Ricky Williams

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say if the guy's in shape, then bring him in for a visit. Even though our lack of a running game has been more of the O-line's fault then our running backs IMO, when you have an opportunity to upgrade the roster (especially one as close as this one to being a Super Bowl contender in the NFC) you take a chance.

I'm not certain I see the opportunity here to upgrade the roster... He'll play a game and then flit off to some Caribbean or South Pacific Island to find himself (and get suspended again while he's AWOL :roll: ).

I don't see the reward (if there is any truthfully) being worth the effort and risk. :twocents:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A group that led a campaign to legalize marijuana possession in Denver is posting a billboard advertisement encouraging suspended running back Ricky Williams and the Broncos to get together.

Williams applied for NFL reinstatement this week, his agent said. Williams has played in only 12 NFL games since the start of the 2004 season, but rushed for 3,225 yards in 2002-03. His current suspension began in April 2006 after he violated the league's drug policy for the fourth time. He tested positive for marijuana this April, again delaying his return. Williams remains under contract with Miami, where he won the NFL rushing title in 2002. But new coach Cam Cameron has not indicated whether he wants Williams to stay with the Dolphins, who fell to 0-4 Sunday.

The billboard, across the street from Invesco Field, where the Broncos play, will be unveiled Wednesday and will stay up for a month. At a cost of $3,000, it features a player with dreadlocks in a blue and orange jersey and reads, "Ricky, come to Denver... Where the people support your SAFER choice."

Link

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts