Retiring #4 Jersey

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously...

I have READ every post in this entire thread...reading EVERYONE's opinion...and I think it has been very distasteful for me.

I think they SHOULD retire Brett Favre's number. I am not covering up his mistakes, but come on people, we ALL make mistakes, big or small. He had a great career with the GB Packers, 3 MVP's, 1 SB win, and 2 NFCCG wins.

I remember someone mentioning in this forum that it was "pathetic" that he only won 1 SB in his 20 seasons. It is actually not pathetic, but pretty good. Some great/average/bad players in their entire career never make it to the Super Bowl, or even win a playoff game (i.e. Tony Gonzalez).

I'm not sure why everyone is so bitter about this. I'm actually happy because he helped the GB Packers win so much in the past. Sure, he had a lot of bad games, but he also had a lot of GREAT games.

Nobody's perfect, and I think we need to acknowledge the fact it is what it is. There is no need for more grudges and bitterness. It is absolutely nonsense and childish. Come on, Aaron Rodgers was never phased by this, and he didn't say a single word during the Favre debacle. He just the let situation play itself out.

I wish more Packer fans can just let the man be. Let the situation play it out. We all KNOW it is inevitable that Brett Favre WILL retire as a HOF and GB HOF. I'm not sure if I would want to be part of organization that wouldn't retire #4 for Brett Favre...just because it is an eye for an eye.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi

I'm letting the situation play out, and I'm enjoying the 2010 season. Time will heal these wounds...

I agree that he will be in the HOF at some point.

For me he is the greatest Packer q/b to play...

I spent lot of time researching things that were said by him, and the Packers..Not just hear-say but actual quotes and interviews...

And I came away that he is a liar for what he did and how he did it..

Before you ask, the Pack did things that should have been done differently...

I am okay with him being in the Packer HOF.....The reasons I think he is a liar other fans will never forgive him

Its a personal choice if you ask me

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#4 should be given to Darren Colledge.

Put The Traitor/Pervert in your rear view mirror and enjoy these Packers!

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol... What a load of crock this is.

The Packers retire the numbers of the teams all time greats. Brett Favre is not only one of the best Packers, but one of the best players the league has ever seen.

Of course his number should, and will be retired.

My guess is that when he enters the HoF, all these Packer fans with sandy vaginal cavities will all of a sudden feel better.

Time heals all wounds.

Maybe then when you reach the Age of Reason time will heal that Grand Canyon of a hole in your head.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Favreites will only be happy if the league retires no. 4 for everybody.

Me, I think they've retired enough numbers from an era that produced one Championship. Only Starr and Nitschke have retired numbers from a truly great era that produced 5.

4 should be given to somebody next year--kicker, QB, punter--who cares. Only no. 5 should never again be on a Packer uniform.

Absolutely JB!

And, The Traitor should be banned from the Holy State of Wisconsin.

If his Kick-Me sweethearts want to memorialize football treason and the most selfish player in Packer history, let them ***** a banana staute in Minneapolis commemorating his pick record and private locker room.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sir, you needed no defense. I was laughing because of the generation gap. I mentioned my own sons (who are huge packer fans) in my reply to you. Do you think I would mock my sons? I was chuckling about the situation because I knew were you were coming from, not mocking you. As to ivo610 chastising me for giving you a history lesson, let me quote you: "In need of a Packer History lesson, and forgive me for asking, who wore #5?"
I replied in a nice way, shared the lack of knowledge of packer history about my own sons, and for trying to be a friend I get called an "A hole" and a "jerk". I am on your side, just like I am on my sons side.
I'm cool with that. (Everything but the name calling that went your way.)

And I appreciated the link to Paul.

*Handshake* :eek:k:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely JB!

And, The Traitor should be banned from the Holy State of Wisconsin.

If his Kick-Me sweethearts want to memorialize football treason and the most selfish player in Packer history, let them ***** a banana staute in Minneapolis commemorating his pick record and private locker room.
They can have this one...
Some Residents Want Public Art Sculpture Moved - Madison News Story - WISC Madison
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKvrFv8wTYjbaH_7bl8FGTC4-Z-7sKzb0ZdW-rq2rE1BDDSwNZ

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wining is not the only thing, character should count for something. I'll leave it up to the Packer HOF selection committee.

dantastic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more worried about the Packers retiring his number, putting him in the Packers HOF,
and then he goes into the NFL HOF as a Viking.

I could still see him doing that to "Stick it to Ted"

I say they wait a few years until he goes into the NFL HOF and see what he retires as.
Just my .02

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Quote: "For me he is the greatest QB to play"
Starr- winning % 62.2 (adjust for pre Lombardi years...67.6%)
Starr- winning playoff games 90%
Favre-winning % 63.2
Favre-winning playoff games 54.1%

Character-Starr 100%...Favre 0%

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre kinda started the healing process in the last presser he gave. He was pushed out by TT for good reason(A-Rod is the man) but playing for the vikings will be a smudge on his entire career.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm more worried about the Packers retiring his number, putting him in the Packers HOF,
and then he goes into the NFL HOF as a Viking.

I could still see him doing that to "Stick it to Ted"

I say they wait a few years until he goes into the NFL HOF and see what he retires as.
Just my .02

Wont go in as a Viking, Packer or JET....Players dont go into the HOF like that...They go in as a NFL player

Its not like MLB or other sports..

dantastic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotcha LTF, thanks for the knowledge. :thumbup:

I knew that players signed one day contracts to retire with a particular team.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there is a public jersey retirement ceremony in front of fans, I will have absolutely no problem if the majority leave, turn their backs on Brent or if the boos out do any cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts