Reggie Bush

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta say this... about that....

I, personally, don't think Ted Thompson will (or would) go after Reggie Bush. Specifically, because we still have the dreaded three-headed Hydra of Green, Davenport & Fisher. Now, certainly, we know Batman's contract comes up. But, we also know that he's on the downturn of a pretty damned decent career, too. I would offer that TT should give Ahman a one year extension, laden with incentives only... --- think about that for a minute...

THEN - in FA and the Draft - go after STUDS for the O-Line....

• Clifton is here to stay for a while
    Tauscher's not going anywhere
    Move Wells to leftside Tackle, permanently (no miffed hiking the ball)
    Whitticker is "da man" from now on at right tackle...

Go get a STUD for Center - someone HUGE.....

**EDIT** -- I'd grab at least two more Mark Chmura/Jeremy Shockey(sp) type Tight Ends, and bring back the Tiger Set, permanently.

Now, remember, William Henderson... may, or may not.. be here next year. He almost left after 2003. What's more, I've always said that Henderson and Favre are tied at the hip - when one goes, so does the other. Henderson, like Gilbert Brown, will go out heralded as one of the bullworkers for the Packers - very much like the 60's teams. I'm gonna have to go get a second job just to get all the Jersey's I'd like for these guys... with "their" names on them. If anyone has a Gilbert Brown jersey (green) in an XLarge - they'd like to let go of... let me know about it.

Once the Packers re-solidify the Offensive Front - just about any RB could step in and be the rushing genius we've seen in Batman. Finding another Jerry Kramer is where I'd start... not the RB position - protection first...then turn on the steam.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I more or less agree w/ you IPB.

1) There is value to picking up a Barry Sanders/LT type player that can seemingly supercede the quality of an o-line...but for some reason I don't get that feeling about Bush.

2) what if Bush were the real deal, but get's hurt...the Broncos demonstrate what a quality line can do for you. Ruben Droughns isn't tearing it up like he was last year, and I would suggest the same might be true for Terrel D, Mike Anderson, etc.

IU_packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it comes down to what they can get for a high draft pick, if no one is going to give them anything of value (including picks and an potential starter at a position of need) then draft the best player available. you never know, the pick can be traded down then maybe Lendale White would be availabe or some other RB, but we have another half season to go through before we should think about the draft. always believe that the team can turn it around, i would rather see brett pull some magic and finish 8-8 than have the first pick of the draft, thats just me

Reaction score
IPBprez said:
THEN - in FA and the Draft - go after STUDS for the O-Line....

• Clifton is here to stay for a while
    Tauscher's not going anywhere
    Move Wells to leftside Tackle, permanently (no miffed hiking the ball)
    Whitticker is "da man" from now on at right tackle...

Go get a STUD for Center - someone HUGE.....

I'm gonna have to go get a second job just to get all the Jersey's I'd like for these guys... with "their" names on them. If anyone has a Gilbert Brown jersey (green) in an XLarge - they'd like to let go of... let me know about it.

Once the Packers re-solidify the Offensive Front - just about any RB could step in and be the rushing genius we've seen in Batman. Finding another Jerry Kramer is where I'd start... not the RB position - protection first...then turn on the steam.

• IPB, that sounds to me like something TT would be thinking. And if Wells does do a decent job at LG, why not keep him there? We could have a young line that could blossom if given time. But I dunno why, I have a feeling that we will see more of Coston, I think he is a Whale type player that could be of some use yet. We really don't need a RB on day 1, if Gado pans out, even better! The point is, RB is not a huge priority because we do have fall back options available. But say a position like DE, where the starters are ALWAYS playing, is a priority.

I would second the drafting of a Center, but if nothing is available, I would resign Reug. and try again next year. Chris White has managed to stay around, so I am intrigued there. All in all, it should be a very interesting offseason. OH AND LETS NOT FORGET THE COMPENSATION PICKS HEAD THE PACK WAY :D!

As for your request regarding Jersey's, I can only offer you a cheaper solution. Go the the NFL shop on NFL.com, and there Get a Packer Jersey, customize it with the players # and then get the name of the person printed on the back. It isn't the same thing, but regardless it is the only option for people like you and me, who don't have top end paying jobs.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IU's got a point --- we all know TT favors trading down to gain even more picks from the Draft than what are normal. This will become the staple of the Packers for as long as he's the GM.

Thanks, AADP

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We get that you love Bush, Gakk.:mrgreen:

It's kinda like you have a hardon, and you're wearing nothing but tighty whities.

Members online

Latest posts