Really starting to dislike James Jones

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy drops so many balls it makes me want to puke. He is so hot/cold. He will have a great game and then drop sure TD's that Rodgers puts on the money in the next. I'm thinking he is NOT our long term solution opposite Jennings. I'm just afraid that it's going to be a must win game with one play on the line, Rodgers will find him, fire a strike in to him and he'll drop it...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't seem to get it.
Maybe it's just me, but he doesn't seem to give 100% all the time. He's too inconsistent, and I don't know if he'll ever mature.

But his history makes it hard to hate on him.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
He doesn't seem to get it.
Maybe it's just me, but he doesn't seem to give 100% all the time. He's too inconsistent, and I don't know if he'll ever mature.

This. He just doesn't try. Either that, or he's just not good. Whatever the truth, I don't like it.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This. He just doesn't try. Either that, or he's just not good. Whatever the truth, I don't like it.

That's the problem, you can see he has the talent to be a force, but for whatever reason it's like playing is a chore for him... He doesn't seem to really be passionate about it.

Reaction score
All James Jones has to do is learn how to catch better. He has all the tools to be successful. Great deep threat, Good after the catch, and a strong receiver. Don't give up on him yet. He is still a young player, he is not an *******, and the other receivers really like him. Today was just a bad game for him. Every athlete has a bad game once and a while. If you are going to start ripping on JJ you might as well rip on Jordy Nelson. He had a huge fumble that cost us a points and gave the other team the ball which resulted in a 80 yard touchdown.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Jones so much better than Nelson. I think I might be the only one here though that feels that way

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Like my dad put it. He is the gb version of Roy Williams minus the huge contract

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol just because he is dropping balls it doesnt been hes not into it lol. Driver and Jenningd have dropped just as many this year. Jones drops have been wood be tds so it is more frustrating. If anything I think he has a deep passion and just gets a little excited when he sees the ball coming and open field. Im hoping he can fix it, if he can he is deff a great #2 wr. Maybe he needs that lazer eye surgery that J Walker had done.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
I love all our receivers honestly. Theyre all great and even though he dropped like 4 passes today that coulda been td's if he catches em its another story and i feel he WILL catch more than he drops and by next season will be a major threat in the pass game. I think he will progress and mature definitely.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Jones cost Rodgers 100 yards and another TD today, but here's the good thing: Jones has been up & down for whatever reason, and his down came today and we still kicked the Giants *****.

So next week comes his up, and he'll help us beat the Bears.

However, it was his fumble in Chicago this year late that helped us lose that game.
And it was his TWO fumbled in 2007 at home vs Chicago that helped us lose that game.

He's had issues obviously against the damn Bears. Somebody needs to get to the game next week before it starts and pour some maple syrup-honey all over Jones arms and hands.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My problem with Jones is he's not a fighter. You don't see him lay out for a ball, or fight to get a ball or even fight the defender to keep THEM from getting the ball.

Frankly, I think we need to trade him. I get nervous when Rodgers throws him the ball as he's too inconsistent and seems to lack that fire to make a big play when nothing is there.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Jones so much better than Nelson. I think I might be the only one here though that feels that way
Nope I agree with you, they all have dropped crucial passes. Jones is targeted so much for a reason guys and it's not cause he lacks passion or anything like that. I agree with alot of you he drops crucial passes, I just think he needs to work on his hands more.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to like JJ, but there are too many games (mostly Bear games coincidentally) that he has lost the ball.

I think he has the ability and talent but for some reason loses his focus.

In addition, ALL of the receivers have had a trouble dropping the ball earlier this year. And EVERYBODY stopped doing that EXCEPT for JJ.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I like JJ but I don't think he has the hands of a Jordy Nelson, I think JN surpasses him this offseason. I know you are gonna point to the fumble this game, but it didn't cost them the game like JJ's did.
I would just like to ask those who posted earlier this week about getting rid of DD what they think now? The old man has some talent after all hey?
Amazing grabs by the vet. The Packers have the best receiving group in the NFL, I can't think of anybody who is as deep.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Not to mention whenever he does seem to grab a pass he juggles it for the first few steps....

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jonesy has been frustrating since he fumbled the ball against the Bears if you remember. He kind of just takes his time getting out of bounds and has the ball in the wrong hand. Holly crap, did he think that he was in High School? I get the feeling that he thinks that he is a hot shot because he is in the NFL and he just doesn't take every play seriously. You are getting paid millions, catch the ball and take care of it.

Reaction score
I like JJ but I don't think he has the hands of a Jordy Nelson, I think JN surpasses him this offseason. I know you are gonna point to the fumble this game, but it didn't cost them the game like JJ's did.
I would just like to ask those who posted earlier this week about getting rid of DD what they think now? The old man has some talent after all hey?
Amazing grabs by the vet. The Packers have the best receiving group in the NFL, I can't think of anybody who is as deep.

If the packers didn't dominate so bad it probably would of cost us the game. The fumble kept the Giants in that game for the first half.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I think we should grab a big bodied, consistent handed receiver this year in the draft, no earlier than the 3rd round if any are still available. We don't need anyone fast, just someone big and consistent who can run routes well and can be used on all downs. As long as we aren't picky on speed, we can get a good deal. I'm thinking along the lines of Sidney Rice or Miles Austin even.

I'm just not sold on Jones. He's not consistent and he doesnt seem to care. Couple this with the fact that DD is gettin old, and suddenly our deep receiving corps is looking a bit more shallow.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
If the packers didn't dominate so bad it probably would of cost us the game. The fumble kept the Giants in that game for the first half.
So you're saying if our team wasn't the Green Bay Packers it would have mattered, but they ARE the Green Bay Packers and it didn't cost us the game right?
I guess if we wanted to string this out a bit, if a one yard run were a touchdown we'd be in it right?
I mean each play stands on it's own, Jordy reached to make a first down, it wasn't like he was slinging the ball around with abandon.
By your math Jordy Nelson cost us the game but yet the team persevered. And BTW they didn't dominate the whole game, it turned into a laugher in the final quarter.

Members online

Latest posts