Richard Marshall, CB/Panthers still available?

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last I heard he is skipping off-season workouts because of his contract dispute and has yet to sign his contract tender. Honestly I have seen this guy play a few times and he isn't going to be the next Al Harris/Charles Woodson, however he does have talent, and is a willing tackler. I feel with the guidance of our DB coaches and veterans he could become a very serviceable player.

And here is the thing, the tender was originally for a 2nd round pick, however there is no way they can think they will get that type of value for him after all the off-season trades that occurred before and during the draft. I would think he could be had for a 5th round pick. I think this would be a great move. Any thoughts?

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a 5th round pick, that would be a great move. I'm just not sure if the Panthers would be willing to trade him for a 5th round pick, but maybe. Besides, if anyone is going to trade for Marshall it's going to be the Jets. You know, they still don't have enough Cornerbacks. lol.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last I heard the Bengals were really interested in him but since they just signed Pacman I don't think it's happening anymore. Still he would be a nice pickup for the Packers.

y5nthon5a1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our CBs, if they can stay healthy, are already a good group of players. But hey, ANYTHING to get Bush out the door!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all for bringing any proven decent-or-better cornerbacks to this team.
What happened in Minnesota, Pittsburgh, and Arizona could easily happen again.
Remember, that schit wasn't just a flukey thing.
Remember the year before in New Orleans on Monday Night?
Brees had about a 155 passer rating against us. This just in: OUR CORNERBACKS are very overrated aside from Woodson.

In today's spread-passing offense, you often need 4 cover corners out there. We have 1 1/2 (with Harris knee).

Members online

Latest posts