Remember last time we played the Steelers???

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Our offense was on fire but our defense was very inconsistent (like the bears offense ZING!)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9raGfG6JOj0]YouTube - Packers Vs Steelers Week 15[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S0vHa0lfK8]YouTube - NFL Week 15 2009 - Packers VS Steelers Highlights[/ame]

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh i remember, that was one of the hardest losses to watch last season second only to the Cardinals Wildcard game...they escaped with that one

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
bell gave up that last pass. but honestly that pass was so well placed and the catch was perfect that i dont think anyone could of stopped it

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I remember it, and the argument was our D wasn't able to compete against a quality QB. I think we can take on any offense with our Defense and win. Would like similar offense play on the Packers and a turn around on Defense.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We take this game..

I wasnt sure about the Bears game even said to coworker I think Bears will win

Steelers nope, I feel we have this game

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I can't say we're going to win with any kind of certainty. I have no idea how our nerves will be early and if that'll cause some weird mistakes.

Pittsburgh's been there before. They won't have those nerves.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I remember Steelers had a guy named Gay in their secondary last year and he sucked. Rodgers was burning him all night. Just like our Bush was getting burned all night by Rothlisberger.

Just checked, he still is on the Steelers roster! Sweet!!!

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can i forget, but you see who they were picking on the game jared bush and joshua bell both good ST guys. That game hurt me so bad cause my friend a big time steeler fan was just laughing right in my face. but he still owed me 100 bucks cause our record was better then there at the end of the season.

Reaction score
They only have Hines Ward and rookie receivers. Their defense is no where near ours. We have the turf. We have the secondary and a great pass defense. We will make them one dimensional if they can even run on us and we take it by 10. Don't forget that Rodgers can wear his comfortable shoes.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They only have Hines Ward and rookie receivers. Their defense is no where near ours. We have the turf. We have the secondary and a great pass defense. We will make them one dimensional if they can even run on us and we take it by 10. Don't forget that Rodgers can wear his comfortable shoes.

The guy that caught the game winning catch last year?

Still there, so how is that a rookie?

Pittsburgh Steelers | Depth Chart

Lot more vets than rookies..

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

their defense is ranked 1st in the league in almost every category. don't see how that is "nowhere near ours"

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
yeah but the steelers are all older meaning they should get worn down quicker hence why the jets made that second half comeback after a first half smashing

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't Polamalu out the last time we played the Steelers? I'm pretty sure he was. That will change things a bit, the Steelers are much better defensively when he is in. I don't have the stats on me but it's really quite astonishing how much better the Steelers are with him. Much like Bob Sanders with the Colts.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Polamalu was out I think your right. Crud. Yeah, that makes their Defense much better. He can play the run, blitz, cover well, and lay big hits.

43Hitman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at their roster over half are near or over 30 while the Packers roster average age is around 25

Hey guys, yeah we have an older roster, but we've played one less playoff game and have 25 guys on our team that have played in the Super Bowl, 17 of which have played in 2. I see this matchup being pretty even.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone loves to make posts! Anyway this is a new game for many different reasons.
Yup.
Last year was last year.
And don't forget that the Bears beat us at home and so did the Falcons.
So anything can happen and the past is past.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember Steelers had a guy named Gay in their secondary last year and he sucked. Rodgers was burning him all night. Just like our Bush was getting burned all night by Rothlisberger.

Just checked, he still is on the Steelers roster! Sweet!!!
And I'll just leave it at that.

SteelcityLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year we had Tyrone "little arms" Carter in place of Troy... And you guys destroyed our secondary.. Actually everyone destroyed our secondary without #43

I expect this game to be the real defensive slugfest, and either Ben or Rodgers makes the game winning drive.

Members online

Latest posts