Random Rumors About Our Running Backs Situation...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I thought this thread could be fun.

If you find any rumor at all, no matter how ridiculously stupid, linking any running back to Green Bay, post it in here so we can see.

I just found this, and it's absolutely ridiculous:
On The Sidelines (Packers Rumors)

DeAngelo Williams Name Linked As Possible Target of Packers
(Joe Arrigo)

Buffalo Bills Running back Marshawn Lynch has been linked to the Packers for two weeks as a possible replacement for the injured Ryan Grant. The two sides have talked but no deal is eminent. But that hasn't stopped Packers General Manager Ted Thompson from calling about other running backs that may be on the block, and a new name has emerged. Carolina Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
I hear that the front office is working on a deal for a new RT, RG, LT, C, LG and RB...His name, ... CHUCK NORRIS :)

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"The other NFL rumor gaining steam is the Packers targeting Steve Slaton of the Houston Texans. Since Arian Foster is the leading man for the Texans, Slaton has been relegated to third-down duty. He has just 12 attempts for 57 yards this season but behind the burly line of Green Bay, the former third-round pick in 2008 could offer that breakaway bang the Packers need so badly."

NFL Rumors

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Slaton would be sort of cool to have. If he could hold onto the damn ball.

And he'd pair well with Grant next year.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
"The other NFL rumor gaining steam is the Packers targeting Steve Slaton of the Houston Texans. Since Arian Foster is the leading man for the Texans, Slaton has been relegated to third-down duty. He has just 12 attempts for 57 yards this season but behind the burly line of Green Bay, the former third-round pick in 2008 could offer that breakaway bang the Packers need so badly."

NFL Rumors
I don't know what's more of a rumor here, the targeting Slaton or the burly GB line?

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reports out of Louisville, KY say that the Green Bay Packers are in negotiations with Hall Of Fame halfback Paul Hornung. Hornung,75 was the centerpiece of the offense of the Packers during the early 1960's and is still a fan favorite. " I have watched the first few games" said Hornung, "I think I can still go for 12 yards in 7 carries...heck, I walked that much to the john and back during the game...

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL at the Paul Hornung post... Got a good chuckle out of that.

And as for that Joe Arrigo... he comes up with some crazy ****. I don't believe a word that I read that he wrote.

One thing to think about that I don't know if anyone has mentioned yet... What if Grant's not the same back when he returns? From what I understand this injury isn't a light one, and RB's are a finicky people with a SHORT lifespan... Levens was never the same after he returned from this injury...

BigDaddyKaine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMFG, I now know who his "Sources" are, they are random posters on the internet.

One of my boys jokingly wrote about Packers and DeAngelo Williams, Arrigo saw it and ran with it. What a ******.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loveland, NV (AP)
According to unnamed sources, OJ Simpson, 63, is now being targeted by the Green Bay Packers as a potential roster addition. Simpson is currently serving time as Nevada Department of Corrections inmate #1027820 at the Lovelock Correctional Center.

For those closest to the negotiations, the sticking point is compensation to the Nevada Department of Corrections.

Ted Thompson, General Manager, has offered to provide free counseling services to Simpson. NDOC is reportedly asking for 32-inch LCD TVs with DirecTV service including NFL Sunday Ticket in each cell and 52-inch sets in the officer quarters.

Both sides are hoping to finalize the deal in time for Green Bay's game against the Detroit Lions on Sunday.

Hell yeah!!! I propose we trade Rogers, Finley, Matthews, and a 2nd round pick for him!!! Contracts? To hell with em! This is OJ baby!!!! I'm gonna go phone T.T. with the specs!

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the hell? No mention of the rumor that I'm going to be named the Packers starting running back starting in week 5?

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I recently heard... and don't quote me on this... that we were gonna sign Joshua R Huffman in week 5.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recently heard... and don't quote me on this... that we were gonna sign Joshua R Huffman in week 5.

It's Official.... From ESPN:

GREEN BAY - Has TT went E.T.? With Ryan Grant lost for the season and Brandon Jackson averaging 1 yard per carry, the Green Bay Packers are looking at an unlikely place to improve their running game: Outer Space.

Joshua R Huffman has agreed to a 1 year contract with the Packers. He will become the starting halfback in week 5 after passing a league mandated physical upon his earth arrival.

Huffman, 65, has become an intergalactic phenomenon for the Pluto Judos after averaging 7,000 yards per season since debuting in 1967. His 22 yards per carry average should be a significant addition to the Packers offense and boost their hopes for a potential Super Bowl run.

What may be more important about Huffman's signing than his statistical contribution is his salary: Judos are known to play for the league minimum and express great loyalty to their owners. This is evident in his 43 seasons with the Judos without having played for another organization. As the Planetary Football League is on strike, however, Huffman has looked at other planets for potential work.

"I think this is a great opportunity for me and all life from Outer Space" Huffman stated in an interview with John Clayton. "I've always been told that it's harder to run the ball on a planet with gravity because defenders can tackle you easier. I'm looking forward to proving that myth wrong. My people also view Bears as the symbol of Satan, so I'm looking forward to playing them the most."

On the day Neil Armstrong supposedly landed on the moon, the Judos were playing the Moon Goons. Despite spending the entire day on the planet, Huffman claims no Earthlings were ever present on the moon.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
LMAO, this thread is hilarious! Can you imagine some poor Packer fan stumbling upon this thread in the dead of night? Being half awake and not really reading and understanding the title, they would probably have a massive coronary!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts