Randy Moss ...

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some insanity is creeping in here.

1. Randy Moss is a terrible influence for destruction and his selfishness should not be injected into the Packers.

2. Randy Moss is not a good player.
a) He does not catch passes between the numbers. His stopping on routes and shortarming is finally alarming the Raiders. They knew this before they traded for him.

b) Moss runs only sideline routes where he can hook back to the QB or have a jump ball catch against small DB's. He cannot handle contact.

3. He is not worth a minimum contract.

Now Porter, the other Raider receiver that may get released, he is far more valuable than a one trick pony.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
If TT were to get Moss and Tony Gonzalez next year he wouldn't need to do much to improve the Defense...

The Packers would score so many frickin' points they'd be untouchable....

:beer: :mug: :pals: :chug: :puke:

Yeah and that has worked real well for the Colts.

You need a Defense to win a Championship.

lol

I doubt they would trade him for a 3rd rounder. Thats just insanity. Not the first time a report like this has been way off.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I thought the Packers HAD a defense...

(Read the post a few down from this one..! :thumbsup: )

I was kind of kidding.

With all of the cap room it is a possibility that TT could aquire Moss, Gonzalez, and have enough left to tweak the defense with some safety and D-line help, as well as take care of Harris...

Don't be so literal....

Packers have holes all over the place and Thompson isn't going to spend all the money this year. In fact that would be insane considering the free agent talent isn't all that great this year.

I'm not really seeing where I said they have a defense. What someone else thinks about the D has 0 effect on what I think about it. Right now the D is playing good and their are some key players in place but it's far from a finish product.

OP
OP
K

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
moss is a good WR ... plain and simple ... he just deosn't have a quarterback that can get him some passes ... anyways chances are his going to end up in atlanta ... weren't their like talks vick and moss ...???

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Insanity is thinking a rookie WR is going to have a big impact next year. We got a good one in Jennings this year, and look how he has fizzled the last half of the season.
Jennings has played well above the level of most rookie wr's who are trying to learn the WCO, but it has been proven year in and year out that it takes 2-3(more likely 3) years for a receiver to make an impact.

Moss is a veteran worth looking at, Chris Carter kept him in check while he was at Minny, all Moss needs is someone to keep him in th right state of mind, with the respect he has for Brett, I believe he would as someone else said, do everything he could to revive his career while catching passes from Brett.

I know some of you just hate the thought of Brett coming back next year, but if TT made a run at Moss it would show Brett that TT is serious about getting the right pieces in place to make a deep run into the play-offs next year.

Heck, who knows, if the chips fall right this weekend, the defense keeps playing at the level they are, and Brett and the offence gets hot, making a deep run into the play-offs could happen this year which would make Moss even more interested in coming to Green Bay.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Insanity is thinking a rookie WR is going to have a big impact next year. We got a good one in Jennings this year, and look how he has fizzled the last half of the season.
Jennings has played well above the level of most rookie wr's who are trying to learn the WCO, but it has been proven year in and year out that it takes 2-3(more likely 3) years for a receiver to make an impact.

Moss is a veteran worth looking at, Chris Carter kept him in check while he was at Minny, all Moss needs is someone to keep him in th right state of mind, with the respect he has for Brett, I believe he would as someone else said, do everything he could to revive his career while catching passes from Brett.

I know some of you just hate the thought of Brett coming back next year, but if TT made a run at Moss it would show Brett that TT is serious about getting the right pieces in place to make a deep run into the play-offs next year.

Heck, who knows, if the chips fall right this weekend, the defense keeps playing at the level they are, and Brett and the offence gets hot, making a deep run into the play-offs could happen this year which would make Moss even more interested in coming to Green Bay.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Excellent post!

Couldn't agree more...it does generally take a rookie 2-3 years to develop within a system...(look at Javon Walker and Donald Driver's first couple of years and it bears that out..)

Also..Jennings has hit the rookie wall.

There are some exceptions like Colston in New Orleans...but in general, it usually takes a rookie WR some time to develop.

That's why it would behoove TT to sign an impact WR in FA...imo... :thumbsup:

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if Ted Thompson sticks to his word about wanting to rebuild the Packers via the draft.

Pickett and Woodson panned out pretty well so maybe TT will go back to FA.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cliff said...

It will be interesting to see if Ted Thompson sticks to his word about wanting to rebuild the Packers via the draft.

Pickett and Woodson panned out pretty well so maybe TT will go back to FA

I think it would be kind of a narrow view and to his detriment if TT relied almost exclusively on the draft to build this team.

Even New England, everybody's favorite tightwads, have used FA fairly liberally to suit their needs. And Ron Wolf used it to build a SB team in GB in the 90's.....so if TT didn't participate in FA to a certain degree, it really would be negligence on his part as the GM of the GB Packers.

I'm trying to have faith that he will use FA in a responsible manner next year!

Go Pack Go...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What if he trades for Moss and then Favre retires? Who on this team can control Moss. Now their is a chance that getting Moss will bring Favre back easy but their is still a chance Favre would retire no matter what. We don't know what he's thinking. I think Green Bay needs Favre to lure Moss here instead of vice versa. Translation: Favre needs to make a quick decision for this type of deal to happen.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is that a guarantee Porky...from TT?

Favre wanted to come back last year, but TT was apparently tight lipped about his plans regarding this Packer team and how he was going to build it...exclusively through the draft, or was he going to get some weapons for Favre so that he could compete this year...???

It works both ways. Communication is a two way street. And if you remember, TT wasn't exactly forthcoming with information to Favre at least regarding his plans for him and the Green Bay Packers....!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Is that a guarantee Porky...from TT?

Favre wanted to come back last year, but TT was apparently tight lipped about his plans regarding this Packer team and how he was going to build it...exclusively through the draft, or was he going to get some weapons for Favre so that he could compete this year...???

It works both ways. Communication is a two way street. And if you remember, TT wasn't exactly forthcoming with information to Favre at least regarding his plans for him and the Green Bay Packers....!

Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy did pay a visit or two to Favre so it's not as if they weren't talking. Also do you really think marquee free agents are going to want to come here with an uncertain starter at QB (Aaron Rodgers) Chances of Randy Moss okaying a trade to Green Bay without Favre are very slim. I bet he wouldn't want to play here. Now if Favre is back, Moss and others might see Green Bay as a good place to play. While I had no problem with Favre taking his time. In a trade like this, you need to know if your clear cut leader is coming back because if he wasn't then Randy Moss is a huge risk probably not worth taking with Rodgers at Qb.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I agree. But I feel that TT, MM and Favre have to all get on the same page quickly...

I seem to remember Favre saying at very late date last year that he wasn't sure if the Packers wanted him back or not. (Hell..he said that this year already too!)

That has to be worked out on all sides soon after this season!

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys think this is a Moss debate, you should see what is going on at a certain Viking Forum (that is rather purple).

Two definte camps there.
I myself would not like to see Moss come back to Minnesota.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I agree. But I feel that TT, MM and Favre have to all get on the same page quickly...

I seem to remember saying at very late date last year that he wasn't sure if the Packers wanted him back or not.

Brett will have the ankle surgery as soon as the season is over for them..

He will then see how it goes for rehab talk it over with his family and go from there..

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These guys.. Moss, TO, "Ocho Cinco" - they act the way they do because they get rewarded for it. They get the press, they get the contracts, they sell merchandise. And when the chips are down and they aren't getting balls, they've learned how to keep themselves in the headlines - by sowing discourse.

Don't lump Chad Johnson in with those two. That's wickedly unfair. Chad Johnson is a great teammate, never has off the field troubles and plays his *** of on Sundays.

So what if he talks a little trash? The dude is hilarious. Did you see how crushed he was after the loss to Denver? He cares about the TEAM; Moss and TO do not.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

I seem to remember saying at very late date last year that he wasn't sure if the Packers wanted him back or not.

