Quote from a Steelers Fan that posted on NFL.COM

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't recall any other NFL ref ever coming out and admitting they screwed up and basically gave a team a Super Bowl victory. Take away a bogus Steelers TD and give the Seahags the TD they got stolen from them and it is 17-14 Seahags win.

He didn't say that he gave them the victory, he did say that he thinks he missed the call. A game is never decided on one call. If you leave it up to the officials to decide the game for you, then your not playing well. We play 4 quarters in Pittsburgh. Had they not given Ben the touchdown, who is to say the Seahawks score? The ref's miss calls in every single NFL game. It's just excuses by sore losers to blame it on them. Hopefully the Packers fans are better than the Seahawks and don't do the same after Super Bowl XLV. :-P

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The same defense that Ben threw for 503 yards and 3 TD's on only 1 year ago? ;-)

Too bad the steelers actually watch football (besides their own games) and know that it isn't the same d. If ya think your boy ben is going to "take us to the bathroom" again, then you really haven't seen the Packers play this year.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The same defense that Ben threw for 503 yards and 3 TD's on only 1 year ago? ;-)

GB was in it's first year as a 3-4. This year the D is light years ahead of where it was then with many changes in personnel. Besides, Tramon Williams has come on as a great Corner, and Shields (rookie) is making plays.

Ben won't have the luxury of burning Bush all game like he did last year. Bush is basically a ST player now.

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If ya think your boy ben is going to "take us to the bathroom" again, then you really haven't seen the Packers play this year.

Good one!

I think both defenses will have different personnel on the field this time around. You guys got a heavily injured Pittsburgh defense last time, and I don't think Green Bay had the top of it's depth chart at DB either.

We both have two future HOF quarterbacks under center, and it doesn't matter how good your secondary is, they are going to make completions. It's the big play that is sure to be the difference, and both teams are not afraid to go for it, and they both have the weapons at WR to complete it.

I just really hope we can control the ball with the run like we did against the Jets and not let Rodgers on the field. On paper the Jet's run defense is significantly better and we were able to run the ball extremely well in the first half. The Packers allowed 115 yards per game this year, which put them 18th in the league. That is a weakness that if the Steelers can exploit we are sure to bring home number 7.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to congratulate the Steelers on getting 1/2 way in the Championship race. With a Packer win they'll only need 7 more to get to our level.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if your whole argument was about the NFC WEST yes they are a joke...I can't believe you think the ENTIRE NFC was a joke...and that's ONE game, the Bears still earned the right to host the NFC game, Cutler or no Cutler we were going to beat the Bears...Before Cutler left the BEARS WERE SCORELESS! C'mon, what kind of Packers fan are you?

Haha that was a quote from a poster on the NFL forums that I'd thought I'd share. That's why I said " I don't know if it's been posted already." that's def not the way I believe. The kids a complete homer

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
He didn't say that he gave them the victory, he did say that he thinks he missed the call. A game is never decided on one call. If you leave it up to the officials to decide the game for you, then your not playing well. We play 4 quarters in Pittsburgh. Had they not given Ben the touchdown, who is to say the Seahawks score? The ref's miss calls in every single NFL game. It's just excuses by sore losers to blame it on them. Hopefully the Packers fans are better than the Seahawks and don't do the same after Super Bowl XLV. :-P
See Chicago-Detroit first game this year. That game was decided on one call.

You obviously haven't watched enough pro-football in your life. Example, team A is down 20 to 21 to team B. 3 seconds left in the game. Team A is on team B's 35 yards line lined up for a field goal. They kick and miss. But wait, a flag on the play. Clock has run down to 0:00. Defensive penalty. Game can't end on a defensive penalty, Team A gets 5 yards and chance to re-kick. This time they make it and win the game. Game is decided on one call. And don't say it can't happen, I do believe it has, I just don't remember the teams involved at this time.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Better jump off the bandwagon quick then while you still have time.

As far as this AFC dominance, do you mean the Jets team that Green Bay shut out, in New York?

Perhaps the Jets team that lost to the Bears in a shoot out? The Jets gave up 38 points to the Bears. The Packers gave up 37 points to the Bears...combined in 3 games!

Or are you referring to the Patriots team that nearly lost, at home no less, to a Green Bay team that had a QB starting his first NFL game?

Maybe you are talking about a Baltimore team that lost to the Falcons?

Or a Pittsburgh team that lost to New Orleans?
Maybe he means the Dolphins beating the Packers.

Or Cleveland beating the Saints,

Or maybe Pittsburgh beating the Falcons....

AFC has a 34-30 winning percenatge over the NFC this year. Pretty even if you ask me.

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far, the Steelers have played 4 quarters, the second half against the Ravens and the first half against the Jets.

I knew this one was coming. Call it what you want, but we made the plays when we had to, which is what we do in the 'burgh. We don't care about style points, all that matters is that we get the W at the end of the day. ;-)

We may not have scored in the second half of the Jets game, but don't forget the goal line stand by the defense, the gutsy calls to pass the ball on 2nd and 3rd down to win the game and not have to give it back to the Jets and give them an opportunity to come back and score. A lot of teams would have already considered the game won, but the Steelers never had that mindset.

