Randall Cobb: Liability?

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, he got excited.

His brain is working too fast, he saw the Vikes coming at him and he was like: "I got this!!! Where's my seam, where's my seam? Where's my seam? There it is, Go!!!!!!"

And forgot to keep his eyes focus on the ball. Players often refer to game slowing down for them with experience. That's going to happen with Randall, give him time and be an explosive returner for us.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
He probably won't match Hester as a returner - since Hester is the best returner in NFL history he only has to come close to be great. But IMO he already is a better WR. Once Driver retires, I think Cobb steps in and the Packers don't miss a beat!

I only occasionally watch pre-game shows but watched last night. Did everyone else who watched catch what was said about that TD pass to Cobb earlier in the season? While they were justifiably talking up Rodgers and showing clips, they said something like 'he doesn't even need to get his fingers on the threads of the football'. I'm pretty sure it was on Cobb's TD vs. the Saints in the opener. You may remember Cobb actually ran the wrong route on the play. Rodgers gets the snap, sees Cobb breaking open to the inside, doesn't even have time to get his fingers on the threads and still throws a strike Cobb takes to the house. So Rodgers doesn't get a good grip on the ball, is hurried and his rookie wideout runs the wrong route. Botched play must be the result, right? :D

I like this quote by Rodgers about Cobb after the opener: "From the moment he got here, he had a different air about him," Rodgers said. "It was like Greg Jennings when Greg came in in 2006. There was just something different about him. He was a rookie, he was respectful, but he kind of walked around and carried himself like a veteran without being the kind of rookie that you think needs to grow up a little bit. He just had that class about him, that maturity."

Members online