Richard Sherman--a new low in Class

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Good one. The "gracious, soft spoken, jovial" Carroll left USC in a shambles with his violations, and leads a team with 7 drug suspensions in the last couple seasons--not including Sherman's positive drug test that was thrown out (we all know how much Braun's appeal meant). To him, his players can do no wrong, which means that the rule of law means nothing to him; and his players have adopted the no-rules attitude. He's the archetypical charlatan. But he certainly is glib and engaging, as are most successful phonies.

Not a big fan then ??

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good one. The "gracious, soft spoken, jovial" Carroll left USC in a shambles with his violations, and leads a team with 7 drug suspensions in the last couple seasons--not including Sherman's positive drug test that was thrown out (we all know how much Braun's appeal meant). To him, his players can do no wrong, which means that the rule of law means nothing to him; and his players have adopted the no-rules attitude. He's the archetypical charlatan. But he certainly is glib and engaging, as are most successful phonies.
Same coach who was running all over the field after being handed a win by the fake referees against the Packers. No class whatsoever.

You brought up a good point about Sherman. He likely should not even be playing right now due to his use of drugs.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the fact that I care very little for College Sports in general allows me to overlook that stuff. Likewise I'm not a baseball fan so the Braun comment means equally as little. Really I don't care, people make mistakes and they are more than welcome to pick themselves up and continue trying to be great. Pretty sure a lot of the things that Carroll was doing at USC the majority of schools in that conference were also employing similar tactics; USC just happened to get caught. I think it is rather silly to admonish one coach because of impropriety being exposed and assume that everyone else coaching schools around him isn't doing the same thing. Just because the media hasn't told you it is happening doesn't mean it isn't. Stop kidding yourself.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same coach who was running all over the field after being handed a win by the fake referees against the Packers. No class whatsoever.

You brought up a good point about Sherman. He likely should not even be playing right now due to his use of drugs.
I do recall the evidence being thrown out and him sense not having a repeat offence. If you're going to crucify someone over misdeeds credit should also be given for not repeating those mistakes.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing new judging from this clip.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Yup, another game where Sherman was being gracious and a good sport to the opposing team post game and an opposing player physically assaulting Sherman. In that instance too many people had negative things to say about Sherman over the incident.

Last edited:

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now if you'd like to add some context and make a point instead of just posting eleven words you're welcome to it.

Also look up what "prove" means. The quote supported your POV, but it didn't "prove" it.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you can't see how the quote is relevant, then I think you understanding anything is fairly hopeless. I'll pass.
Now if you'd like to add some context and make a point instead of just posting eleven words you're welcome to it.

Also look up what "prove" means. The quote supported your POV, but it didn't "prove" it.
I may have edited that post after you grabbed at it for the quote. In my edit I do admit that the quote supports your POV. Though I maintain that it by itself proves nothing.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the fact that I care very little for College Sports in general allows me to overlook that stuff. Likewise I'm not a baseball fan so the Braun comment means equally as little. Really I don't care, people make mistakes and they are more than welcome to pick themselves up and continue trying to be great. Pretty sure a lot of the things that Carroll was doing at USC the majority of schools in that conference were also employing similar tactics; USC just happened to get caught. I think it is rather silly to admonish one coach because of impropriety being exposed and assume that everyone else coaching schools around him isn't doing the same thing. Just because the media hasn't told you it is happening doesn't mean it isn't. Stop kidding yourself.
Where do you get the idea I'm kidding myself? Your parents probably told you that it's unacceptable to defend bad behavior because of someone else doing the same thing; or because of your own disinterest. It's still true today. Unfortunately, there's many more people today with your line of reasoning--I'll give you that.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where do you get the idea I'm kidding myself? Your parents probably told you that it's unacceptable to defend bad behavior because of someone else doing the same thing; or because of your own disinterest. It's still true today. Unfortunately, there's many more people today with your line of reasoning--I'll give you that.
I'm not endorsing what Carroll did at USC just saying that I see little reason to continuously hold it against him. Also the rules of the NCAA are silly regarding players being compensated for their play while the schools and NCAA make millions off them, but those are the rules until they are changed.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can assume outside of the PNW a lot have suddenly appeared. Though up here, Seattle is a sports town and these guys are very passionate about their teams. At least from what I've seen since moving here in '09. Have yet to meet anyone that wasn't a fan already prior to my moving up here other than one of my friend's girlfriend and she didn't watch football at all until this year when my buddy started actively trying to get her into it.

I live in Seattle, and we have veeeeeery different social circles... hahah There are people that barely rooted for the hawks 3 years ago--now they are die hards.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He better be careful about his mouth writing a check for him that he can't cash. Peyton certainly has the weapons to make him eat his words.

I'd still certainly love to have him over House, but I don't think his antics would fly under McCarthy.
If he was a Packer I'd ***** slap him for defacing the Packers brand like that. And trust me, I'm big enough to do it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's clear you are biased in favor of the Seahawks for some reason.
I know that was directed at someone else but right now I am biased in favor of the Seahawks because they got revenge for us by beating the overrated 40Whiners.
So I see the Seahawks as being the lesser of two evils.
Krapperknickers did this low class thing the week before.
But because they are the 40Whiners and after giving it some thought, I'm perfectly fine with what Sherman did.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think that Sherman is low class, take a look at this guy:

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/K...the-Loss/916dce7e-3518-4a87-bd2d-9e8772881dce

Showing up to the post game press conference wearing that, a backwards hat and his headphones?
C'mon man.
You're getting paid millions.
The very least you can do is dress the part.
And I just love it how he looks like a guilty dog.
Especially after he thought and acted like he was the best to ever play the game!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think that Sherman is low class, take a look at this guy:

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/K...the-Loss/916dce7e-3518-4a87-bd2d-9e8772881dce

Showing up to the post game press conference wearing that, a backwards hat and his headphones?
C'mon man.
You're getting paid millions.
The very least you can do is dress the part.
And I just love it how he looks like a guilty dog.
Especially after he thought and acted like he was the best to ever play the game!
I agree.... he (Kaepernick) dresses like a punk, talks and acts like a punk. He's a punk.

Sherman is a total *******.
An arrogant, cocky, showboater who gets away with tons of holds and grabs.

But I'd much rather have him with our pick of Davon House in that 2011 Draft.
All our guys have dreadlocks anyway.

Members online

Latest posts