Ricky Williams and Randy Moss to GB?

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wondering about your thoughts on the packers pursueing either Randy Moss or Ricky Williams....

I feel Randy would make a tremendous difference in our offensive weapons and be a great #1 or #2 reciever... Can you imagine three wide with Moss, Driver, and Jennings...It would give us the "Javon" threat again...I know Randy's numbers were down, but the raiders are a joke, he couldnt throw it to himself.

As for ricky, I think he still has the skills to be a top tier RB again..Face it before he was suspended people were talkin about him being the leagues leading rusher, and leading the Dolphins to the playoffs, and its not like hes been injured or anything...I love Ahman, hes one of my favs. But I am beggining to see that he is only a shell of what he used to be...He's fast, but slow off the start, its like he has to get going, whereas he used to hit the hole 100MPH. If Robinson can drink, why cant Ricky smoke? LOL

I feel like we could get ricky relatively cheap, thats one upside. As for moss, itd probably take a player along with a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

However we all know TT hates picking up Free Agents, so I doubt we'll sign anyone of relevance.
:feedback:

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Ricky break his arm last season in the CFL? I think he has mentioned that he would rather stay there than come back to the NFL.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being new to the board such a poll of 2 druggies, a bad driver, and the mentally ill Owens is not getting off to a good start.

Nobody wants these guys, so why would you even suggest polluting the Packers with their presence?

Your advocation of drug abuse here is disgusting. There's your feedback.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You forgot one last option: "They all should be in jail"(except Freeman).

I don't want any of the bums.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being new to the board such a poll of 2 druggies, a bad driver, and the mentally ill Owens is not getting off to a good start.

Just cause someone pooped in your cheerios doesn't mean you have to be snarky to the new kid. If you don't like it, ignore it

Nobody wants these guys, so why would you even suggest polluting the Packers with their presence?

Umm, cause it's a discussion forum? And yes, obviously people do want them. Just look at the poll results.

But on topic, I'd say no to Ricky, yes to Moss, Hayell no to Owens.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Just cause someone pooped in your cheerios doesn't mean you have to be snarky to the new kid. If you don't like it, ignore it

Umm, cause it's a discussion forum?

Can't take your own advice? If you don't like it ignore it... well your hypocrisy is permitted.

How many catches have you ever seen Moss make between the numbers on the field? He is a short arm wimp who only catches jump balls on the sidelines. He is much slower now. He was caught with marijuana when he was arrested and publicly admits to ingesting it.

Ricky Williams is no longer eligible for the NFL due to being a druggie. Classic moot point.

Druggies ruin themselves and their community. Immoral characters with their corrupting influence being added to the Packers is disgusting!!

Just say no to drugs!!

No !!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

Can't take your own advice? If you don't like it ignore it... well your hypocrisy is permitted.

How many catches have you ever seen Moss make between the numbers on the field? He is a short arm wimp who only catches jump balls on the sidelines. He is much slower now. He was caught with marijuana when he was arrested and publicly admits to ingesting it.

Ricky Williams is no longer eligible for the NFL due to being a druggie. Classic moot point.

Druggies ruin themselves and their community. Immoral characters with their corrupting influence being added to the Packers is disgusting!!

Just say no to drugs!!

No !!

Only reason I didn't ignore your post is that I thought it was just downright unkind. A new member came in to try to contribute, and they were met with a lecture. I just thought it was a little mean-spirited, and thought someone should stick up for the new guy, that's all.

And actually, more on your "moot point"- Ricky is eligible for the NFL. He was suspended for a year, and is still under contract with the Miami Dolphins. It's been said he wants to stay in the CFL, but he is elgible for the NFL. .....your lack of knowledge is permitted. :whippin:

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put me in the none of the above category!

We've got a good team that came together at the end of the season. Both Holliday and Martin played a lot better down the stretch, showing that they can contribute. With DD, Jennings and KRob, that gives us 5 good WRs. Why would we need to mess that group up with Moss?

As for Williiams, he's obviously someone you cannot count on. Denver has showed that you don't need the best RBs to produce with zone blocking, so getting a solid draft pick a shot to make the team with Green, Morency and Herron should be just fine.

If you want to make the offense great, then teach our TEs how to catch! That was the main component missing from the offense this season, which crippled us in the red zone.

GO PACK GO!!!

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ricky Williams has no heart. You need a love of the game to be good - and he lacks that. Randy is a quitter. Who wants a guy who takes plays off and leaves before the clock hits zero? I know I don't.

TO, despite his mental problems, loves the game and gives it his all every time. He hates losing and is nasty on the field. As far as his ability, he has a tendency to drop passes every now and again. He's selfish, but that again is rooted in his desire to win. He feels that by putting the ball in his hands, he gives the team the best chance to win. That attitude is necessary for a dominant receiver. There's no arguing the fact that he's a divisive character, and, if kept around too long, can destroy a locker room. But there's no disputing his ability. I'd happily sign him for a 1 year contract and give Brett some options next year. Driver, Owens, Robinson, Jennings (and Ruvell) - that's a solid receiving corps right there. Only thing left to complete the puzzle is a tight end who can hang onto the ball.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bt_impaler said:
Ricky Williams has no heart. You need a love of the game to be good - and he lacks that. Randy is a quitter. Who wants a guy who takes plays off and leaves before the clock hits zero? I know I don't.

TO, despite his mental problems, loves the game and gives it his all every time. He hates losing and is nasty on the field. As far as his ability, he has a tendency to drop passes every now and again. He's selfish, but that again is rooted in his desire to win. He feels that by putting the ball in his hands, he gives the team the best chance to win. That attitude is necessary for a dominant receiver. There's no arguing the fact that he's a divisive character, and, if kept around too long, can destroy a locker room. But there's no disputing his ability. I'd happily sign him for a 1 year contract and give Brett some options next year. Driver, Owens, Robinson, Jennings (and Ruvell) - that's a solid receiving corps right there. Only thing left to complete the puzzle is a tight end who can hang onto the ball.

Really? You think TO would work with the Pack? You sure are an optimist.

Why would anyone want TO to play on their team? He moves around more than U-Haul recently and tends to cause a black hole of media presence (bad media presence) wherever he goes. If I am going to sign a receiver, I would want it more than a season. We aren't exactly at that Super Bowl cusp yet. This guy is no Reggie White and wont make our team 1996 again.

That being said I'd like to sign Moss. Feel free to call me a hypocrite. :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it was a "choice', the only one i would try for is Moss. TO has been on 3 teams, and has proven to be a "me first" loser. Talented? Yes. ?Mega jerk? Also yes.
Williams would only be playing so he can afford to buy more drugs. I would NOT trust his judgement.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F**k TO he is a piece of trash and destroys every team he has been on. No one is going to change him, and he had the most drops in the NFL. I dont ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever want to see TO in the green and gold even if we get him for dirt cheap I dont want him he is the biggest cancer you can find ever. NO TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice non sensical poll to get a response on two players
that would never fit w/the packers. Good idea!

Williams = Pothead..not going to come to Green Bay (not by choice)
Moss = KingPothead..not going to come to Green Bay (not by choice)
Charles Rogers = Wannbe Moss Pot head. not coming to GB (not by choice)
Koren Robinson = Recovering/Reoccuring Pot Head...days in GB are numbered.

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

Just say no to drugs!!

No !!

Dude GB already signed A drunk it doesnt matter....And if u think mary J isnt already being smoked by some of the players u are totally insane!!!! Its like steroids in baseball u dont see it, but its there!

We wont make it to a superbowl before brett retires without another "bigtime" playmaker and everyone on here knows it...Sorry but its a fact....WE could make the playoffs, and shoot, as bad as the NFC has been we might even play in the NFC championship...But we arent goin to the SB without an impact player. I might be new but geez ur imploding from ur own ignorance.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Feel the love, FEEL THE LOVE.

edit, yes you can see the steroids in baseball

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Where is the proof for this 'Mary J' in the NFL specifically the Packers as you insinuated?

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
off the wall question

Robert Brooks?

LOL yeah I miss ol' Rob....More than him though, Id love to have Sterling back.....Dang that neck injury. He is by far the best GB reciever I ever saw play. Antonio is up there, but he was no sterling sharpe..

---We could always go after Jerry Rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Where is the proof for this 'Mary J' in the NFL specifically the Packers as you insinuated?"

LOL as I said u cant see it..Its like the Kansas City Royals they probably wont be accused of juicin....Of course I cant prove it, and hey maybe the packers dont have anyone on their team that smokes weed, but dont think weed isnt all over the NFL cause it is....geez we r in 2007. U can believe players dont I think some do, and more than most people think.

[

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
"Where is the proof for this 'Mary J' in the NFL specifically the Packers as you insinuated?"

LOL as I said u cant see it..Its like the Kansas City Royals they probably wont be accused of juicin....Of course I cant prove it, and hey maybe the packers dont have anyone on their team that smokes weed, but dont think weed isnt all over the NFL cause it is....geez we r in 2007. U can believe players dont I think some do, and more than most people think.

[

If you can't prove such an allegation, don't make it. That's just rude. If there was constant reports an investigations publicly going on with it, fine, but to just say it, thats *** my friend.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we have some good talent in the wide recivers department,but it wouldnt hurt to have a vetran besides driver who has moves koren will be out for 6 games i guess thought just for the season,but if moss is willing to take a small roll why not

Members online

Latest posts