Randy Moss?

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Report: Vikings waive Randy Moss

Randy Moss' bizarre press conference Sunday night wound up being his farewell to the Minnesota Vikings. It's safe to say this time is for good.NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports that the Vikings waived Moss on Monday. At his Monday press...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with driver being hobbled and finnley out for the season...i would love for the Packers to get hime for the rest of this season only......

how funny would that be if TT picks up Moss without Favre, just to stick it 2 him.....

with or without him........GO PACK

:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we shouldnt even think about adding that wash-up to the team. he deserves the vikings, they both suck.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Watch Moss's press conference from last night and you will see why people don't want him... He completely disrespected the Vikings and clearly gave up on an obvious play last night which he had the catch easily... He's a cancer. Don't want him.

............................... and it's hilarious.

Rodger's Title Belt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO THANKYOU. I'd rather have Swain than that headcase. This 2010 Viking team has to be the most newsworthy 2-5 team...EVER. Let me say once again how enthusiastic I am that we sent the grey-haired sexter on his way as well. The Vikes deserve everything their getting right now. Please don't let it end baby Jesus.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we want him? **** NO!, with a capital F! Certainly not for the balance of his contract, which any team claiming him will have to pick up.

Dude half-assed it in NE, then half-assed it again in Minnesota. What makes anyone think he wouldn't do the same thing here? Jim Mora just said it best: "He's always had 'Questionable Effort.'

The ONLY way I would take him is if A) It were only for the remainder of the season and B) he cleared waivers so we could negotiate a bit. That would force Minnesota to eat the rest of his contract, allow him to double dip for the balance of the season and would let us get him cheap. but I'd worry about locker room cohesion.. That guy can blow up a locker room like no other.

BTW, waivers work by letting all the teams who want a guy that's been released put in a claim for him with him going to the team with the worst record.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I merged 4 effing topics to one

BE smart news this big is going to be posted fellas

Now

Who ever takes him on is for FREE

Minny is on the hook for his salary this year

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Randy probably will sit out the rest of the year than go to the Bills. Child please.

Glad we never signed this nutcase.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Oh, and the Vikes lost a 3rd round pick for absolutely NOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Wow. 4 games for a 3rd round pick. Vikings got bent over the table. Couldn't have happened to a nicer team.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he sits out, he risks being low balled next season. If he wants that big contract, it's probably better for him to go somewhere and step up.

Already hearing rumors of several teams that are interested. Seattle, Dallas, Chicago, Miami, Oakland, KC, the Jets, and yes, even the Patriots if he clears waivers.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and the Vikes lost a 3rd round pick for absolutely NOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Wow. 4 games for a 3rd round pick. Vikings got bent over the table. Couldn't have happened to a nicer team.

Yup. This is why you don't make knee jerk reactions when it comes to trades and free agents. Just because a guy was good on someone else's team doesn't mean he will be good on your team.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Those of you who think Moss would be good in Green Bay are drinking to much "Squaw ****". Rosenthal writes;

"Moss' declining skills seems to be getting short shrift in most analysis we've seen. The Patriots would not have traded him and the Vikings would not have cut Moss if he was close to the same guy he was three years ago, much less eight.

In half a season, Moss has 22 catches, 313 yards, and two touchdowns. Throws to him aren't efficient. He doesn't destroy double teams any more. He doesn't always give great effort, especially on throws inside the numbers. Moss has real value, but his skill set is increasingly limited.

He's a role player that requires the maintenance of a mercurial superstar."

In my opinion we have a guy who is twice the long receiver of Moss, already. His name is Greg Jennings. We need guys that can run the quick slants to take some of the heat off of DD until he heals up. That's all we need as far as receivers.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sportsradio 1250 out of Milwaukee said team that picks up Randy didnt have to pay a dime for him

So looked it up and it is about 3.4 Million

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those of you who think Moss would be good in Green Bay are drinking to much "Squaw ****". Rosenthal writes;

"Moss' declining skills seems to be getting short shrift in most analysis we've seen. The Patriots would not have traded him and the Vikings would not have cut Moss if he was close to the same guy he was three years ago, much less eight.

In half a season, Moss has 22 catches, 313 yards, and two touchdowns. Throws to him aren't efficient. He doesn't destroy double teams any more. He doesn't always give great effort, especially on throws inside the numbers. Moss has real value, but his skill set is increasingly limited.

In my opinion we have a guy who is twice the long receiver of Moss, already. His name is Greg Jennings. We need guys that can run the quick slants to take some of the heat off of DD until he heals up. That's all we need as far as receivers.

I largely agree with everything you posted, but I think he could be a benefit only in that he would open some lanes for Greg Jennings similar to what he did for Percy Harvin.

Beyond that, I don't consider him an upgrade. He still has talent, but he displays "selective effort" and can kill a locker room, though at this point I would expect him to be on his best behavior for the balance of the season.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could easily end up in Dallas or Chicago. At this point in his career I wouldnt want randy. It would be hilarious if he passes the waivers and ends up back in NE for free.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wonder how many Viqueen fans are wishing for the days where all they had to worry about was the "love boat"
:viksux:

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He could easily end up in Dallas or Chicago. At this point in his career I wouldn't want randy. It would be hilarious if he passes the waivers and ends up back in NE for free.

It makes no sense for Dallas to pick him up. They are 1-6 and lost Romo for the season.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A GOOD team with a good shot of making playoffs will take him

A bad team unless they are just stupid wont pick him up, cuz he is a free agent next year

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

I am in no way arguing that we pick him up, but his huge upside is that no matter how much talent he has or doesn't have, he consistently draws double coverage.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Moss as a Packer? HELLS NO

A) He'd never fall that far
B) He's a nutjob
C) He played like crap for the Vikes.
D) We don't need the media circus. Team is focused and winning again. Keep the players focused on winning.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts