*READS* Regarding the decisions of our FAs and Rodgers in the Pro Bowl

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Must reads IMHO.

The first is a piece of Bedard with Ted Thompson quotes about the 13 Packers FAs and what will probably be made about them: Pack may not keep all 13 free agents - JSOnline

The latter is Aaron Rodgers' diary in the pro bowl: Packers.com » News » Stories » January 27, 2010: Aaron Rodgers Pro Bowl Diary

-

Regarding Bedard's piece, Thompson must be crazy to evaluate Clifton as "insurance" and to intend offer just a low deal to Tauscher and let Giacomini compete for the job.

From my understanding, Clifton is done. Also, Tauscher still can play, he was as good as ever the last couple years, though he can't play the whole season (neither can Clifton). And Giacomoni is just terrible at the job. He's stiff, he's slow, he's weak.

The rest of the moves I agree.

charlotte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wish I had read this first. Just referenced the diary at the Packers site in the "Where's Rodgers" thread. Sorry!

I also read that article by Bedard. And, frankly, can't really find much wrong with it except the need to resign Cliffy. Love the guy to death, but let's face it, he is now more hurt than not.

But TT's reasoning may be the overall improvement Tausch brought when he came back - the improvement mainly coming from, not just his playing, but his game experience. He is, afterall, considered to be one of the most intelligent and prepared players at the position. I believe the same is said about Clifton, hence the urgency? Just guessing here.

Regarding Taush...for the above reason, and because he will be more than a full year removed from the surgery, I think it's smart to retain him as well.

Not surprised about the lack of urgency directed towards Bigby, tho. Another guy, although we love his hard hits, but he just can't stay well.

What does surprise me is the almost no mention of Collins. What's up with that? Is TT being contrary towards a player he may think is demanding too much?

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Collins isn't a FA... He'll first adress FAs, then extend contracts. Unless there's a great deal for the Packers (Rodgers).

From what I understand, the new rule states Restricted FA's must play 6 years in the NFL before they can be moved. This is Collins 5th year, so we can almost guarantee he won't be playing anywhere besides Green Bay in 2010. Now, as the article said the Packers will have to pay him 110% of last years salary if they don't resign him long term. I think he deserves a nice extension, he is a great player, and would love to see him for some more years as a Packer.

Members online

Latest posts