Relax! Pack is better than Dallas.

staticx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas, in my view, is a LITTLE better. We hung with them, with some of our main guys out. They were at 100%.

Wait you think the Cowboys were at 100%?

The Cowboys 2nd great WR Terry Glenn out, using #3 WR Crayton and he was just coming off an sprained ankle injury himself
Terrance Newman still not playing 100% but getting there-Hes the boys best CB
CB Anthony Henry playing with a sprained ankle, barely plays so both the staring CB's playing with some sort of injury
Jason Ferguson-The best NT the Cowboys have out all year and it shows when a running back can run right up the middle with ease

So the Cowboys didn't play at 100% either. Great teams can find a way to win without the best players all on the field at the same time

staticx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
castlebravo said:
bozz_2006 said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:
Why is it so hard for you guys to accept that the Cowboys proved they are a superior team?

they kicked the **** out of us, no doubt. but they brought their A game, we did NOT. it goes beyond our injuries. We just played awful. not saying we would've beaten them had we brought our A game, but I do not feel that the Cowboys are a superior team.

Cowboys brought their B game, not their A game. The Owens give-away to Harris in the end zone, the call on 4th and 2 to give the ball to Jones (who falls down when a stiff breeze blows by) was idiotic, and the softening of the defense and abandoning the blitz once A-Rod came in. Also, there was some poor tackling and pursuit angles on the Grant touchdown, and on several receptions by Green Bay receivers.

Both of these teams have lots of things to work on for their rematch. It certainly wasn't a case of the Cowboys playing perfect and Green Bay almost winning.

No, but what your trying to point out is what Dallas didn't do perfectly and then say they should have been better. TO misses balls. It's well documented so you can't say that or that their D is nuts out and usually never misses tackles because the Dallas D has been MARGINAL all year.

Dallas played about as well as I have seen them play and certainly so on defense so to say they're normally much better is rediculous. Could they have played PERFECT and never missed a play or a tackle? Well, I guess so but don't hold your breath on that. They ain't THAT good.

Dallas has been MARGINAL all year like being 7th in the league on defense MARGINAL?? I think this goes to the believing all the media hype about a bad Dallas defense

castlebravo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, but what your trying to point out is what Dallas didn't do perfectly and then say they should have been better. TO misses balls. It's well documented so you can't say that or that their D is nuts out and usually never misses tackles because the Dallas D has been MARGINAL all year.

With the exception of the first NYG game, and the Patriots game, I'd hardly call the Cowboys defense marginal. They haven't given up a 100 yard rusher all year. They do give up passing yards in garbage time, but their pass defense and their pass rush is better than most people credit. As you guys found out last night.

I'm not saying the Cowboys SHOULD'VE played a perfect game, only that there are lots of execution things the Cowboys can take away from this game and improve on, same as the Packers.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are not better until we line up with whoever is playing and beat them on the field. Period.

We have a world of tape to watch on them against us... if MM is the coach and student of the game I believe he is.. his coaching staff will have some wrinkles built in to help in pass protection, coverage and other areas of play.

We at this point are the 2nd best team in the conference... point blank.
Thank you and I agree. Nothing ****** me of more than when we beat a team, and they say, "the better team didn't win", so when we lose, we can't have it both ways. They beat us, which means, they are better than us. Its really simple.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As has been pointed out by cowboy fans, they had their fair share of bad breaks too.

but if you really want to get into some conditional post game analysis, quantifying injuries, miscues by your own team, shotty calls by the refs as some conversion factor for a formula for an outcome of a game, then WOOHOO, the Pack might have won....but too bad the pack would still be 10-2 after "calculated losses" to the Eagles and Redskins.

The cowboys were the better team last night.

itutor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Packers fan, but clearly the Cowboys have an advantage over the Packers. The Cowboys O Line and D Line are both above average, where the Packers have a great D Line but sometimes it seems like our O Line doesn't show up.
We do have a slight advantage going into next game though, they'll have no idea how Favre will play seeing how he played like a complete idiot then got injured. We've seen what they're going to do to us on both sides, but when Woodson gets healthy the Packers will be able to cover TO a little better when TO goes in motion.
A little optimism after the Packers got manhandled for most of last night's game.

cowboyuptx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB and Woodson make a huge difference in this Dallas game. The Pack is better than Dallas when these two are in the line-up. More pressure on Romo if KGB is in the game and much better covergage if Woodson is in the game! These two guy's will be back next week, they are not gone for the season. The Pack just needs to make sure they get the bye in round one. If they get there, they will win in Dallas with or without Brett.

How about Rogers! I am not worried about the future at ALL!!!

With all of the injuries, the Pack was down 3 late in the game on the road! C'mon, this is a very good Packer team that continues to get better. I believe they can and will make it to the Super Bowl........ Winning it will be a tougher task obviously.

I was very concerned that McCarthy pushed the desperation swith however, there was no need to do that with Brett given the Pack's 1st drive. The Pack went back to their offense with Rogers and look what happend! They almost pulled it out.

Do not worry Packer fans, this team is better than Dallas.

I'm really disappointed in many of you Packer fans! A lot of you guys sound like little babies crying over spilled milk!!

First of all, this was not a perfect game for Dallas! They can play better! It was a very average performance for our team. Really we have yet to play our best football.

Y'all think the Packers are better? Prove it!!! Cause all I have to go on is 37-27 victory for the Cowboys! Plus, Dallas is superior in almost every statistical category, offense and defense.

By some folks logic, I'd guess Detroit's a better team than the Packers are...... They got beat by 10 points, but they can play better than they did against the Pack......... How would y'all feel if Lions fans were saying this?

I heard the exact same crap from the Giants and their fans for most of the season. We beat 'em by 10 in week 1, but Brandon Jacobs and Osi Umenyora left that game early......... Their players and fans ran their mouth for half a season, saying how much they hate Dallas, and how things would be different in week 10........ So we went in to Giants Stadium and did the exact same thing, beating them by 11! If we see them in the playoffs, could they beat us?? Sure! But they definitely shouldn't!! Dallas is the better team. Same goes for the Packers..........

The Packers are a good team, and really quite similar to the Cowboys.... The difference is just as I said it was before the game....... The Packers dont have a TO and they dont have a Jason Witten. Plus Dallas' Offensive-Line is arguably the best in the NFL. These things wont change come playoff time, neither will the end result..................................... :pop:

matteogb4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WELL...we played horribly and dallas at their best but at the beginning of the 4th quarter we were trailing by 3 and with the ball in the hand.

so we can beat them even if they are a lttle stronger than us but if we play like we made all year long with YAC and not only bombs and with a little more runs we can surely win.

cowboyuptx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WELL...we played horribly and dallas at their best but at the beginning of the 4th quarter we were trailing by 3 and with the ball in the hand.

Yeah, Owens just handing Harris that INT when he was wide open in the endzone, that's Dallas playing their best :roll: ....... Dont kid yourself, the Cowboys are just better!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can we (packer fans) definitively say that the cowboys played flawless football? Have we watched every game so we can assess this? Big drops by T.O, a should be pick w/ two dbs running into each other, nearly allowing a 100 yd. rusher, and allowing for a 62 yd. TD while crowding the box are just a few examples of uncharacteristic mistakes by the cowboys.

In a game where neither team played flawless football, or was immune from injuries and self inflicted wounds that may alter the outcome of the (possible) playoff showdown, the Cowboys came out on top. Are there reasons for the Pack to be optomistic? Certainly, but stop embarassing ourselves. We sound like Jon Kitna and co. after their loss to the Giants.

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoever made this thread , right after losing , saying that your still better , needs to be put away....

