RB Situation

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We neeeeeeeeeeedddddddddd to add a RB, if we had a running game this year we would be unstopable!
either trade to get one or sign one but we need to get one!!!!

late in the year when our young guys will get tired of the long season, we will need a vet or a pari of fresh legs.

what do you thing?

and dont say wait and draft one next year!
bret in not getting younger!

OP
OP
S

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and yet it still remains a problem! not going away if we dont talk about it

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sbp_387 said:
Our talking about it won't matter a hill of beans.........it's the Packers that have to start discussing it.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sbp_387 said:

Its still not going to go away if we DO talk about it. WE have nothing to do with the Packers decision makers.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say I DO think Wynn is our best back. But for God's sake man, GROW A PAIR!!!!! I know it's easy for me to say sitting here in my computer chair, but as much as I like his positives, that ****** he's holding between his legs needs to be changed in a BAD WAY!!!!!

ttsather

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sbp_387 said:

And the question still remains: Who could we pick up that would have a bigger impact than Wynn/BJax/Morency?

A mid-season player for player trade is unlikely and would be a month away from any real impact while the RB learns the system.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have the wimpiest running backs in the league. I cannot imagine Jim Taylor or Paul Hornung coming out of the game because their hand hurt. I said this in another post, but running the ball is about attitude and technique. If you block and run to daylight, you're going to gain some yardage. We're not blocking and we're not running the ball hard. It really is that simple.

Reaction score
Who is out there on the trade block that can come in and gain 75 yards rushing per game? Tatum Bell... yeah he's on the Lions.

Who is out there on the street that can come in and gain 75 yards rushing per game? Corey Dillon? Yeah not sure how much he'd have left in the tank.

The time it would take to get an understanding of the Packers O scheme would basically greatly limit the impact any outside RB brought in to our team would have on our team this season.

We have to find a way to run the ball with what we have.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chances are if we're bringing in a running back via free agency in the middle of October we're not going to see much improvement in our running game anyways when they get here.

Maybe if we had offensive lineman that could run block then we'd be in business.

Reaction score
I think you bring up a good point about our o-linemen not being big enough to block the huge DT's that we go up against.

Also let's keep things in perspective: So far this season the Packers have faced run Ds that are in the top half of the league in run defense (I think the worst we've faced was ranked 13th).

If we can't run against some of the weaker Run Ds in the league, then its time to panic.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
If we can't run against some of the weaker Run Ds in the league, then its time to panic.

I agree we have faced some top notch rushing D's thus far. The Broncos game should be the true test of that theory. :pop:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
sbp_387 said:
and if we talk about it Ted is gonna read the forum and THEN mortgage some of the future away?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you bring up a good point about our o-linemen not being big enough to block the huge DT's that we go up against.

Also let's keep things in perspective: So far this season the Packers have faced run Ds that are in the top half of the league in run defense (I think the worst we've faced was ranked 13th).

I don't think size is a problem. I think it has more to do with their ability to run block. They can't execute the zone blocking very well. The biggest problem I see with them is they don't get to the next level and block any linebackers. Chicago is a text book example. Lance Briggs was all over the place because GB couldn't block him.

This is something they absolutely need to work during their off time until they play Denver.

Denver is awful at stopping the run too.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I don't think size is a problem. I think it has more to do with their ability to run block. They can't execute the zone blocking very well. The biggest problem I see with them is they don't get to the next level and block any linebackers. Chicago is a text book example. Lance Briggs was all over the place because GB couldn't block him.

This is something they absolutely need to work during their off time until they play Denver.

Denver is awful at stopping the run too.

Minnesota ranked 2, 66 yards per game

Washington ranked 6, 80 yards per game

Philly ranked 8, 90 yards per game

SD ranked 9, 93 yards per game

New york ranked 10, 95 yards per game

Denver is RANKED LAST 187 yards per game rushing

Those are D ranking vs the run, once again

PACKERS HAD 2 NEW O-L PLAYING TODAY

Reaction score
I don't think size is a problem. I think it has more to do with their ability to run block. They can't execute the zone blocking very well.

To be honest I wonder if the Gs are even trying to execute ZBS.

They don't cut block, and when they have had a couple of opportunities to go out and block a LB or S, they've whiffed pretty bad. It seems as if the Gs are essentially being asked to block the DTs one on one, and they are getting brutalized because they aren't physically able to compete with those bigger guys.

Also, we'll be facing a Chiefs Run D that is (or was until this week) statistically worse than Denver.

So we'll have two opportunities to get something going.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is out there on the trade block that can come in and gain 75 yards rushing per game? Tatum Bell... yeah he's on the Lions.

Who is out there on the street that can come in and gain 75 yards rushing per game? Corey Dillon? Yeah not sure how much he'd have left in the tank.

The time it would take to get an understanding of the Packers O scheme would basically greatly limit the impact any outside RB brought in to our team would have on our team this season.

We have to find a way to run the ball with what we have.

Corey Dillon wont come back why always bring him up he isn't coming back to the NFL.

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i tihnk if u put enough money at dillon he will come back for 1 more season Turner looks a lost case now cos hes almost running the ball better then l.t

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We NEEEEEEEDDDD an O-line!!

No back is going to look good behind this unit. After the season, there needs to be serious fdiscussion about the ZBS, and whether or not we can afford to keep it. Bottom line, there are more limemen who are proficient at the power gap scheme, than the ZBS, and we need to consider going back to that.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We NEEEEEEEDDDD an O-line!!

No back is going to look good behind this unit. After the season, there needs to be serious fdiscussion about the ZBS, and whether or not we can afford to keep it. Bottom line, there are more limemen who are proficient at the power gap scheme, than the ZBS, and we need to consider going back to that.

I agree 100%!!!!!!!! :joy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts