Reality Check

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK, it's time for a reality check. 2 losses in 20 some games is not a bad record, even though the last one came with poor timing. This was a great and exciting season to be a Packer fan. Our ranks seem to be expanding, as is Lambeau.

41 guys on this squad are under 25 years of age. Aaron Rodgers is still a dynamic high caliber quarterback. This team will improve on defense. When it's at the bottom there is no place else to go but up. Oddsmakers are picking the Packers for the 2013 Super Bowl. There are exciting prospects coming up from the college ranks to add to an already young team. The players will now come back in the spring with an ugly feeling from the loss that they will want to purge big time.

Here's to great new season in 2012! So suck it up. Stop crying. And stay thirsty my friends.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, it's time for a reality check. 2 losses in 20 some games is not a bad record, even though the last one came with poor timing. This was a great and exciting season to be a Packer fan. Our ranks seem to be expanding, as is Lambeau.

41 guys on this squad are under 25 years of age. Aaron Rodgers is still a dynamic high caliber quarterback. This team will improve on defense. When it's at the bottom there is no place else to go but up. Oddsmakers are picking the Packers for the 2013 Super Bowl. There are exciting prospects coming up from the college ranks to add to an already young team. The players will now come back in the spring with an ugly feeling from the loss that they will want to purge big time.

Here's to great new season in 2012! So suck it up. Stop crying. And stay thirsty my friends.
Good post and I agree that it was a great season.
Which is why it's hard to get over this loss for me just yet.
I expected this team to win another SB.
It sucks that there is no Packers football this weekend.

There is no way to go but up for this team.
They won't be like the Browns. Losers year after year after year.
The Pack will address all the issues in the off season and improve.
Only why didn't they take care of the problems during the season or enough so that they could have beat the Giants on defense?

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with many of your points, but football is all about the post-season, that's the reality. Sure it's fun to watch an explosive team win throughout the year, but when it matters most is when we should be winning. If a football team consistently has a winning record yet can't make it into the playoffs, they are not a good football team no matter how good they were in the regular season.

Now I don't think that about our squad, I just think not having a pass rush did us in and our receivers had a tough day, all correctable. Our team as a whole is dominant in more ways than most teams could ever hope to be, and with that I am very hopeful this team is a super bowl favorite for at least the next 5 years, if not 10 years.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
As I look at it, the Packers are going to be the Patriots of last decade. We may make mistakes and what not but we are going to make it into the playoffs for years. We had a horrible day for an off game and now that it happened they team knows to be prepared for it. If you think of the past 3 years for the Packers in the playoffs, one was close but no cigar, one was went all the way, and the last is we slipped on a friggin banana peal. We are still the top of the NFC North and top of the NFC.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
The recent loss was a real blow; to the fans but even more so for the team and coaching staff. Let's hope it hurt so badly that it will sear an image of pain in their minds and that they will never let it happen again. motivation perhaps?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You gotta be appreciative some what...They after all, did sweep the entire division for bragging rights over all 3 other teams in the North, and so far the Packers have a 4 game winning streak over the Vikings. When is the last time the Packers swept Minnesota in back to back seasons? That alone is the biggest laugh of the year, considering how they were always the troublesome team when I grew up.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest laugh of this year is that the Bears are hiring Tim Ruskall as GM and he is going to bury that team for the next 5 years if not longer. They can be ok next year but when the wheels fall off, which will be after next year at the latest they are going to be god awful for a very long time. They have zero depth at any position and all their good players are getting too old except for Jay. Ruskall is brutal at evaluating talent so their already bad depth will get even worse. The Vikings look to be equally as bad for a good while. The Lions and the Pack should be in the Playoffs every year for the next 5 years. The Lions though will run out of money when all their star's contracts come due.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the best part is watching Rodgers develop and grow, and this season was def. exciting as a packer fan going on a winning streak is always nice and something that most fans and players will never experience. It does suck that it ended so badly but at the end of the day, Rodgers is now offically a Top notch Q.B(In the Ranks of Brady and Brees), the team is young, our future looks bright.

Can't wait til next season.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's to Aaron Rodgers always having a winning post season record.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but off the top of me head, it's 4-2 isn't it?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Here's to Aaron Rodgers always having a winning post season record.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but off the top of me head, it's 4-2 isn't it?
You are right, and that legendary sweep last year was amazing. And think of this, we forgave Favre for all the post season mess ups, we can surely forgive Rodgers. Besides the issues are usually defense or dropped balls. (Stop thinking of it.)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Rodgers had a year for the ages. Won't be forgotten.