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK... I've held off in this a few days till I could calm down a bit. :)

IMHO I think Favre is the greatest QB the game has ever seen. That being said...he is getting older. In the interview with Mooch he even said that he can't move as good as he use to. His arm is still very strong and he is a great leader. We need him on the field as our QB. We also need to give him some time in the pocket. I think those days of highlight films where he was scrambling around and making something out of nothing are probably behind him. That's OK. Now he becomes a more traditional QB with the best arm in NFL. If you give him a few seconds in the pocket he will dismantle any defense including Cowboys.

I have been watching Favre play for a lot of years and I know that the last few years he has been prone to making bad throws when there has been a lot of preasure. He doesn't have the ability to scramble like he use to and get out of the pocket as easily. Without all the weapons he has now things got ugly.

Now it's up to the team to step up and figure out how to protect him for a few seconds. That's all he needs to strike. We did it in the second half better after the adjustments. I believe if we would have made those adjustments earlier Favre would have picked the Cowboy defense apart. They are not that good when it comes to this type of game. Look at the NE game. They killed them on the short passes. Who is better on yards after catches than us? No one!

Look at the bad throws romo made in the second half with minimal preasure on him. What will it be like with KGB, Jolly and Woodson back?Kampman won't be double teamed and Harris won't be the only guy out there with the ability to cover the WRs. romo will have to scramble more (which he is good at) but the long threat will be more neutralized. 3rd down and 19 won't be much of a problem then.

I know cowboys had injuries also so I can't discount that. I'm sure they will get better when they are at full strength too. Will they be better than GB? Time will tell. I do know this....Given a little time Favre is fantastic.
We need to get back to what we do best and pick apart the defense and keep their offense off the field.

One last thing. We need to get rid of these stupid trolls. They have a hard time understanding the meaning of "Smack area"

Y'all

Nbtstatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what's going on here is a classic misconception in sports.

The Packers had some major problems on the field, from coaching, to blown coverage, to bad calls. The problem is, from an opponents perspective, you never see the terrible problems the other team had and just consider that "their perfect game". So then the natural logic is, we had a terrible game, and still hung in there, while that was their best game. This is simply not true. I would rate our performance in this game in the bottom 5 games of this season, it was just very sloppy.

Let me tell you, I have not missed ONE cowboys snap this season, and this game really made me angry as a fan of the Cowboys. We never, and I mean never, have QB/receiver miscommunications. I don't know if there were new plays being called or what, but how many balls did we have sailing out into open grass where no reciever was? Terrible.

The 4th and 2 call to go for it with Julius Jones, idiotic. Kick the FG, or for christs sake at least hand it to Barber. There has been serious talk about this in big D.

Owens dropping balls again, d@mn man, he's a talented guy, and absolutely dominated Harris, but you have to catch a ball put in your hands in the endzone. Same can be said for Fasano, another endzone touchdown drop.

Our secondary relaxing when Rodgers came in and you driving down the field. This just won't cut it.

Idiotic delay of games, false starts, and holding penaltys.

I really could go on and on, and the local sports guys have been for days now, about how sloppy this game was. Now we still pulled out a win, and thats great, but I'm just sick of hearing how you all played badly, hurt, etc, and still hung in there against a Dallas team that was "playing perfectly".

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but I'm just sick of hearing how you all played badly, hurt, etc, and still hung in there against a Dallas team that was "playing perfectly".

There is a simple cure for that. Stop coming in here. I am sick of you guys coming in here and whinning when you win. That's pathetic.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
castlebravo said:
They ain't THAT good.

Sure they are. Give credit where credit is due. At the end of the game, they had more points. Both our teams are at the top of the NFC and deserve it. We are both great teams. We were missing KGB and Woodson and during the game lost Favre, but that is part of football. Even with key injuries, we didn't give up and came back. We just fell short. Next time, it may be a different story, but the fact remains, Dallas does have a good team and they beat us. I am just proud of how we fought and came back. Perseverence is the key and our team has it.

