Riley Cooper

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
We don't need him, but I really like this kid. He's got a Wes Welker feel to me, and not just because he's white. Someone's going to get a really solid receiver in rounds 2 or 3, where he's projected to go.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1KagXIaQxQ]YouTube - (HD) #12 Riley Cooper | College Career Highlights[/ame]

Strengths:
Excellent natural athleticism --- Great height and bulk --- Soft, reliable hands --- Great body control and ball skills --- Good leaper --- Runs hard after the catch --- Physical --- Very tough --- Not afraid to work the middle of the field --- Plays fast and can get vertical --- Above average blocker --- Smart --- Also a fine special teamer --- Still has some upside.

Weaknesses:
Relatively limited experience --- Not a polished route runner --- Average speed --- Isn't overly explosive and lacks a burst --- Doesn't get a lot of separation --- Is not very shifty or elusive --- Needs to hit the weights and get stronger --- Durability concerns --- Committed to the gridiron ?

Notes:
Just a two-year starter for the Gators --- Named 2nd Team All-SEC as a senior --- Selected by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 15th round of the 2006 MLB Draft but opted to play both sports at Florida --- Selected in the 25th round of the 2009 MLB Draft and signed a $250,000 contract with Texas --- Actually played minor league baseball in the Rangers organization during the Summer of 2009, hitting .247 with two home runs, eight RBIs and three stolen bases in 30 games while striking out 41 times in 89 at-bats --- Battled a number of ailments (arm, knee, finger, foot, hip) during his high school and college careers --- Was stuck behind future pros like Andre Caldwell, Dallas Baker, Jemalle Cornelius, Louis Murphy and Percy Harvin early in his career --- Really emerged as a senior, leading the Gators in receiving and giving his NFL Draft stock a huge boost --- Extremely intriguing prospect with a lot of talent who could thrive if he ever devotes his full attention to football.

Riley Cooper | Florida Scouting Report - 2010 NFL Draft Prospect

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I second that. If we weren't completely loaded with Wrs, I'd love this kid. But he's Jordy Nelson #2... Almost exactly the same function/characteristics

Members online