1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Remembering Samkon Gado...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Shawnsta3, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +326 / 41 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Hadn't thought of him in years until I came across this link on an ESPN board. (Yeah, I was that bored) http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...ut-sweet/b132e6fc-3bb0-49f5-8356-9dfe5752c810
    And i read the story and it brought back so many good memories of a very sad season. So i thought I'd share it with all of you. To think how this guy ran for 171 yards in a game... is mindblowing. Considering his journey. 2 quotes pop out for me from Samkon- 1.
    To this day, I still consider myself a Packer.” 2.
    . I think my favorite part was just getting to know the city and experience the excitement. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.”
    Why can't every NFL player be like this after they retire? What a likeable guy and feel-good story that actually ends good :)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,028 / 55 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    The fact that he sat in his room trying to make sense of his unexpected success, that he wasn't bitter towards TT when he got traded, the dude IS packer people. Wish the guy all the best fulfilling his dreams, may the road be as clear as the holes he ran through on that first TD run
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 24 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    He was a great character guy. He thanked each offensive lineman individually after he scored his first TD.
    • Like Like x 1