But, I got delusional at times this year. Defense still wins Championships. No D ranked this low has ever won it all.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bar is set high with the Packers. This is a franchise that twice won four (or five) championships in a decade. Thus to become satisfied with divisional championships is to again lower ourselves to the mediocrity of the 2000's. If the Packers fail to win it all in 2012, then the dynasty talk that we had after last year is dead. Instead we'll be talking about a team that hasn't proven that they're any greater than the one-off Favre championship team of the 90s. Vikings fans celebrate 15-1 years like they're Super Bowl championships. I don't consider this year to be any more successful than 2007.

In short, either the Packers fix their defense in 2012, or else they're just a nice team with a fun-to-watch offense that can't win when it matters.

Buc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a buccaneers fans, I am used to letdowns. After we won the SB in 02, everything kinda fell apart for this team. (seems to always happen right?) Although I think we've found a keeper in Freeman, we still have a lot of inexperience on this team. The downside of having a lot of young players.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, as I said earlier in some other thread, even Joe Montana (Rodger's childhood football idol) had a span of one or two years between winning his first two Super Bowls. Yes, I would have loved to repeat and had this team try and go for 3 in a row but it just wasn't in the cards.

I am still a bit somber over the loss to the Giants. I even hopped on Madden and beat the **** outta the Giants just to relieve some anger. Then Madden started pissing me off when it would get cheap...which didn't help but just refire the feeling I had last Sunday.

Anyways, I fully believe the Pack will be back for 2012 season! Super Bowl XLVII will be as good as ours. I think we will def win the NFC North again and this time do it right. Make good use of our first round bye and not squander home field advantage.

GO PACK GO!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
i agree, he adds nothing positive to the conversation, he needs to go. Here we are being cool about things that happened this season and despite losing, someone wants to rub more salt in the wound.

Reading all the NY trash, I just pray the 49ers beat the living dog **** out of them like they used to do to teams in the NFC Championship games hosted at Candlestick. I'll get a kick out of a beat down.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have'nt played Madden in a long time, but I remember when I did the CPU would find a way to make a Hail Mary Touchdown with like 2 mins. left in the game or something like that, always pissed me off.

Well, as I said earlier in some other thread, even Joe Montana (Rodger's childhood football idol) had a span of one or two years between winning his first two Super Bowls. Yes, I would have loved to repeat and had this team try and go for 3 in a row but it just wasn't in the cards.

I am still a bit somber over the loss to the Giants. I even hopped on Madden and beat the **** outta the Giants just to relieve some anger. Then Madden started pissing me off when it would get cheap...which didn't help but just refire the feeling I had last Sunday.

Anyways, I fully believe the Pack will be back for 2012 season! Super Bowl XLVII will be as good as ours. I think we will def win the NFC North again and this time do it right. Make good use of our first round bye and not squander home field advantage.

GO PACK GO!

N

NYgiants1411

i agree, he adds nothing positive to the conversation, he needs to go. Here we are being cool about things that happened this season and despite losing, someone wants to rub more salt in the wound.

Reading all the NY trash, I just pray the 49ers beat the living dog **** out of them like they used to do to teams in the NFC Championship games hosted at Candlestick. I'll get a kick out of a beat down.

Can't imagine them beating us in my dreams.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its Pathetic, I mean NY is probably gonna play the most important game of the season tommorrow and instead of getting psyched about the game, they are on here talking smack. Either was even if they do win tommorow, the Pats are gonna stomp them into Oblivion at the Superbowl infront of Millions of people. I kinda hope the Little Giants go to the Superbowl so the Pats can humiliate them on a national scale.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
And they don't want us to stereo type new yorkers, but the best impression I have is how they try to compete with Dallas and Philly for most negative sports fans. You think those Cowboy fans are bad when they are winning? Someone that also has blue competes with them.

If the Giants make the Super Bowl, I hope Baltimore butchers them to pieces like they did a decade ago. Ed Reed wants a ring, and this is the year.

I didn't hear the new yorkers rambling on when the Saints beat their *** this year, I wish the NFC Championship was in New Orleans, cause they'd really shut their mouths again with a 40 point blow out.

Members online

Latest posts