RB Ryan Grant

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant looks great

who is #2, i would really like to see what Jackson has to offer the Packers this year.

I read Jackson is healthy, and could have played the last two weeks, but MM did not activate Brandon.

Wynn seems to made from glass, i wish he could stay healthy.

jessefly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i had never heard of Grant until last night....i never really pay attention to the unknown Rbs but i think he'll win the spot because he def. impressed me. he was busting out moves and breaking through.

nleidigh319

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya he is definatly the starter he didnt give up on any plays and always got an extra couple yards. he would have got a touchdown also if there wasnt a penalty on our offence

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Brandon Jackson and Vernand Morency are both healthy. Between the two, only Morency is 'hurt', but he is able to play through it. From watching the game you can see Morency (as ive said many times) tip toe through the hole and doesn't break tackles.

Jackson at times hit the hole well, but doesn't break tackles.

Wynn is all around good, hits hole hard, breaks tackles BUT can't stay on the field.

Grant is good at hitting the hole, makes people miss and breaks tackles.

I don't know for sure, but I think Wynn was the better one at pass blocking/blitz pick up.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm definitely happy with how he played. He ran down hill and just looked like a bruiser out there.

With that said I'm still not sold on the running game. This is a good starting point for the Pack but we need to establish consistency and hopefully GB does that against the Chiefs. If they do that, then something might be brewing.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Atleast now the Packers have some of their OWN film to watch to see how blocking is supposed to be done lol

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think b jack will get some screen plays due to his agility but i wouldnt expect much out him for the remainder of the year, hes been a dissapointment for me so far

nleidigh319

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Jackson and Vernand Morency are both healthy. Between the two, only Morency is 'hurt', but he is able to play through it. From watching the game you can see Morency (as ive said many times) tip toe through the hole and doesn't break tackles.

Jackson at times hit the hole well, but doesn't break tackles.

Wynn is all around good, hits hole hard, breaks tackles BUT can't stay on the field.

Grant is good at hitting the hole, makes people miss and breaks tackles.

I don't know for sure, but I think Wynn was the better one at pass blocking/blitz pick up.

looking st this alone that makes grant the starter

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he didnt have as good of a performance as the broncos game.......but i thought he had several nice runs today against a stout front 7 of the chiefs.... i just wanted to see if everyone thought we took another step forward in the run game?

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that he was being looked at for a possible concussion. I hope he is okay.

oh **** i dont like the sounds of that....

hope he can go vs vikes, but a concussion...hes prob gonna be doubtful....man we might need to call cory dillon lol :)

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I didn't even hear about him being hurt during the game. I figured they put Jackson in there because he is more sure handed than Grant, lol.

From what I've been reading and hearing, he should be okay.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He certainly did nothing to lose the staring job yesterday, I think he was around 100 total yards and he looked confident running the ball.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im glad Grant is our starting RB, hes a hard hitter and he finishes plays. We just have to open up somemore holes for him to get through. But I would take Grant over the rest of our RB's anydays. IMO that is.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant is definitely the starter for now, and possibly the rest of the season. Morency and Jackson have pretty much shown nothing so far this season to take the job away from him. My only knock against Grant is the fact he has had some trouble with ball exchanges from Brett. This is stuff that can be addressed in practice however.

That being said though, RB is still a position GB needs to address in the off-season, via either the draft or free agency.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know... 55 yards? That's not gonna take much workload off of Brett and the receivers.

I'm still pessimistic about this run game. 104 yards against Broncos and now 55 against KC isn't really comforting in my book.

That said, I still like Grant and his work ethic. I just hope he comes through(and is healthy on sunday).

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone reckon we should try get an out and out Bruiser back and see how he goes in this system. A Reuben Droughns or TJ Duckett type who could just run and punish defenders. The skippy jumpy types like Morency and Jackon arent working.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know... 55 yards? That's not gonna take much workload off of Brett and the receivers.

I'm still pessimistic about this run game. 104 yards against Broncos and now 55 against KC isn't really comforting in my book.

That said, I still like Grant and his work ethic. I just hope he comes through(and is healthy on sunday).

Grant left in the 4th q with his concussion

He probably would have had about 5 more carries 9 Jackson had those carries instead)

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone reckon we should try get an out and out Bruiser back and see how he goes in this system. A Reuben Droughns or TJ Duckett type who could just run and punish defenders. The skippy jumpy types like Morency and Jackon arent working.

Seriously, it would make sense. Both of them have played with in the ZBS.

Duckett is a step too slow though.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sangill said:

Grant left in the 4th q with his concussion

He probably would have had about 5 more carries 9 Jackson had those carries instead)

True enough. Forgot about that.

Edit: typo

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
both those guys are washed up...but a big back would be nice

Yah thats true but i'd like to see a player in their mold, any of you Draftnicks know of coming out of college?

Members online

Latest posts