Woodson21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB and Woodson make a huge difference in this Dallas game. The Pack is better than Dallas when these two are in the line-up. More pressure on Romo if KGB is in the game and much better covergage if Woodson is in the game! These two guy's will be back next week, they are not gone for the season. The Pack just needs to make sure they get the bye in round one. If they get there, they will win in Dallas with or without Brett.

With all of the injuries, the Pack was down 3 late in the game on the road! C'mon, this is a very good Packer team that continues to get better. I believe they can and will make it to the Super Bowl........ Winning it will be a tougher task obviously.

I was very concerned that McCarthy pushed the desperation swith however, there was no need to do that with Brett given the Pack's 1st drive. The Pack went back to their offense with Rogers and look what happend! They almost pulled it out.

Dude are you serious? how are we the better team, when we didn't win the game? don't get it. without favre on the field, we still had a shot at the end to win the game and didn't. as a matter a face we had a couple shots to take the lead and didn't...

Eluded

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packman4Favre said:

Dude are you serious? how are we the better team, when we didn't win the game? don't get it. without favre on the field, we still had a shot at the end to win the game and didn't. as a matter a face we had a couple shots to take the lead and didn't...

Some fans are just blind, they think the game was actually close as it seem. Packers didn't stop the Cowboys all day, Cowboys treat the Packers D like they're in HS football. The Cowboys felt bad about hurting Favre so they stop blitzing and pressuring in the 2nd half and start playing prevent D which let the Packers back in the game.

Well I guess it'll give Packers fans hope and Packers feel more confident when we meet again. I wouldn't be surprise if the Cowboys blow out the Packers in the Playoff. Wade Phillips said in PC after the game it's his fault for not making adjustment and keep pressuring. It's okay though, this will make us learn to blow them out til' it's out of reach. Just keep hoping you guys will even make it to the Championship game before talking about rematch. Just pray that Dallas won't be there, or else it'll be the same result.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson21 said:
Packman4Favre said:

Some fans are just blind, they think the game was actually close as it seem. Packers didn't stop the Cowboys all day, Cowboys treat the Packers D like they're in HS football. The Cowboys felt bad about hurting Favre so they stop blitzing and pressuring in the 2nd half and start playing prevent D which let the Packers back in the game.

Well I guess it'll give Packers fans hope and Packers feel more confident when we meet again. I wouldn't be surprise if the Cowboys blow out the Packers in the Playoff. Wade Phillips said in PC after the game it's his fault for not making adjustment and keep pressuring. It's okay though, this will make us learn to blow them out til' it's out of reach. Just keep hoping you guys will even make it to the Championship game before talking about rematch. Just pray that Dallas won't be there, or else it'll be the same result.

More whinning after the win? It's normal to whine a bit after a loss. Just look at your forums after the NE spanking you took for proof of that. You guys are terrible fans. Your team deserves much better.
Let off the gas? You sir are deluded. No team let's off the gas in the game of like this. Were you on the field and have inside knowledge or just talking out your rear? I'm guessing the later.

Romosexual

Cheesehead
Reaction score

T.O. > Woodson
KGB < Flozell Adams

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty lame that everyone is still arguing about this stupid crap. We lost, we're not as good. Dallas is obviously better right now. Deal with it.

I believe Cowboy fans need realize that this was one game out of the 16 in a season, and just because the outcome looked like the Cowboys were stomping the Packers, it does not mean the teams will play the same way as they did in this matchup. Colts almost got beat by the Chiefs, Jets beat the Steelers etc. Both those teams are dominant teams but struggled in certain games. Why is it so hard to believe that maybe the Packers went through the same thing?

The Cowboys played better than most of their fans are willing to admit,however. To say that they weren't playing anywhere near their potential is a bit of reach. I see it as an excuse to try to make it seem like our Packers got beat bad by a team playing poorly, to try and have some material to rub in our face.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty lame that everyone is still arguing about this stupid crap. We lost, we're not as good. Dallas is obviously better right now. Deal with it.

