Randy Moss?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Randy Moss' rambling Patriots love fest: the complete transcript | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities | Radio home of the Minnesota Twins

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The moment Randy Moss announced to a gang of reporters in the locker room that he planned to speak at the podium, a buzz began to circulate that something wild was about to happen.
Moss didn't disappointment.

During a rambling 5-minute monologue shortly after the Minnesota Vikings' 28-18 loss to his old team, the enigmatic receiver announced he wouldn't answer another question from a reporter this season, implied that coaches didn't heed his game-planning advice and all but begged the New England Patriots to re-sign him in the offseason.

Moss finished with one catch for 8 yards in his first game at Gillette Stadium since the Patriots traded him for a third-round draft pick on Oct. 6. He officially was targeted twice, although Brett Favre simply was throwing the other ball out of the end zone.

The Patriots made sure to limit his impact, playing safety Brandon Meriweather deep over the top on Moss' side of the field on almost every snap. And the ploy worked, not only shutting down Moss but frustrating him enough that he strode to the podium and unleashed the following:

"Well, I'm going to go ahead and start this thing off. I'm going to go ahead and say this. I feel like I said something a couple of weeks ago. Look, I got fined 25,000 dollars for not talking to you all, and me personally, I really don't care.

But at the same time, I do ... answer questions throughout the week, and for the league to fine me 25,000 dollars -- I'm not going to answer any more questions for the rest of this year. If it's going to be an interview, I'm going to conduct it. So, I'll answer my own questions, ask myself the questions and then give you all the answers. So, from here on out, I'm not answering any more questions for the rest of this season.
"Enough said of that. Now we get to the game. (deep breath) Trying, trying, trying to ... ah, let me hold it down.

All right. I really haven't had a chance to really talk to the guys, so this was no disrespect to the Minnesota Vikings and their organization.

The captains -- (Vince) Wilfork, Tommy Boy (Brady), (Jerod) Mayo. Am I forgetting somebody? Kevin Faulk.

Man, I miss them guys, man. I miss the team. It was hard for me to come here and play.

Been an up-and-down rollercoaster emotionally all week. And then to be able to come in here and see those guys running plays that I know what they're doing, and the success they had on the field, the running game -- so, I kind of know what kind of feeling they have in their locker room, man, and I just want to be able to tell the guys that I miss the hell out of them. Every last helmet in that locker room, man.

"I mean, Deion Branch came up to me after the game, and I've never really had a chance to meet Deion Branch, but it was definitely a pleasure to meet him. Coach(Bill) Belichick, he gave me an opportunity to be a part of something special, and that's something I really take to heart.

I actually salute Coach Belichick and his team for the success they've had before me, during me and after me. So, I'm actually stuck for words, just because the fact that -- man, this is just a lot of memories here.

"To the New England Patriots fans, that ovation at the end of the game -- that really felt heartwarming. I think I actually shedded a tear for that. But like I said, man, it's been an emotional rollercoaster this whole week. I tried to prepare. Tried to talk to the players and coaches about how this game was going to be played and a couple tendencies here, couple tendencies here.

The bad part about it -- you have six days to prepare for a team, and on the seventh day, that Sunday, meaning today, I guess they come over to me and say, 'Dag, Moss, you was right about a couple plays and a couple schemes they were going to run.' It hurts as a player that you put a lot of hard work in all week, and toward the end of the week, Sunday, when you get on the field, that's when they acknowledge about the hard work you put in throughout the week. That's actually a disappointment.

"I can't really say enough about this team, this organization. I met with Ms. Kraft before the game, because I really didn't have a chance to talk to her before I left, and I just thanked Ms. Kraft for the opportunity to let me be a part of something special. The New England Patriots has always been a special organization and I've always watched from afar, and when I got drafted by Minnesota (in 1998), and I think I said this a couple weeks ago, I felt obligated to try to bring a Super Bowl to Minnesota. And this season's still not over.

"Do I know what next season and the future's going to bring? No, I do not. But all I can say is, man, it's a lot of work that we leave on the field each day. It's a lot of film study that we leave in that room each day. I know how hard these guys work here in New England, and (all) that I really tried to do is take what the best coach in football history has brought upon me, or the knowledge that he's given me about the game of football, and I tried to just sprinkle it off to the guys the best way I know how.

"So, I'm going to go ahead and end this, this interview. I have my family to see. Definitely down that we lost this game, because I didn't really expect for us to lose this game knowing that we had a few things that we had to clean up. But like I said, they played a good game. I wish we could have had that three at the end of the half. Maybe could have been different, maybe not. ...

