Reggie Bush

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans from every team think that star free agents want to come play for their team. Why wouldnt he want to live in San Diego/Miami/ New York/ ect you hear or you hear why wouldnt he want to play for a team with great history like Pittsburg/Dallas/Chicago/SF/ ect? He will win if he comes to NE/indy/philly/balt ect!

Its very rare players want to go to a team because they love the city/team/tradition. Ill buy it when Vikings fans say it about fitzgerald but not when packer fans say it about Bush. Even Reggie White went to the team that offered the most $.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how many times has ryan grant got the packers to the super bowl? none
think about how potent the packers would be WITH a running game. The Offense needs to be more balanced. AGAIN SpartaChris - youre like shooting fish in a barrel. Rest your case for what? the same as Grant, Nothing.

I'm like shooting fish in a barrel? Please, it's called logic, son. Try using it sometime.

I gave you a list of positions that are a much bigger need on our team than running back. And now that we'll have both Starks AND Grant, we will be more balanced. We also get Finley back, which heavily tilts things into our favor and will open up some holes. Plus, a stronger O-Line helps our running game. Yes, O-Line was a problem for our running game last season.

Oh, BTW- Bush didn't get New Orleans to their Super Bowl either. Drew Brees did.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Honest to God, I think we just drafted Reggie Bush. Every reason I wanted Bush, versatility, explosiveness, playmaking, return ability, Cobb does all that. And likely at a cheaper price.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHEN is key word...

He has never played a whole season other then rookie year..Injury prone...

On grass he isnt as good as on turf...Packers play on grass

Tell me....If he is such a play maker why wont NO keep him?

And yeah I am dumb...I dont want him at min contract... I rather have Jackson

At minimum salary you get guys like Vernon Morency, not Reggie Bush.

At what he wants, I wouldn't touch him with a stick. My post was based solely on the minimum contract comment.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm like shooting fish in a barrel? Please, it's called logic, son. Try using it sometime.

your "logic" is saying what we have is sufficient at the rb position? I'm not so sure Id go that far. our running attack needs help. to say it doesnt just simply isnt true. Not logical.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your "logic" is saying what we have is sufficient at the rb position? I'm not so sure Id go that far. our running attack needs help. to say it doesnt just simply isnt true. Not logical.

Except it is true. You're basing our future RB production on last year when we were relegated to Brandon Jackson and John Kuhn after Grant was lost for the season. This year we will have both a healthy James Starks AND Ryan Grant in our backfield. And whatever new guy we just added tonight in the 3rd. Suffice it to say, GB will not be taking Reggie Bush.

Besides, I'm not so sure he's much of an upgrade over anyone on our roster anyway.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what is going to happen with Reggie, but Seam Payton and Loomis have both said they want to retain him. That depends, of course, on Reggie restructuring for considerably less than the 11.8 he is dues to make this year. RB has previously said that he wants to stay and that he understands that will mean taking less. It was very clear that, at least at the time, he appreciated his value was nowhere near that mark.

Having said that, we will have a crowded backfield with RB, Ingram, PT and Ivory. That's not say we would not carry all four, but I know that RB has to be concerned about his touches.

Having said that, RB brings a lot of value to the team that doesn't show up in his stats. I used to scoff at the notion that he was all that valuable as a "decoy," but when you study the way Payton uses him to both effect defenses and to get reads on defenses you realize that it is true. One thing that RB does well that surprises people is to provide good pass protection. He is actually very good at picking up on what the defense is doing and getting in position to make that block. Surprising I know.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what is going to happen with Reggie, but Seam Payton and Loomis have both said they want to retain him. That depends, of course, on Reggie restructuring for considerably less than the 11.8 he is dues to make this year. RB has previously said that he wants to stay and that he understands that will mean taking less. It was very clear that, at least at the time, he appreciated his value was nowhere near that mark.

Having said that, we will have a crowded backfield with RB, Ingram, PT and Ivory. That's not say we would not carry all four, but I know that RB has to be concerned about his touches.

Having said that, RB brings a lot of value to the team that doesn't show up in his stats. I used to scoff at the notion that he was all that valuable as a "decoy," but when you study the way Payton uses him to both effect defenses and to get reads on defenses you realize that it is true. One thing that RB does well that surprises people is to provide good pass protection. He is actually very good at picking up on what the defense is doing and getting in position to make that block. Surprising I know.
Good info. Thanks man.

From the little I saw, I didn't think he was that good at pass pro (which is the #1 trait we look on our 3rd down RB). But you obviously know more about him than I do.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be a decoy you need to produce on the field at some point. Dude has 1 career 100 yard plus game. He was one of the greatest college players I have ever seen but Houston nailed it like no other when they passed on him.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to also consider NFC North defenses play and hit a lot harder than the NFC South counterparts making injuries far more probable. Not sure Green Bay winters fit well with a USC star. I'd rather not take in a distraction

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to also consider NFC North defenses play and hit a lot harder than the NFC South counterparts making injuries far more probable. Not sure Green Bay winters fit well with a USC star. I'd rather not take in a distraction

you seriously believe that certain divisions play and hit harder than others?

Members online

Latest posts