I believe Cowboy fans need realize that this was one game out of the 16 in a season, and just because the outcome looked like the Cowboys were stomping the Packers, it does not mean the teams will play the same way as they did in this matchup. Colts almost got beat by the Chiefs, Jets beat the Steelers etc. Both those teams are dominant teams but struggled in certain games. Why is it so hard to believe that maybe the Packers went through the same thing?

The Cowboys played better than most of their fans are willing to admit,however. To say that they weren't playing anywhere near their potential is a bit of reach. I see it as an excuse to try to make it seem like our Packers got beat bad by a team playing poorly, to try and have some material to rub in our face.

This is well done.

I would add that looking even deeper I see a Cowboy team that did have their "A" game going for awhile and unfortunately for us we were playing at about a "D" at that same time. That part of the game where they stretched the lead became too much to overcome.

What I came away with was if they play well and we don't, even in stretches, we will probably lose. What we haven't seen yet, however, is both teams playing well for long stretches and that's what I want to see.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the fact that they come here cracks me up. youd think theyd take the victory and roll with it. but nah... thats why they are cowboys fans. front runners that gotta rub it in.

They did beat us. they were better. on that day. on their field. no excuses.

but jesus christ... go back to your own state and revel in your over inflated sense of worth for god sakes. The fact that you have to come to another teams site and argue about who's better even after a victory... shows a serious confidence issue if you ask me.

Dont mess with Texas. Its not nice to pick on retards.

Eluded

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the fact that they come here cracks me up. youd think theyd take the victory and roll with it. but nah... thats why they are cowboys fans. front runners that gotta rub it in.

but jesus christ... go back to your own state and revel in your over inflated sense of worth for god sakes. The fact that you have to come to another teams site and argue about who's better even after a victory... shows a serious confidence issue if you ask me.

First off we're not here to rub it in, we're here to talk good football. Since most of the Packers fans are still deluded and still haven't given Dallas their credit, that's why we're bringing it up. Most of the stuff I read on here from other fans are excuses after excuses.

2nd to diss a whole State is a bit childish and ignorant. You sir are a disgrace to any fans club. And what's wrong with Texas? And this coming from someone that live in North Carolina? LOL And no, I'm not from Texas, but I rather live in Texas than NC. But I'm smart enough to live in California.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ran out of origonal materal?

Cowboys did beat Green Bay. Calling a whole state names may be a bit childish but I've read worse from the Cowboy forum. Don't act like your fans are any better. At least we aren't making up excuses about why an opponent scored on us after a win.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

First off we're not here to rub it in, we're here to talk good football. Since most of the Packers fans are still deluded and still haven't given Dallas their credit, that's why we're bringing it up. Most of the stuff I read on here from other fans are excuses after excuses.

2nd to diss a whole State is a bit childish and ignorant. You sir are a disgrace to any fans club. And what's wrong with Texas? And this coming from someone that live in North Carolina? LOL And no, I'm not from Texas, but I rather live in Texas than NC. But I'm smart enough to live in California.
What i don't understand is........where were you, and some of the other Cowboy fans BEFORE the game? You (and some others) only showed up AFTER the game was played. If you were true Cowboy fans, just coming to talk good football, why didn't you come here BEFORE the game?
Some other Cowboy fans were here BEFORE the game, and for the most part have been good people, who I respect. ANYONE can come to a different team's site AFTER their team has won and cut us down for being frustrated about calls, or injuries. Had the Packers won, would you still have come here? I seriously doubt it.
Your team won. Why arn't you on a Cowboys site reveling with your own like minded fans?
I have NEVER gone to a rivals site after we beat them. It just seems classless to pick on them for their views, if i wasn't already there before we played them, so i could also take my "medicine" after we lost.
I don't think all of Texas is stupid. That wouldn't be fair.