He will then see how it goes for rehab talk it over with his family and go from there..

Is that, by chance, coming from a certain insider from another forum that likes airplanes? :thumbsup:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
P@ck66 said:

Is that, by chance, coming from a certain insider from another forum that likes airplanes? :thumbsup:

Yup...in fact seen him thursday, got to meet Winters and Santana...Had a great time

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good call yared about ocho cinco.

hes just straight up the man. not the best of those three receivers though either.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say give him a chance, because of the fact that he is a very good receiver. It is also a risk because of his problems but think of it, the Pack took a chance by taking K-Rob and that worked pretty well so I'm thinking take him.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys think this is a Moss debate, you should see what is going on at a certain Viking Forum (that is rather purple).

Two definte camps there.

I have a feeling that whether this is a bad/good/great potential move or not; we will never know vikesrule as I just don't see TT as the type of GM that would take this chance for a couple of reasons.

I am curious however as to what your reasons are over in Viking Land for not wanting him back ?

Post Note - I don't think this would be a good move for you guys for my own reasons but would like to know what you think. Cheers !!!

IronBMike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would looooooooove to see Moss here in GB with Driver...and watch him torch Minny 2x a year :jumpflame: :twisted:

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Don't lump Chad Johnson in with those two. That's wickedly unfair. Chad Johnson is a great teammate, never has off the field troubles and plays his *** of on Sundays.

So what if he talks a little trash? The dude is hilarious. Did you see how crushed he was after the loss to Denver? He cares about the TEAM; Moss and TO do not.

Oh, please. What, so you must have Chad Johnson on your fantasy football team - and that makes him different from Moss and TO? He's been the same dude for years and we've all heard his quotes. He might as well be Keyshawn "Give me the damn ball" Johnson - only much more talented. And that is the whole thing - the kid's got talent. So does Moss, so does TO.

I like all of them (to some degree), for the record. They have their flaws, but believe you me, they are working the system and using every bit of publicity to their advantage. And each of them have serious skills. I will say that I think Chad Johnson is making the most of his talent, moreso than both Moss and TO. But we've seen what those guys can do. They are all in the same league.

They can be playmakers and score points. Might annoy some people along the way.

Nuff said. ;)

EDIT: Actually, I've decided to accept the obvious: TO does go beyond just an annoyance factor. Let's be honest, he truly is a bad teammate, I wouldn't want him on my squad. That's a shame because he really can bust some awesome plays. What a waste of talent.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:

Two definte camps there.

I have a feeling that whether this is a bad/good/great potential move or not; we will never know vikesrule as I just don't see TT as the type of GM that would take this chance for a couple of reasons.

I am curious however as to what your reasons are over in Viking Land for not wanting him back ?

Post Note - I don't think this would be a good move for you guys for my own reasons but would like to know what you think. Cheers !!!

Well WPF, first off there are many in Viking land that would like Moss back. I would say that it is probably running ove 50%

There are positives and negativess to this debate.

On the plus side:
Our WR corps is woefully inadequate, and Moss is an outstanding WR
(his record with the Raiders not included)
He would be a huge box office draw, and money talks.

On the minus side:
Childress has zero tolerance for players who disagree
(not that I am a huge Chilly fan at this point)
He is injury prone, and getting older.

Then there is the whole Moss/Culpepper thing. i.e. Moss made Culpepper or Culpepper made Moss.
Either way, neither one of them has done well since they went their seperate ways.

The biggest problem with Moss is his attitude. He has always been and still is a "me" first player. See the quote below from just last month

Nov. 13, 2006
...Randy Moss gave a reason for why he has dropped so many passes this year. "Maybe because I'm unhappy and I'm not too excited about what's going on, so my concentration and focus level tends to go down sometimes when I'm in a bad mood. So all I can say is that if you put me in a good situation and make me happy, man, you get good results," said Moss.

It is interesting how rumors start flying when you get close to post-season and your team has not performed well.

Members online

Latest posts