"I don't know how many more times I'm going to be up here in New England, but I'm going to leave the New England Patriots, Coach Belichick, man, with a salute, man. I love you guys, I miss you, I'm out."
Tom Pelissero is Senior Editor of 1500ESPN.com

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, they were so excited to have Moss come back to the Vikings. Sure doesn't sound like he's happy to be back there in Minnesota again.

Never read anything from a player like that before...ever. Very strange. Minnesota must be more of a mess then anybody realizes.

"If it's going to be an interview, I'm going to conduct it. So, I'll answer my own questions, ask myself the questions and then give you all the answers." - moss

That's bizarre.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Dont care b out the fans, what do the players think if it

SCHISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't sound like Moss wants to be back in Minnesota at all. Guess he knows he's just a temp until Rice gets back anyway.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Vikings or the Patriots players, LOL? The Vikings can't be happy with him running his mouth after a loss. Especially since they signed him thinking he was gonna help their team to a SB. Wrong! They thought he was done shooting off his mouth, wrong again. I think they got exactly what they deserved in Moss. There was a reason the Pack didn't sign him when they had the chance. Somebody showed some wisdom there. Now the Vikings are going to be dealing with possible mutiny within their ranks.

Comments like those are not good for team morale, especially with an ailing team. I see this situation ending badly and I saw it the moment the Vikings signed him. What I think is going to happen is these comments are going to alienate Moss from his teammates, he's gonna wonder why nobody want to throw him the ball or interact with him. He's gonna get madder and madder, start acting out and eventually demand to be traded. I see Chilly benching him some games for his conduct.

As for the Patriots, is this a guy they even want back on their team? There is a reason the Patriots were so eager to be rid of him. Look no further than those PC comments.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
And are people still pissed at TT for NOT bringing this guy into our locker room? We avoided one big problem and it also allowed us to get rid of another prima donna.

TT is a freaking GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

Here's some Vike fan responses:

This guy never changes. What a D-bag

The guy doesn't try. He doesn't play hard. He doesn't give up his body. He didn't even look like he wanted to play today. Of course, that's not much different than most days.

The ****** is making 8 figures. Doesn't matter who you play for. Be a professional and TRY for once!
I wish they'd cut this clown.

I dunno why. But this hurts a little.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Per Michael Lombardi of NFL Net on Twitter:
Filed to NFL net Moss waived
Childress told the team in meeting they waived Moss as Moss did not go back with the team to Minnesota. Moss was not in the meeting.
ESPN's SportsCenter Twitter page:
Randy Moss has been waived by the Minnesota Vikings, the NFL Network reports.
Tom Pelissaro who covers the Vikings:
Players confirm Moss' release was addressed in a team meeting. #Vikings
Holy ******* ****. React.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
***** X5 if there was an appropriate time to use that term it is now. Wow what a quitter, when the goings get tough, just quit?

I think halloween gave teh Vikings a great big goodie bag of tricks.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
What, NE and MN waiving him for being an *** wasn't enough to convince you otherwise?
I don't want him. But someone will. Figured I'd make the thread just to beat them to it.

Trying to stem the tide before we get like 5 threads suggesting we sign him. Preventative measure.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW!.. MOSS waived by the Vikings

Just saw it on the NFL.COM:viksux:

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does the waiver thing work? Is it the last placed team gets first dibs... and then on up the chain? Bills maybe?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Funny Jess, I was going to do the same thing. I was going to begin with NO, NO, and again NO. The question is; Do the Green Bay Packers put in a bid for Moss?

The guy has limited skills and is a cancer to a locker room.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what was it again that the Viqueens gave up for him? Wasn't it like 3rd round pick, plus some angst in the locker room due to other players wanting to get paid too?

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what was it again that the Viqueens gave up for him? Wasn't it like 3rd round pick, plus some angst in the locker room due to other players wanting to get paid too?
Honestly, I just can't stop laughing... am I a bad person?

Fundamentals

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a fantasy standpoint: Fitzpatrick to Moss could make him a better fantasy threat than a broken Favre and run first Jackson.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Dang...never got to see that magical game between him and BF... :viksux:

jakeslaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he gave up in gb on the pick 6 favre threw, he gave up yesterday on the PI where the ball had he been going a little faster than a casual jog would have been an easy td instead of the fg. He is same old randy moss who is gonna want him on their team? Think he'll fall all the way down the waiver wire to NE?

Members online

Latest posts