Redskins release safety Vincent

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redskins release safety Vincent

February 22, 2007

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- Veteran safety Troy Vincent was cut Thursday by the Washington Redskins, saving the team about $1.3 million in salary cap space.

The Redskins signed Vincent six games into the 2006 season after free agent acquisition Adam Archuleta's early struggles, but the five-time Pro Bowl player failed to make much of an impact on the NFC's worst defense.

Vincent, 35, started three games, missed two with a hamstring injury, then returned as a reserve for the final two. His biggest play came on special teams, when he blocked a field goal in the final minute of a win over Dallas.

Vincent, who is the president of the NFL Players Association, began 2006 with Buffalo but was placed on injured reserve after hurting his hamstring in the season opener. The Bills later released him, and he signed a three-year, $3.9 million contract with the Redskins in October.

Vincent has 47 career interceptions, is best known for his years as a standout cornerback with Philadelphia from 1996-2003.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's 35.

(I say that in preparation of people going "OH LETS GET HIM! WE NEED A SAFETY!" )

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's 35.

(I say that in preparation of people going "OH LETS GET HIM! WE NEED A SAFETY!" )

The news I post in the NFL forum is just that news Im not sure if you think i want him or not but I dont and if I do want someone Ill say it

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL | Vincent contemplating retirement
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 06:25:02 -0800

Mark Eckel, of The Trenton Times, reports NFL defensive back Troy Vincent (Redskins) is mulling retirement after being released by the Washington Redskins earlier this month. Vincent, a 15-year NFL veteran, will turn 36 this year.

Redskins | Archuleta expected to be cut
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 06:51:58 -0800

Mark Eckel, of The Trenton Times, reports the Washington Redskins are expected to release S Adam Archuleta, who is due a $5 million roster bonus soon.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts