Reggie Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Houston will have first pick and don't need either RB or QB so will in mood to trade. I think we need to put together a package that will get us the first pick and take Bush. This guy is very special, Barry Sanders special, and will give us a huge weapon. Rodgers will be our QB but cannot carry a team and it will enhance his growth.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Looks like Houston will have first pick and don't need either RB or QB so will in mood to trade. I think we need to put together a package that will get us the first pick and take Bush. This guy is very special, Barry Sanders special, and will give us a huge weapon. Rodgers will be our QB but cannot carry a team and it will enhance his growth.

we have five draft picks, needs at every position and then some, there's five regular season games left, there's two months until the combine, reggie bush still has to decide to come out of college, free agency, maybe houston recognizes their overall need for soemthing positive and selects bush #1 overall...honestly i think we are not in position to draft bush--i say trade with a team such as baltimore or detroit if we are in position to draft matt leinart

ryan, can we please put a quota on reggie bush threads, it seems like i've typed what i've just typed about seven times this past week--all in different threads

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to add to what you said JW084...Kijana Carter, Rashann Salaam, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Steve Emtman, etc.

Yes Reggie looks great now, but you never know.

TT seems like a guy that would trade for more picks too.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
to add to what you said JW084...Kijana Carter, Rashann Salaam, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Steve Emtman, etc.

#1 picks, high picks in general, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't...you could draft a Tim Couch or a Peyton Manning

However I think this year is the year to be in the top ten, plenty of potential stars...i look at other avenues than reggie bush, but i think this draft will be to our advantage

i hate to repeat myself but how many NFL running backs were NOT 1st round picks--curtis martin who's going to the hall of fame, brian westbrook, julius jones, ahman green, terell davis who was on course for the hall, corey dillon, tiki barber, priest holmes, lamont jordan, guys, there is talent out there if we look at it, every division I-A school, the best athlete on the team is the running back

could we please wait until we at least find out where we're picking until we sew bush's name on a packer jersey

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may be premature but so what. What would you rather discuss? How about another thread about Mike sherman fat ***?

Again, I will repeat. Reggie Bush is something special. Unlike any of the guys mentioned above....even Barry Sanders. I'm not saying he is better than Barry just different. He can play wideout for some plays if you want him to. I would take Reggie Bush with the first pick and I'd even give up our #2 pick to move from 4 to 1 if necessary. I've posted this before, but my daughter is a student at ND and she knows a number of players on the team, including Brady Quinn, Samarjdah, Ambrose Wooden and others. My daughter is a football fanatic and all these guys told her that Reggie Bush has the speed and quickness and moves like nobody they have ever seen. They said that it is not even close. He plays at a whole different level. ND has faced some pretty good players....these guys all say nobody is even close to this guy.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I would take Reggie Bush with the first pick and I'd even give up our #2 pick to move from 4 to 1 if necessary.

it will take a lot more than that to trade up like that, especially if Bush is worth all the hype he is generating right now--remember what NYG had to give up for eli, or what atlanta had to give up for vick--from which san diego still ended up with LT

the point now is not if it is right or wrong, but what ted thompson will do based on his philosophy--we can argue all we want, but honestly i believe that thompson looks for value, and in a draft this deep, controlling a team with this many needs...this is what i have resolved (projected draft position: 1-5)

1. If we are in the position to draft Reggie Bush, we will do so
2. If we are in the position to draft Matt Leinart (#2), or virginia OT D'brickshaw Ferguson (#3), we are trading down
3. If we are in the position to draft Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart (the #1 pick), we will trade down**
4. We are not trading up, not right/wrong/whatever, Ted Thompson will not squander that many picks no matter what the circumstance, who remembers when Ditka dealt all seven draft picks for Ricky Williams, and how did that work out

**In this scenario, I believe there will be one heckuva bidding war for the #1 pick, and we could profit--think of all the teams needing a franchise QB or RB, and imagine all of them lining up at our door all wanting a cut--I think it could elevate to a #1, #2, more late round picks, maybe even a #1 next year--maybe a younger depth player--for example I had thought about the possibility of trading a Leinart-eligible pick to Baltimore for a package of picks and RB Chester Taylor...and worst case, we move down no later than #10 and end up with a blue chipper plus some additional picks that we need--that folks is how Ted Thompson rolls.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have said on this forum and a couple of others almost exactly the same thing: I also agree that if we were to have the #1 pick we would trade a couple of times! First I think we would trade with one of the teams at 2 or three or four (depending on how the teams shake out,who really want either Bush or Leinart. I also believe that using that 2 or 3 pick, especially if Washington continues to tank and has the 10 or worse record that we would trade again with Denver which owns that pick and get # 10 and #28 or whatever # Denvers own pick is. In the initial trade we would get the 2 or 3 pick and a 3rd this year (very high 3rd) and a one next year plus we would ship the 2 or 3 to Dever for pick 10 and 28. We would then have 10,28,33, pick 33 95 and 98. we should be able to relaod with those picks and get a great linebacker, a better safety (to replace Roman), another quality TE and a very good guard. Plus more talent coming next year
deC

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack88, one comment on your plan -- we don't need another TE. Martin has stepped up as a solid receiver and is blocking much better. Lee is a complete TE, good blocker and solid receiver.

Right now TE is the deepest and best position on this team. We just need the OC to recognize that and design a game plan with our TEs as the focus.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
ryan, can we please put a quota on reggie bush threads, it seems like i've typed what i've just typed about seven times this past week--all in different threads
Crazy, I was just thinking about that the other day. I will do a Reggie Bush sticky where ALL RB converstation will hopefully be contained.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:

Thats what I always say about a top draft pick. also add Joey Harrington to the list. Also Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandarich et al. The busts they turned out to be. I could also add other names as well. Andre Ware also.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
musccy said:

Thats what I always say about a top draft pick. also add Joey Harrington to the list. Also Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandarich et al. The busts they turned out to be. I could also add other names as well. Andre Ware also.

all of you know where i stand, for the moment on reggie bush...but the 'could be a bust' arguement doesnt fly...

peyton manning, micheal vick, ladanian tomlinson, steve mcnair could've been top 5 busts but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts