Richard Marshall

zimbabwe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay this guy doesnt get alot of talk around the league because hes not a trouble maker of any sort. But what do you guys think about richard marshall?
I think he is an excellent corner and with the right coaching can become a shutdown corner. He is a good tackler and loves to play run support. I would love to see TT show the money to this kid... Hes a good sport and "plans" to sign tender but if a better offer comes knocking i dont think he would refuse...

Anyone here like to see Richard Marshall in GB?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a FA, or is still tendered?

If he's a FA, absolutely.

But I think the Packers are pretty high on both Lee and Underwood. Them, together with Woodson, Harris and Williams, makes for a pretty crowded secondary...

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
if he is a FA, i would throw good #2 cb money at him, we could really use this guy, solid coverage, and range.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe he's tendered but just hasn't signed it. Eventually he will so the only way to acquire him would be a trade. I'd wait to see how things shape up in the preseason before making this move. I understand we're desperate for a corner but just by bringing them in won't make us automatically better. Remember whoever we bring in is going to need time to absorb the playbook and learn to execute it. That's why it's smarter to test out players in the 2nd year of the D like Underwood, Lee, Bell, etc. EXCEPT Bush before we squeeze a FA there.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm always for bringing in proven talent via free agency, or good deals a la Ryan Grant.
People seem to be high on Underwood. Who knows for real though.
Underwood for Marshall? Who'd do that?

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I would definatley not get rid of lee or underwood yet, that would be bad business. They both look much better this year, but both of them are on a tight rope too. I'm a firm believer that you need 3 cb's not just 2.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like both Lee and Underwood, but Marshall has experience as both a starting corner and starting nickel corner. I think he would easily push both Lee and Underwood down the list of candidates, however this new challenge may push them to excel their play.

I have been a huge proponent for Marshall or a while now, however I do believe he did eventually sign his tender, but still isn't reporting to camp (if that's possible, I thought I read that). But we would have to give up something for him.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
i'd give the panthers, colledge, bush, chillar, and poppinga along with a 7th rounder for marshall, hows that? :preach:

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats an awful lot for one guy. I'm all for GB going for him if its a possibility, but wow 4 players and a pick. I dunno if I would give all that.

Latest posts