Raiders Vs. Packers

Dave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all. Let me get this right out in the open and see what response I get.

I'm an Oakland Raider fan, and will be attending the game in December. My wife and I attend a Raider game every year in a different city, and Green Bay will be our 9th city. I've never been to GB before.

I do like the Pack...my 2nd favorite team...lots of Bear fans where I live and I "give 'em hell" as often as I can. :)

Hopefully I get a warm response here....I want to learn more about Green Bay before our visit so that I can mingle with the Packer fans and have a good time.

Dave

Reaction score
Hello Dave and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will have a great time at Lambeau even though you are there cheering for the wrong team. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pack wasn't your favorite team by the time you leave the great state of Wisconsin (Home to the Super Bowl Champions! Your........Green Bay Packers!)
Trapped

OP
OP
D

Dave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks guys/gals, nice to see a warm welcome. I did check out that thread, very helpful. I'm a craft beer drinker, so I think we're gonna hit that microbrewery place...sounds like my kind of fun.

I looked for hotels last night, that was impossible. I booked in Appleton for now...as there were only two hotels with available rooms...one was a dump, the other was too pricey. If you know of any "underground" places I could look at such as a bed and breakfast, etc...let me know.

I printed out the Lambeau field rules, which is helpful. Tells what we can carry in, the traffic flow after the game, and when they stop selling beer in the stadium...all good to know.

As far as tailgating, I won't have anyone to tailgate with, so that's a bummer. We like to make a full day of the event, so usually get to the stadium around 9 AM...but who knows what the weather will be like up there in mid December...may need to keep warm inside.

How far is that brewery place from the stadium...could we walk? Anything less than 1 mile is ok to walk...past that we'd probably drive or take a cab. Fortunately my wife is the designated driver. I pay for the tickets ($210 each), and she pays for my beer!!!

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts