1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rediscover the fun of being a fan this season

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PWT36, Jul 10, 2005.

1. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted July 10, 2005

Jeff Ash column: Rediscover the fun of being a fan this season

Special Sections

What is it, exactly, that you enjoy about the Packers?

I
  2. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yes it is fun being a packer fan. :)
  3. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  4. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    great article, i like the reflections on the little things...you know message boards bring out the worst in me, something like this, kind of changes your outlook...

Last year I was fortunate to get all but I think 3 Packers games, so many times they were nationally televised, or the feature game of the week, of course I got them when they played Philly, I didn't see either bears game, the game we whooped DET, and the giants game, ...this year we have a sunday night game, christmas day, three monday night games, i should be seeing the team a lot again this year...
  5. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This year, the problem we're figuring on.... is there's so many 3pm games as opposed to normal...

With Football, the Members prefer to see the games start at Noon and they can still get other things done afterwards, like Church, etc. This year, there's only (what) ----

• 5 - Noon games
      7 - late games (3:15 or 4p)
      VERY EARLY BYE WEEK this year....
      3 MNF's and 1 ESPN game
    As far as enjoying the group as a whole being together and sharing our own version of Wisconsin hospitality.. this could be a bit tough depending... We'd prefer to see 8 Noon games or more if possible... Maybe next year or maybe never again - who knows!
  6. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why don't you get Directv and see all the Packer games ???
  7. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    IP, where do you get this show?
  8. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All those extra things are great. But then they start the game. And then they keep score. Next all that matters is a Packer win . . . and all thoses extra things are lost in the schuffle . . . unless they win . . . then all is well in the world . . . :lol:
  9. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I guess we'll have to write to this Jeff Ash character.
    I googled the name of the Show and got anything but.....

Anyone else have any luck?
  10. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IBPrez,, the more late games the better, that means the Packers are winning and networks want them for national TV which are the late games, the noon games are only regionally telecasted to the area the two teams playing are located. The TV networks have found that the Green Bay Packers have a national following thus higher TV ratings for their later national Telecasting of games. You will notice that The Green Bay Packers get national exposure of 3 games on MNF and 1 game on ESPN Sunday Night Football. That is maximum a team in the NFL can get.
  11. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    PWT - pending you are correct - and that remains to be seen - then our Club will not have all that great a season since the Packers being on regular TV all the time causes most members to just stay home... it saves money, sure.. and it also lets families enjoy bring the kids up properly with being Cheeseheads... I'll always support that... but our best season as a Club lately was when most of the games were NOT being televised by FOX or CBS, etc... Trust me, it ain't easy coming up with ways to draw people out of their Hobbit holes to watch the games... Even I would stay home from time to time if I could...

In 2002 at our last Hangout - it was a smaller little bar - which is like most Bars you see around Wisconsin.. and during the first Vikings game that season - (we kicked butt, as usual) - we had over 150 fans show up... as word was getting out that the Club was back on its feet.... and we broke that Bar's local fire law - it was great!

We've already done the overflowing trick in our Hangout at F&H now - but that's only for the room they let us have..... this Establishment can hold up to 499 customers.. Now, if they were to abide by the actual oral agreement we did - then most times, we'd see about 150 members showing up every week pending the game's not on regular TV. Most of the time when we've overflowed the setup - it's because other fans come in and hog the seats for spite... We're working on correcting that situation this year... the idea being other non-packerfans should wait till after the first quarter before trying to raid our turf...

Currently, they are re-working the interior of the place to support a couple more LARGE screens in two rooms which should rule most of that nonsense out..

We're hoping to have another one of our great "Bears Still Suck" Tailgate parties this year... and a few other things... 30 days to go, gents (and ladies) - Pre-season is just around the corner....
  12. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    that shows the appeal of the Packers.
  13. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE - This is from Jeff Ash - the writer of the article....

Well, there you have it!