RE: Top 10 Cornerback thread (oops)

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry folks.

i deleted the shadow topic in the Packer forum and it deleted the real one as well.

apologies to everybody involved that put some thought into their posts.

once again, sorry guys!

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
thanks arrow! Actually its not really a big deal
well this is what i was going to post if anyone still cares (some parts might not make sence w/o the other posts)

no offence Joker but you listed McGee and not Al Harris that is stupid. I am live in Western NEw York and am a Bills fan after the PAckers and Terrence McGee is no top 20 CB or howevermany you had. How can you say he is better than Al Harris? McGee is a great returner and an okay CB making him a pretty valuable player but not top 20 CB good.

Here is my list but don't bash me if they are horrible because i am co CB genius:
1.Champ Bailey
2. Ty Law
3. Patrick Surtain
4. Nate Clements
5. Chris McAilister
6. Antoine Winfield
7. Marcus Trufant
8. Dre Bly
9. Ronde Barber
10. DeAngelo Hall

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats a second thread deleted by mods for no good reason within a couple of weeks....

tsk tsk tsk tsk

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not bashing u but Ty Law is no longer the second best CB. If he was dont you think he would have a job?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Champ Bailey
2. Nate Clements
3. Chris McAlister
4. Ronde Barber (very underrated)
5. DeAngelo Hall (solid and has upside)
6. Antoine Winfield
7. Patrick Surtain
8. Dre Bly
9. Al Harris
10. Dunta Robinson

Honorable Mentions: Ty Law, Ken Lucas, Lito Sheppard, Chris Gamble (great upside), Shawn Springs, and Terrance Newman.

That's off the top of my head so sorry if I missed anyone.

Edit: I think Woodson falls in the top 20 somewhere.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said he was better, Tom, and I even made it clear I didn't rank any of them.

Thank you for paying attention, and thank you arrow for deleting every thread I attempt to post on. I'm out.

Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
sorry folks.

i deleted the shadow topic in the Packer forum and it deleted the real one as well.

apologies to everybody involved that put some thought into their posts.

once again, sorry guys!

AHHHH, honestly you good for nothing mod, can't you do anything right? :p

lol don't worry arrow, ish happens. :)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will post mine again. No big deal Arrow.

1. Bailey
2. Clements
3. Ty Law
4. Surtain
5. DeAngelo Hall
6. Chris McAlister
7. Winfield
8. Harris
9. Robinson
10 Marcus Trufant

I missed Jokers list. Can anyone update me on what it looked like

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ty Law, in my opinion, is the most overrated corner in the league. Out of his 10 interceptions, about 7 of them were gifts that fell right into his lap. I also recall him getting beat quite a few times. There's a reason why no one is paying this guy the 10 mill a year he's asking for

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
You mod's really mess up a lot lol (hehe :p)

Props for owning up to it and taking responsability when you do not have to!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
subin said:
Ty Law, in my opinion, is the most overrated corner in the league. Out of his 10 interceptions, about 7 of them were gifts that fell right into his lap. I also recall him getting beat quite a few times. There's a reason why no one is paying this guy the 10 mill a year he's asking for

I agree 100% He used to be amazing, but isn't anymore. It seems like last year he got burned way more than he did anything good. He got a bunch of interceptions that didn't really matter in the long run because the team was awful and he seems to feel that interceptions are more important than covering your guy. I would rather have a corner that can shut down the reciever he is up against and have no interceptions than a corner that gets a bunch of interceptions but gets beat on a very regular basis.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You better get used to this guy for the next ten year or so.
In his first two seasons he has 13 picks. That is one less than Al Harris has in 8 seasons.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Nathan Vasher

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are getting a ton of picks you are usually giving up a ton of TD's after your first couple years. QB's don't throw much to receivers covered by real shut down corners. My guess is if Vasher is the real deal (and I'm not saying he isn't) his ints will drop off significantly.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He left the Bears facility pissed about the Bears not re-doing his contract. Watch the guy have a fallout with the Bears this year and be the next holdout (a la Mike McKenzie)...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
If you are getting a ton of picks you are usually giving up a ton of TD's after your first couple years. QB's don't throw much to receivers covered by real shut down corners. My guess is if Vasher is the real deal (and I'm not saying he isn't) his ints will drop off significantly.

GOOD POINT!

Couldn't have said it better mah self!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero....check that last post. That was me, DePack. Careful.......you keep saying things like you'll be crossing over into the darkside.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero....check that last post. That was me, DePack. Careful.......you keep saying things like you'll be crossing over into the darkside.

LoL Nah No worries bro. You had a good point. I tell it how it is, simple is at that. Some can handle it, some can't. :)

oh btw i AM the darkside :p

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
In his first two seasons he has 13 picks. That is one less than Al Harris has in 8 seasons.

Nathan Vasher

Phil, I was going to post the same thing. They can call it Bears fan homerism, but in my opinion Vasher has all the potential to be one of the best ever. :D

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
NDPackerFan said:
He left the Bears facility pissed about the Bears not re-doing his contract. Watch the guy have a fallout with the Bears this year and be the next holdout (a la Mike McKenzie)...

:pray:

LOL, It won't happen, he's only missed some "Voluntary" workouts, no big deal. :wink:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerSacker54 said:
Philtration said:

Nathan Vasher

Phil, I was going to post the same thing. They can call it Bears fan homerism, but in my opinion Vasher has all the potential to be one of the best ever. :D

I also like Vasher. I don't think he'll be one of the best ever (Darrell Green, Deion Sanders type) but I think he'll be great. I thought he was a steal in round 4 when he was picked. I loved him at Texas. So underrated entering the Draft. Great pick by the Bears and it's showing.

Members online

Latest posts