Believe me, you going to get 60 minutes of smash mouth Pittsburgh Steeler football on Feb 6th. ;-)

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize, both of these teams ARE QUITE similar in structure, and oh yeah where was that smash mouth "Football" you talk about in the 80's in "Da Burgh?" LOL yeah I'm sure you know who Mark Malone, Louis Lipps, and Barry Foster were.....

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew this one was coming. Call it what you want, but we made the plays when we had to, which is what we do in the 'burgh. We don't care about style points, all that matters is that we get the W at the end of the day. ;-)

We may not have scored in the second half of the Jets game, but don't forget the goal line stand by the defense, the gutsy calls to pass the ball on 2nd and 3rd down to win the game and not have to give it back to the Jets and give them an opportunity to come back and score. A lot of teams would have already considered the game won, but the Steelers never had that mindset.

Believe me, you going to get 60 minutes of smash mouth Pittsburgh Steeler football on Feb 6th. ;-)

Your actually from the Burgh' or probably the suburbs such as Monroeville or some rust belt town in the river.

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if it was a question..

I lived downtown, 29th and Penn Ave, and I lived in the suburbs for awhile, not far from Monroeville actually.

Are you from the area?

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if it was a question..

I lived downtown, 29th and Penn Ave, and I lived in the suburbs for awhile, not far from Monroeville actually.

Are you from the area?

Nope my dad is actually, he lived in Monroeville and grew up right near Mike McCarthy at one point in his life.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score

This is purely for conversational value, no shots (other than the one I threw that you quoted):

I'm still scratching my head at the Jets calls on the goal line stand. To finish it up by having LT just run into the backs of his O line? Greene was having some effect and I thought would have been a far better option.

But who am I to question coaching decisions? I'm a Colts fan, we have a deer in the headlights who's greatest claim to fame this season was calling the worst timeout in my memory against the Jets.

Looking forward to a great game, and I have no doubt it will be close throughout.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers allowed 115 yards per game this year, which put them 18th in the league. That is a weakness that if the Steelers can exploit we are sure to bring home number 7.

a lot of those rushing yards came from oppossing QB's running for their lives from clay matthews and company...hopefully our healthy Jenkins is back close to a 100% b/c he's going to make it a long day against one of the worst OLINES in the league, then we can be sure bring back #13

gbpackersgal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you guys watching the SB together?

We will, but there might be blood.

Brother and Sister Pic beforehand is attached (This was taken Sunday)

We will see the "after" pic in about a week and a half....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha that was a quote from a poster on the NFL forums that I'd thought I'd share. That's why I said " I don't know if it's been posted already." that's def not the way I believe. The kids a complete homer
ok dude, you got put those quotes on those haha

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh brother, not this. I can understand Seahawk or Arizona Cardinal fans using this tact since they both only got teams within the last 35 years. However, I expected better from a Packers fans.

That 17-14 score is hilarious. In order for that to be the case, we must assume that the Steelers, having got the ball back with over 5 minutes left and now a 3 point deficit, would stay with their plan to run Bettis up the middle for 3 yards and a cloud of dust to grind out the clock. :icon_rolleyes:

OMG you're right :sFun_DeadHorse: Gonna be a sweet SUPERBOWL, enjoy the FORUM TRUCK!

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
godofsteel0059

GB ready for a brawl? Please. You couldn't even muster the stones to engage your rival Bears, never seen two teams smiling & hugging each other the whole time, felt like an episode of the Golden Girls. This is stone cold serious, be careful what your little NFC wildcard wishes for, cant wait to knock AR out...

Silly Charles, he should know better. Sad truth is if the Bears had someone playing QB, they'd be in Dallas. This was the closest Charles will get to the White House, sorry...

mendyhall34

Packers on a mission and ready to brawl? No one wanted to play em? No one wanted to play the Falcons. Haven't you seen the rhythm this year for the packs? Rodgers has a couple big games then gets a concusion then comes back, another couple good games then concusion. Rodgers hasn't played this defense and how hungry they are. Well he did play them and what happened last time? Weren't they on a "mission" then too?

Big Ben is bigger than that whole defense even if they do get to him he extends plays and when the packers d-backs think the QB sacked they let up on th WR. They're gonna do that, see Ben escaped and before they realize it, Mike Wallace is burning their arses downfield

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Most of what you see as "fan comments" on games back on NFL.com is just kids doing trash talk, and you can tell most of the time by the horrible spelling, but by reading them you can't help but laugh. Even if it's adults trashing each other over a game, it's hilarious at the time they put into writing such garbage.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The Packers allowed 115 yards [against the run] per game this year, which put them 18th in the league. That is a weakness that if the Steelers can exploit we are sure to bring home number 7.

...and the Steelers are ranked #12 vs. the pass. That is a weakness that if the Packers can exploit we are sure to bring home number 13.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
AFC fans are arrogant as hell, for the past 10 years all I've been hearing is, oh the AFC is so much better this so much better that. If I remember correctly the Saints won last year, and they are from the NFC.

Members online

Latest posts