Randy Moss

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we've had our celebrations, I'm still thrilled with a 1-0 Packers team considering a tough opener against - the Eagles! - hells yeah.

But we all know there is an elephant in the room, a moose on the table, what have you.. it's Randy Moss having a 180+ yards and a touchdown day for the Patriots. Ugh! I cannot stand the Patriots anyway.

So, feel free to discuss, bicker, ignore, whatever your pleasure. I was disappointed when Moss went to the Patriots and not us. But the rumors in NE suggested maybe he was going to be a problem for them. Well, 180yds and a TD is a pretty good problem to have. Who knows if he can behave all season, but what a start.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect this will be a typical vikings outcome, where early in the season, we're going to be wishing that we had him, then something will happen later in the season and make us glad that we didn't.

Either way, Moss, or no, our recievers were not the problem today, and Moss, Rice, or any other great receiver (switched to Green and Gold) would not have changed the outcome any today.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was the first game, he may not catch another pass all year. we dont know.

second of all, there is no guarentee he would have had such an impact on us as hes had so far with NE.
I mean with the way Brett kept whining about everyone else ******** up... do you think for a minute there wouldnt be problems between Randy and Brett by week 2.

I agree he might have come in here and been huge for us(i was all about him coming here)... but he easily could have come in here and been a huge problem as well. who knows by the end of the season we could be jumping for joy that it didnt happen.

I think the best thing we can do is forget about it. WE WON without him (or any other recievers help for that matter haha) so i think its better if we just leave it at that.

Not to mention (i rate the philly team better than that Jets team) just saying.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard on the radio this morning that Moss could go to whatever team he wanted and that he probably just chose New England over Green Bay. That's what someone said. However I have a hard time believing that he wouldn't of came here had we acted much faster on the deal. Say March instead of the Day of the Draft.

I'm not sure Moss could help out our running game and blocking though. That's what I saw as a weak point. Some of the receivers were open, Favre just couldn't find them because he had a guy in his face every other play.

jutang403

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss is going to have a huge year. I dont know if you guys saw the game but Tom Brady had the easiest game ever. He has incredible protection and just stands there waiting for one of him many weapons. In no hurry at all he just lofts up balls to Randy Moss. It was the easiest like 180 rec yards I have ever seen, I really wouldnt be suprised to see him repeating this all year. Except if his the pats put more focus on maroney getting some TDs. Anyways it sucks but the pats are probably the best team in the NFL.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss doesnt give favre blindside protection. James Jones, Driver and Franks all got open several times this game....

Favre had no time to throw it. Clifton played absolutely terrible today.

WE STILL WON THOUGH

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
I really think Brady is doing well cause he has a few decent receivers where as in the last few years he has been crap.

Is this sarcasm? I hope so because if playing like crap is throwing for 3000+ yards and 23+ TD's with at most 14 INT's then I would really like to know what you think of Joey Harrington. :lol:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Did you see that Moss flat outran the triple coverage on his TD catch.. the Safety had the angle and everything.. BUT... the play took forever to develop... which means Brady has the ball for, if my count was correct last night almost 6 ticks... Favre never had more than 3 to 4 yesteday.. Moss would have been pissed cause he wasn't getting the damn ball but in short passes.. then the he would got hit and quit playing.. Moss doesn't like contact at all.. no fit in the current GB offense.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
I really think Brady is doing well cause he has a few decent receivers where as in the last few years he has been crap.

Is this sarcasm? I hope so because if playing like crap is throwing for 3000+ yards and 23+ TD's with at most 14 INT's then I would really like to know what you think of Joey Harrington. :lol:

hmm i cant think of a word for Harrington i think its 4 letters long or longer.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very much against Randy Moss coming to Green Bay #1 because of his attitude and #2 because I wasn't even sure if he had game anymore. He just answered #2 in a big way. We'll see about #1 as the season progresses. He's always been a great front-runner, but he has problems when things don't go so well.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought a more interesting stat was one that was mentioned on the FOX halftime show. The packers had 106 yards of total offense after the first half. Meanwhile out in Houstin, Ahmon Green rushed for 102 yards in his first half as a Texan.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I thought a more interesting stat was one that was mentioned on the FOX halftime show. The packers had 106 yards of total offense after the first half. Meanwhile out in Houstin, Ahmon Green rushed for 102 yards in his first half as a Texan.

I don't care if Jim Brown's bigger faster evil twin was toting the rock yesterday for the Packers... there just wasn't the room to run the rock.

The draw to Wynn was one that could have been broken for more, MAYBE... and the one time Bjack had a backside lane.. there maybe was room to garner more yards.. but to me.. that was about it.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:

I don't care if Jim Brown's bigger faster evil twin was toting the rock yesterday for the Packers... there just wasn't the room to run the rock.

The draw to Wynn was one that could have been broken for more, MAYBE... and the one time Bjack had a backside lane.. there maybe was room to garner more yards.. but to me.. that was about it.

I didnt say that. But it was at any rate an ironic stat. Just something interesting.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, he had 48 rushing yards in the first half. He finished with 73 rushing yards.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ahman Green only ran for 73 yards. He didn't even get close to 100 yards in the first half. He ran for 48 yards. Where did you get this info?

Edit: Sorry people pointed it out already.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:
agopackgo4 said:

I didnt say that. But it was at any rate an ironic stat. Just something interesting.

Wasn't saying you did.. but I heard it a couple of times that GB missed Green yesterday.. don't think that would have helped at all.

The Oline looked like the Rams and Saints game last year... DAZZED & CONFUSED.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
So we've had our celebrations, I'm still thrilled with a 1-0 Packers team considering a tough opener against - the Eagles! - hells yeah.

But we all know there is an elephant in the room, a moose on the table, what have you.. it's Randy Moss having a 180+ yards and a touchdown day for the Patriots. Ugh! I cannot stand the Patriots anyway.

So, feel free to discuss, bicker, ignore, whatever your pleasure. I was disappointed when Moss went to the Patriots and not us. But the rumors in NE suggested maybe he was going to be a problem for them. Well, 180yds and a TD is a pretty good problem to have. Who knows if he can behave all season, but what a start.

I'm not saying Moss wouldn't have helped the Packers, but keep in mind, the Patriots are a heavily favored SB winner favorite, the Packers aren't even favored to win the weakest division in the NFL.

Huge difference in teams, huge. He may be a problem for them, but I highly doubt it. From his track record, as long as his team is winning, he'll do whatever it takes to keep it winning, even if it means kicking extra points. The guy is a helluva competitor and gets a bad rap for things he shouldn't and its primarily based on the media.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts