Randall Cobb: Liability?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The kid is a rookie and is full of **** and vinegar. Maybe too much!! I think he needs to use his head a bit more but that will come. He's a talent we need. He'll be ok!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Oh please, if he was not running at all, I'm sure someone wouldn't be happy with him.

He's being groomed into a slot receiver and I'm sure he's going to get better in time, keep in mind he is a rookie, and it's OK to go through growing pains.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
He scares the living hell out of me. Against a better team, that turnover compounded by the Vikies capitalizing on it with a TD, would have cost the Pack the game (all things being equal). Still, I think that the WORST thing the Pack could do is get in there and mess with his head, meaning make him second guess himself -- then all that's created is a whipped puppy. I'd say that the Pack needs to let him make more mistakes and NOT let him watch any footage of Devin Hester.

Packers_89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather have him return it to the 5 because it gives Rodgers an easy time to complete an easy pass for a 95 yard touchdown and rack up the yards.

I do that in Madden lol. My punt returners always have like -30 or -40 yard returns. Lets me stat pad with the QB. Usually take it down to the 1 or 2 yard line and let the QB get a 99 yard TD or try to get a 99 yard run.

Packers_89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he focuses on ball security. If not he will end up on the bench.

Exactly. I can live with him not getting a lot of yards on some plays. But if he starts fumbling more often, then we need to get someone else to do it. We can't give them those turnovers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. I can live with him not getting a lot of yards on some plays. But if he starts fumbling more often, then we need to get someone else to do it. We can't give them those turnovers.

Your basically giving up 7 points when he fumbles. starting out 0-14 might be okay to a struggling team but I would be very worried if it was against the bears or a similar team.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
With Edgar coaching the WR core again, I have a feeling that Cobb's fumbles will be fixed...Edgar seemed to get those Rb to hold onto their balls (done on purpose)

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I like Cobb a lot and once DD retires he'll probably be assuming his position in our receiving corps. But right now as a special teamer, he is a disaster waiting to happen.

I think that 108yd return in Week 1 has gotten to his his head because now he's taking it out every time and usually ends up burying us inside the 20 and on punt returns I'm biting my nails as he apparently doesn't know what a fair catch is. At Atlanta he decided to field the punt with no space at all and got blasted.

I'm kinda worried one of these days his "heroics" are going to lose us a game. The guy appears to be a nutcase.

Thoughts?

He's a rookie, he's young he is always gonna make rookie mistakes he is learning more and more every game I'm sure with amazing receivers like Greg Jennings and Donald Driver ahead of him he is going to be a great player someday, But he's just living it up in the NFL he's gonna make a good receiver for the Packers he's just gotta continue to learn from those guys.

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
I think Grant has a fumble this year? Should we bench him? I was more upset with the dropped catch that would have been a first down Maybe a TD. He made up for it with a 40+ yard punt return that resulted in a FG? Or Td for us? I dont remember correctly.

What ****** me off more than anything is having the BEst QB in football right now and not trying to score in the second half. We get conservative and when u have an offense like this why not run up 60 points a game.,

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your basically giving up 7 points when he fumbles. starting out 0-14 might be okay to a struggling team but I would be very worried if it was against the bears or a similar team.

Case in points the Vikings. A better team would of taken that ball to the house during that ST play. It did eventually result in TD, if that play would of cost us the game, I think people/ coaches would be coming down on Cobb like the wrath of God. I'm feelin Cobb, but right now he's scaring the living hell out of me.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
The frightening thing is that these are mistakes that should be corrected by good coaching; and who is our ST coach? I don't think Slocum is capable of turning Cobb into the ST player he could be.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone think Cobb is like the new JJ, has tons of talent and very good hands, just cannot concentrate on making the catch first then running.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha I was going to raise this thread from the dead.

He got us 7, he cost us 7. He does well, but you could tell on the one he dropped that he tried to start running before he caught the ball. He'll come around.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He does need to learn from his mistakes. He's commiting the same type of error over and over. But I think he'll get it.

D

Dan115

Do you think maybe he will get a little extra work on punt returns in the next few days?

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even before last night's game I wouldn't have said he's a liability. Although he is young and makes mistakes, he has a tremendous amount of potential to be a benefit to the team in the years to come. Every time he gets the ball, my wife and I talk about how huge of a player he is going to become.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He impressed me last night with the punt return. I think that is the future we have to look forward to with Cobb. The fumble was a rookie mistake, with more experience, I think this guy is going to get better and better and we will have our own version of Hester on ST. Cobb has the potential to be explosive and he's a risk taker. I think what he needs is more experience.

Members online

Latest posts