Repairs begin on Metrodome roof

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Better late than never (though the Vikings may prefer never than late), repairs to the Metrodome roof finally have begun, more than three months after it collapsed like a spinach souffle under the weight of a snowstorm. The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that a New York contractor will be paid $18 million for “substantially completing” the…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've actually read the comments on the page and some idiots are actually suggesting removing the roof to make it an open stadium. How the hell does that work. If you rip the roof off, you basically get an ugly-*** gigantic bowl with no heating grid in a cold climate. Not only do you have to rip the roof off, you have to install extra wiring to support the heating grid to keep it reasonably warm, and remodel the entire stadium to support the outside climate. Do you have any idea how much that'll cost? It'd actually cost less to build an outdoor stadium!

As a Packer Fan, I can say this: Thank God for Lambeau Field.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
The Hubert H. Humphrey collapsadome was a disaster in the making from its initial design. I wonder if they should have Johnson & Johnson just make a huge Band-Aid for the dome.
Also, instead of spending all of that time and money fixing the stadium they should try to fix the team that plays in the stadium.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Hubert H. Humphrey collapsadome was a disaster in the making from its initial design. I wonder if they should have Johnson & Johnson just make a huge Band-Aid for the dome.
Also, instead of spending all of that time and money fixing the stadium they should try to fix the team that plays in the stadium.
They've been doing that.

First they got our sloppy seconds who proved once again that he is an over rated loser.
Then they fired their coach.

Burnt Fart stabbed us in the back with the knife the Vikings gave him.
And they got their revenge the first year he was on the team.
Based on that, why be concerned about the Vikings fixing their team?
I wanna see them continue to fail.

:viksux:

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Based on that, why be concerned about the Vikings fixing their team?
I wanna see them continue to fail.:viksux:

The point of the post is how stupid they are and they just continue to prove it by where and how they choose to spend their money, but since you asked: I would rather beat them when they're good than beat them when they are a perennial loser. Sorry, I just don't see the fun in beating them when it is just plain easy. Besides, I don't want the NFC North to become a laughing stock apart from the Pack.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought they were building them a new stadium? I understand it probably won't be ready by next season but why the hell invest in repairing the dome too? Take a wrecking ball to the bloody thing!

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you wanted to sit in a giant toilet bowl, you could just go to Soldier Field. Duh!

I've heard somebody called Soldier Field "Folgers Field" because the grass at that place is so bad that it feels like playing on a field made out of used coffee grounds. As for the stadium looking like a giant toilet, I don't think it looks like one, I think--

...Wow, it does look like a giant toilet. Well, that explains the grass.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anyone else kinda sorta bummed that it didn't collapse DURING a game?
It would answer my morbid curiosity if anyone would have been hurt when that snow came down.
And it just would have been so cool to watch the Vikings fail again, during the game from that act of god or nature or whoever.
It would have been so neat to have had the game interrupted, while it was going on.
I dunno. Maybe it's just me.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with you, especially if they were playing the Bears. LOL
Yeah, I'm still sorta surprised that they didn't say how much fell down.
I mean, with every little NFL detail thing being either analyzed or stats to death, I'm surprised they didn't have a few eggheads and nerds on some show somewhere telling us how much snow fell and all the possible scenarios.
"Now suppose Brett had gone back to pass. Right at the moment the show hits him he would have thrown an INT..." etc...

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm still sorta surprised that they didn't say how much fell down.
I mean, with every little NFL detail thing being either analyzed or stats to death, I'm surprised they didn't have a few eggheads and nerds on some show somewhere telling us how much snow fell and all the possible scenarios.
"Now suppose Brett had gone back to pass. Right at the moment the show hits him he would have thrown an INT..." etc...

What do you mean??? He was able to throw lots of pics in Green Bay WITHOUT a dome falling on him. One against the Giants in NFC Championship game comes to mind. :Arrgghh:

(btw...there's sarcasm attached to that comment, in case you couldn't tell)

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Maybe they should build a dome over the dome. Maybe if they could figure out what makes the dome keep collapsing they could figure out what makes the Vikings keep collapsing.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe they should build a dome over the dome. Maybe if they could figure out what makes the dome keep collapsing they could figure out what makes the Vikings keep collapsing.

Maybe they can build a dome inside of a dome? Or, maybe a dome in a dome in a dome? They can call it the Metrodome³. That's hip and cool with the kids, right? Or, maybe they can build an infinite amount of domes inside of domes, sort of like dome recursion.

The hilarious thing is, I can actually see this sort of thing happen in Minnesota, to make them seem more "sophisticated".

Members online

Latest posts