Really? You want an intro thread?

WorstSeat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, let's just say that I've been a lifelong fan of another team, a team that's shown me over the last 12+ years or so just how important good ownership is. Ultimately, old age has taught me, you're cheering not so much for a team (or for a coach or players) as you are for the owner, the only thing about your team that likely won't change more than once during your lifetime. The owner gives your team its character, its heart, it's in/consistency over the decades. The team is the owner.

Sure, I've attended games just to watch Favre throw the pass that seemed thrown seconds before the receiver even hinted at the cut, and I'm looking forward to catching Rogers' artistry now as well. But the ownership, my friends, is why I like the Packers. I like that the team is owned (largely) by the collective fan, not a single person, not a family, not simply lucky businessmen. And starting this month, part of that owner is me.

OP
OP
WorstSeat

WorstSeat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So are the Packers your wife or the mistress?

Lol. More like my non-profit business partner. I'm an NFL fan, and this seemed like a good/idiotic way to vote with my dollars.

Btw, too much has been made of how you can't make money with your Packers stock. The real upshot is that you're helping make it [more?] impossible for someone overly interested in making money from ruining a great NFL franchise.

OP
OP
WorstSeat

WorstSeat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, having trouble editing for some reason... It occurred to me that you might be worried I've tried to buy my way into being a fair-weather fan, which is fair. And at $275, buying my way out of my other long-term relationship for a winner is a pretty tempting way of framing this.

But don't worry. I've been a fan of Team X (I don't want Goodell to fine me here) for about 35 years. I won't start calling the Packers "we". I'll try to limit myself to official shareholder gear. I'll cheer for 'em to win, but I'll try to keep that cheering purely professional. ;)

But still, don't tell my wife. :eek:

Latest posts