REFS? is that what you call them

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How bout game changing mother truckers screw this BS refs screwed us over. Gonna see some come on here no offensive line cost us. No F that refs cost this game and I can go on and on about the bs calls they gave them points and took away from possible points for us.

4th quarter after big stop. ryan grant gets big run. next play gets about 13 yards before being called back from a phantom holding call on colledge. rather than being on the 20 1st down. we had 1st and 20 from the 40. rather than having a great shot at sealing the game we had to settle for 3.

How about the first safety? you tell me there wasn't a player in the area I call you a liar.

How about 1st half 7-7 3rd and 13 we make a stop they calling illegal contact on Harris? what ended up happening there. they get automatic 1st and end up getting a field goal.

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I wasn't too happy with some of those calls...they were REEEAAL iffy. They didn't let them play...at least not GREEN BAY, anyway. Officiating in the NFL has sucked so badly this year.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season, I'm really decreasing my enthusiasm after so many games are ruined by bad calls.

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
makes me wonder if the League actually TEACHES these guys...I'm so amazed at the bad calls today...and all year.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but,the packers are a team that even with the refs horrible calls,they can get to a game winning field goal attempt.mason crosby is not to blame.he is a kicker who has and adam vinatieri performance while only being 24 years old (second season in the nfl)

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about 1st half 7-7 3rd and 13 we make a stop they calling illegal contact on Harris? what ended up happening there. they get automatic 1st and end up getting a field goal.

That WR had his hands all over Harris from the helmet down. Talk about home field refs!!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The first safety is easy. The reason it was called was the pass did not make it over the line of scrimmage. And a penalty in the end zone by the offense results in a safety.

V

Vikeman

Quick question...

The Packers are the most penalized team in the league...is this just mere coincidence?

Considering all the bad calls against the Vikes over the years while playing the Pack...you guys got some nerve.

By the way the refs had nothing to do with your kicker missing a field goal that he usually makes...Just like Jackson throwing that game ending int week 1 when we were driving to win it after a horribley ref'ed game.

To be fair though I want a Packer fan to run down a list of "what they thought" were bad calls today. I mean calls which really hampered your teams ability to get an offensive td or convert more then 1 3rd down, make a field goal, or maybe even prevented you from winning. I'm not talking about PI and holding because they happen every play. Some players do it more then others example (AL Harris) (Mckinnie) and get away with it. No subjective BS.

V

Vikeman

Here's something to start it off...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pocket Area: Applies from a point two yards outside of either offensive tackle and includes the tight end if he drops off the line of scrimmage to pass protect. Pocket extends longitudinally behind the line back to offensive team’s own end line.

Intentional Grounding of Forward Pass
1. Intentional grounding of a forward pass is a foul: loss of down and 10 yards from previous spot if passer is in the field of play or loss of down at the spot of the foul if it occurs more than 10 yards behind the line or safety if passer is in his own end zone when ball is released.
2. Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.
3. Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, while out of the pocket and facing an imminent loss of yardage, throws a pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including if the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or end line).

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
Quick question...

The Packers are the most penalized team in the league...is this just mere coincidence?

Considering all the bad calls against the Vikes over the years while playing the Pack...you guys got some nerve..
You are not going to hear me complain about the officials.

. The officials didn't lose this game. Our ****** play lost it.

V

Vikeman

IronMan said:
Vikeman said:
Quick question...

Considering all the bad calls against the Vikes over the years while playing the Pack...you guys got some nerve..
You are not going to hear me complain about the officials. We are the most penalized team because our coach doesn't have the balls to fine or bench players for making the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Coach with no balls + players with no pride = same crap every week. "We need to get it fixed." blah blah blah.

The officials didn't lose this game. Our ****** play lost it.

Epitome of class and intelligence Ironman

Packer_Backer85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll give you one. We had you stopped first quarter on third and ten, phantom illegal hands call on Harris, when YOUR reciever was all over Harris. Would've stopped you guys from gaining a field goal, we win.

I'm not the one to talk about what if's, that's crap. Football is football, things happen that change games. It's as simple as that.

But again, even with the officiating, the Packers played like garbage, and that's the reason we lost. Offense couldn't capitalize when the Defense and ST's handed us the game.

kahnoodie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The refs sucked this game. The ruling on the field was an illegal forward pass (not grounding) and was called because of an "unnatural throwing motion" by Rodgers. My guess is that the refs thought the ball was near a receiver, and thus came up with this alternate ruling. If they would have just said it was grounding I don't know that there would be any complaints. Although the MNF game had Warner in a similar play where he left the ball about 6 yards short of a WR that wasn't looking and the refs decided that was OK after a conference.

The real bad calls were the two phantom holding calls and the call on Harris. Also the Sidney Rice pushoff in the endzone early in the game. I kind of wonder if the refs are beginning to rely too much on tendencies instead of just calling what they see as it happens.

All That said I remember:

- Early whistles last year that negated a couple of Packer fumbles
- A couple of years back...The Ben Steele play where he ended up with an onsides recovery, when the Vikings had recovered the ball in plain view
- The play where the Vikings tried to kneel a squib kick late in a game and the Packers blasted the guy

so I guess it's all fair...I'm sure in the next couple years the Pack will get some bogus calls in one of the matchups with the Vikes.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
Quick question...

Considering all the bad calls against the Vikes over the years while playing the Pack...you guys got some nerve.

By the way the refs had nothing to do with your kicker missing a field goal that he usually makes...Just like Jackson throwing that game ending int week 1 when we were driving to win it after a horribley ref'ed game.

To be fair though I want a Packer fan to run down a list of "what they thought" were bad calls today. I mean calls which really hampered your teams ability to get an offensive td or convert more then 1 3rd down, make a field goal, or maybe even prevented you from winning. I'm not talking about PI and holding because they happen every play. Some players do it more then others example (AL Harris) (Mckinnie) and get away with it. No subjective BS.

AP taking helmet off right after scoring. Should been flagged, Viks kicking from the 15 might could it have helped us? Who knows..But that really should have been flagged

He was in the middle of big white stripe indicating sideline in the end zone area. I originally thought he took it off during the challenge..But replays show it was immediately after scoring..

Now is it because play was dead? Or another reason?

Removing Helmets on the Field During Play -- no player may remove his helmet while on the playing field. Doing so will result in a 15-yard Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty. Exceptions are during timeouts and between quarters. (The NFL has done this in an effort to "reduce taunting and overexuberant celebrations" and also "in the name of safety.")

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
IronMan said:
When Peterson took off his helmet he was on the sideline, beyond the field of play. Therefore, no penalty.

:(

from ESPN

The NFL's vice president of officiating addressed a number of debatable calls Wednesday after another controversial weekend, most notably saying that Vikings tailback Adrian Peterson should have been penalized 15 yards for removing his helmet on the field Sunday during Minnesota's 28-27 victory over Green Bay.

As for Peterson, Pereira said he violated the NFL's rules prohibiting the removal of helmets when not in the bench area or during a timeout. Peterson removed his helmet at least four times during the game, but Pereira specifically pointed out Peterson's actions after scoring the game-winning touchdown with 2:22 remaining.

"I can't figure out why anything wasn't done about that," Pereira said, "but I will say this: It frustrates me that we didn't do anything about that. You can't take your helmet off either to argue a call or to celebrate. If you're in a timeout period or a measurement or a challenge, there are times when you can take your helmet off on the field. Or when you're nearing your team area when you approach the bench.

"But when you score like that, when you remove your helmet, you should be flagged."

And again b4 a Viking fan whines that we are whining..

It was not called and should have been..

would it have change the outcome??

Personally I SAY NO

But it should have been called

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe they will fire MM so we can hire a coach that will instill some discipline, someone like perhaps Bill Cowher? :D hey I can dream.

Members online

Latest posts