reporters

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you think after pointing out every thing that was wrong with the Packers during the off-season, that the area's newspaper sports reporters look at themselves now and say we don't know a thing do we?

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope they just hide in a corner, hoping nobody will remember and then wait for the Packers to lose a game and then they say i told you so. Otherwise, if the packers dont go on a losing run, they make a new story calling the Packers a Cinderella story. Journalists are awesome

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am close friends with a guy who was a reporter for the milwaukee newspaper (The Milwaukee Sentinel?), and he says that as far as sports reporting is concerned, a reporter who makes no waves is useless. You have to make huge predictions. When you're wrong 90% of the time, it's forgivable as long as you hit on that other 10%. it's sick

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Nope they just hide in a corner, hoping nobody will remember and then wait for the Packers to lose a game and then they say i told you so. Otherwise, they make a new story calling the Packers a Cinderella story. Journalists are awesome

We are definitely going to take a beating in the press after our first loss. I don't think we'll have full respect unless we go undefeated, and that's not going to happen. People will start jumping off the band wagon after the first loss, and say, as you said, "I told you so". Same thing after the second loss. And most of the reporters will blame the running game as though it's an original concept.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
When you're wrong 90% of the time, it's forgivable as long as you hit on that other 10%. it's sick

Dang... I wish I could write a lick... what a job, bat a .100 and that would be considered a good job.. and I choose computers and IT.. :WTF:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
When you're wrong 90% of the time, it's forgivable as long as you hit on that other 10%. it's sick

Dang... I wish I could write a lick... what a job, bat a .100 and that would be considered a good job.. and I choose computers and IT.. :WTF:

Right! It's not IF your computer fails, it's WHEN your computer fails. and you're supposed to keep them running strong forever.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Nope they just hide in a corner, hoping nobody will remember and then wait for the Packers to lose a game and then they say i told you so. Otherwise, they make a new story calling the Packers a Cinderella story. Journalists are awesome

We are definitely going to take a beating in the press after our first loss. I don't think we'll have full respect unless we go undefeated, and that's not going to happen. People will start jumping off the band wagon after the first loss, and say, as you said, "I told you so". Same thing after the second loss. And most of the reporters will blame the running game as though it's an original concept.

And that's all part of reporting. It goes back to what i was saying in my thread about our opponent's winning %. The reporters are already looking for a reason to say the Packers suck even though they're undefeated.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you think after pointing out every thing that was wrong with the Packers during the off-season, that the area's newspaper sports reporters look at themselves now and say we don't know a thing do we?

I've already heard several sportswriters admit that they are surprised by how well the Packers are doing because they were expecting this team to be 8-8 or worse.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
de_real_deal said:

And that's all part of reporting. It goes back to what i was saying in my thread about our opponent's winning %. The reporters are already looking for a reason to say the Packers suck even though they're undefeated.

just b/c someone points out a weakness on a team doesn't mean that the reporter thinks the team sucks, they are just writting what they feel.
big deal!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
nathaniel said:
de_real_deal said:

just b/c someone points out a weakness on a team doesn't mean that the reporter thinks the team sucks, they are just writting what they feel.
big deal!

True enough. buy you have to admit that each writer has "their teams" picked out before the season even started. For example, the Bears, Saints, and Chargers. They were generally accepted as being really good before the season even started. now it is becoming clear that they aren't the same team as they were last year, and the writers are scrambling to make excuses for them.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
bozz_2006 said:
nathaniel said:
de_real_deal said:

big deal!

True enough. buy you have to admit that each writer has "their teams" picked out before the season even started. For example, the Bears, Saints, and Chargers. They were generally accepted as being really good before the season even started. now it is becoming clear that they aren't the same team as they were last year, and the writers are scrambling to make excuses for them.

unless you listen to chicago radio where they yell, scream, curse, cry and demand people are cut or fired!!!

OP
OP
B

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Pack writers are so afraid to be termed as a "homer," that they bend over backward to cut down the team.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one, including sports writers, are smart enough to always pick the winners. Hell, with all the money spent by Steinbrenner, no one can guarantee the Yanks will win the WS in any year you name. The NFL is even harder because of the cap and parity. I admit my hopes were much higher than my confidence in the Pack this year. I still wonder how far we can go, even in our own conference. I've worried before every game this year and will continue to do so. As bad as dabears look so far, I still worry. It's part of being a fan and caring.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts