over Steve Marriucci (sp?) or ANYONE ELSE BUT HIM??? I have a bad feeling that GB is going to suffer a long time under his regime. He really is trying to turn us into the Lions!

Welcome shorty!

I didnt know MM was with the Cards?

He was with with the Chiefs tho working with Bono, Grbac and Rich Gannon..In fact Rich Gannon credits Mike with helping him learn new things which in turn allowed Gannon to win the MVP

Did you know that while with the Saints, his teams broke all sort of offensive scoring records? and won offensive assistant coordinator in New Orleans as well??

He was only in Frisco one year with a ROOKIE starting q/b

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know i agree with Shorty ... i think he really hit the nail on the head ... the packers just dont have it ,, at all ... poor poor coaching all around ,, followed by poor managment ... you are seeing the trickle down effect on the field ... the packers dont have a play maker on the team ,,, they lost that when they sent 4 packing ... and as for the great picks we may get ,, who cares .. TT will just trade them all down for a bunch of 5th rounders ,, again poor choices ... then before the season starts TT will cut most of the 5th round picks ... so instead of just getting a solid 1st or 2nd round pick ,, we will have a shabby 5th rounder again poor choices ... then you have MM out there on the field looking no better than Sherman ... MM is a slouch at best ... he is soft ,, he has not been the leader that a coach needs to be ... instead of firing a few guys and setting a standard ,, he points his finger at the players .... players he coached ... MM just isnt a leader ,, just like Sherman ... simple as that there are no leaders on the packers team ... the vets that are left arent in a place to lead ,,, they are more worried about where they will play when TT and MM give them the train had left the station speech ... i hope somthing happens before TT and MM run this packers team in the dirt ,,, and it may already be too late ... if the lions beat us ,, what does that say to the fans ... we may be in for a long many years of suckville ,, that being said im still a fan ... ive said it before and ill say it again too the bloody end go pack go ....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Greg Jennings isnt a playmaker?

Woodson isnt?

i think those 2 are very capable of being playmakers

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Greg Jennings isnt a playmaker?

Woodson isnt?

i think those 2 are very capable of being playmakers

they make a few plays .. but we dont have that solid playmaker ... we dont have a leader out there at all ... when i say playmaker i mean we dont have that guy that is breaking games open for us .. i mean the difference makers ... yea woodson is good and ya jennings is good ,,, but they would be better if we had that playmaker ... and our whole team would be better if our coach was a leader ,, he is not a leader ... he hasnt been able to set the standard ... hes about as soft as a devils food cookie ... there is no doubt we are lacking almost everywhere ... harris is getting burned out there and so is woodson ... jennings will make a few plays ,, but thats it a few plays ... we lost so many games this season by just 1 score ,, and most we led points into the 4th ... the changes that need to be made start with TT and MM ,,, if the packers can make those changes the team could move forward ... the longer TT and MM run this team i just see it getting worse and worse ,, like it has since TT and MM have controled the team ... that just a fact

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly agree with you Mike Bat. I don't know why the Packers organization hired this guy, but they did, and we have to deal with it, until they wake up and decide to let him go.

BTW, I am so glad that we have this board. I was on another board where you couldn't express your opinions about management unless they were all positive--otherwise you were reported to the moniters. And of course, I was; so I never disagree with them any more. Talk about lack of freedom of speech.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schmitto said:
IF only Mark Hatley wouldnt have passed away, he would've been in Ted's seat...The same guy who played a powerful role in drafting two consecutive rookie of the years for the Bears with Urlacher and Jones...I believe he also pretty much drafted Barnett but im not forsure. Either way, if Hatley wouldnt have passed away then we would have jsut got done winning a superbowl last year.

Jones? You're not talking about Thomas Jones... are you?

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Anyone checked out http://www.firetedthompsonnow.com? This guy has some interesting, some completely lame "articles" on the subject. This one on Reggie McKenzie seems particularly weird, especially since the argument seems to be that in 111 draft picks since 97, the Packers chose five from Tennessee, and since Reggie McKenzie went to Tennessee, this is a conspiracy?

Who is Reggie McKenzie?

Reggie McKenzie oversees Green Bay’s scouting efforts of all professional football leagues, including the NFL, Canadian Football League, and Arena Football League. He also plays an integral role in judging the Packers’ current players as well as providing evaluations of potential free agents. McKenzie also contributes to the scouting of college players in assisting General Manager Ted Thompson prepare for the annual draft.

McKenzie is an example of Ted Thompson’s lack of a creative vision for the team’s future. After spending fourteen years in the Packer front office, Thompson promoted McKenzie from Director of Pro Personnel to Director of Football Operations in May of 2008, even after McKenzie’s abysmal performance’s scouting for Mike Sherman. Instead of hiring within the franchise, Thompson should be looking at viable candidates outside the organization who can bring new leadership to a team that is completely stagnant.

Let’s take a look at the Packers top scout track record since McKenzie took over as Director of Pro Personnel in 1997:
Year Rnd Sel# Player Pos School
1998 3 90 Jonathan Brown DE Tennessee
2000 2 44 Chad Clifton T Tennessee
2001 6 198 David Martin TE Tennessee
2004 7 251 Scott Wells C Tennessee
2007 1 16 Justin Harrell DT Tennessee

Do you see a pattern? Five players selected in nine years from Tennessee. McKenzie doesn’t have the last say in draft selections, that was Wolf’s, Sherman’s, and now Thompson’s job, but he is a key component in evaluating and suggesting which players to draft. Why so many players from Tennessee?

McKenzie was born in Knoxville, Tennessee and graduated from The University of Tennessee, and even briefly coached there in 1993. All Tennessee picks are sure to have gotten much praise and support from hometown Volunteer McKenzie. Jonathan Brown was a complete bust, he lasted only one season, as the Packers second selection in 1998. McKenzie was the catalyst that brought in Justin Harrell. These are Thompson’s comments after the selection of draft bust Harrell:

“He’s a man’s man so to speak. This is a big man, a country kid from a town. We have all our staff, as you guys know, our director of pro personnel Reggie McKenzie is Mr. Tennessee for all of us, he wears that ugly orange all the time. He has tremendous contacts there, he knows all the players there, and that was certainly helpful with that insight.”

It seems McKenzie puts his personal contacts in higher regard than the team. Not only looking out for Tennessee alumni, but also family as McKenzie’s twin brother, right guard Raleigh McKenzie, was also brought in as a free agent for the Packers in 1999 on Reggie’s watch. Raleigh played two sub-par seasons sitting on the Packers bench, by the way, Raleigh McKenzie is a Tennessee alumnus.

Overall, McKenzie’s tenure in Green Bay has been abysmal. McKenzie was part of Mike Sherman’s tragic tenure in Green Bay. Only Aaron Kampman, Nick Barnett, and Scott Wells remain on the team from those four years and drafts. Successful free agents have been few and far between for the Packer’s since the departure of Ron Wolf and the addition of McKenzie. Tom Hutton was signed in 2000 to be the team’s punter, however he quickly lost his job to rookie Josh Bidwell. Tom Hutton punted for the University of Tennessee. McKenzie’s tendency to favor his former program and poor performance at evaluating players has resulted in poor performance on the field. This was all as Director of Pro Personnel, now Thompson has promoted McKenzie as the Director of Football Operations, one position below Thompson’s. McKenzie’s record shows that he is not fit or particularly good at evaluating championship caliber talent. This shows poorly on Thompson’s ability to hire top evaluators for the Packers franchise. Thompson is not only struggling with drafts, free agency, and coaching decisions, but his lack of foresight in his front office positions has the Packer’s reeling. Fire Ted Thompson

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Clifton was terrible.  :dull: Wells stinks. Martin didn't prosper here but is thriving in Miami.  Of course folks will slam anything remotely connected with TT. The hate and venom for this man is amazing. :swear: I don't remember hearing any of this stuff last year. But he committed a mortal sin in the eyes of many fans by trading Favre and I doubt they'll ever forgive him even if we go to the Super Bowl. (Except for Harrell - TT should be roundly criticized for drafting him!) But he isn't the first GM to strike out in the first round and he won't be the last. Everyone's favorite GM Ron Wolf was notoriously lousy at picking inpact players in the first round.

OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pugger said:
Yeah, Clifton was terrible. :dull: Wells stinks. Martin didn't prosper here but is thriving in Miami. Of course folks will slam anything remotely connected with TT. The hate and venom for this man is amazing. :swear: I don't remember hearing any of this stuff last year. But he committed a mortal sin in the eyes of many fans by trading Favre and I doubt they'll ever forgive him even if we go to the Super Bowl. (Except for Harrell - TT should be roundly criticized for drafting him!) But he isn't the first GM to strike out in the first round and he won't be the last. Everyone's favorite GM Ron Wolf was notoriously lousy at picking inpact players in the first round.

Well said! :beer:

marleneb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now the Packers fire all these guys when it should be TT that goes, far far away!

marleneb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You watch, Donald will be the next to go since Ted didn't sign him up. They don't throw to him as much as they used to, TT needs him to become a non-entity. You can't have a winning team with all rookies, you have to have veterans who know how to play!

catchpatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
marleneb said:
You watch, Donald will be the next to go since Ted didn't sign him up. They don't throw to him as much as they used to, TT needs him to become a non-entity. You can't have a winning team with all rookies, you have to have veterans who know how to play!
They don't throw to him as much as they used to? Be honest, what you mean is that he racked up more than 1,000 yards as the number two man behind one of the best wide recievers in the NFL. Donald Driver was clearly not getting shafted this year.

That said, I'll be interested to see what happens. Driver's contract is up, he's starting to show his age, and the Packers have more talent than they know what to do with at wide reciever. I think not keeping him would be a mistake, but who knows with the Sizzler?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I understand Donald's position coach and his OC love him so I seriously doubt DD is going anywhere. Doesn't he have another year on his contract anyway?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts