Rebuilding the team

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can call it anything you want, but it looks to me as TT is attempting to retool the team through the draft. He addressed a few needs in last years draft. He took some shots, maybe hit on one or two, missed on a few and I think he still has high hopes for the linebacker and safety. Then he dumps Sherman and his staff and starts over. He hired a young coach who in turn went out and hired what looks to be some pretty good asst. coaches. Are we on track? We won't know that until the season starts. The bottom line is that he has to draft athletes who can make an impact. I think Collins is going to be an impact player. We just need a lot of those on both sides of the ball.

I hope we don't draft for need because it seems that whenever you do that you reach and miss rather than getting someone who can play now. I think Carroll was a reach to fill a need. They should have filled that need with a free agent. My point is that whether Favre comes back or not, this team is being rebuilt. We're a little short on talent on defense, we need two guards on offense and if we can sign Green, Davenport and Fischer to short term contracts, pick up a receiver, draft a linebacker, defensive back, defensive end, and a running back, and if they can all play, this team can be respectable this year.

I don't think we're going to win a championship but I do believe we can be competitive. Then next year you add some players through the draft again. Now you fill holes with free agents and in another year you're drafting from a strength position and you look for depth to get players ready to fill in when you lose a free agent. I'd say we're going to be a contender in three years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts