1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Quote from a Steelers Fan that posted on NFL.COM

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by armand34, Jan 25, 2011.

1. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    The same defense that Ben threw for 503 yards and 3 TD's on only 1 year ago? ;-)
  2. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    He didn't say that he gave them the victory, he did say that he thinks he missed the call. A game is never decided on one call. If you leave it up to the officials to decide the game for you, then your not playing well. We play 4 quarters in Pittsburgh. Had they not given Ben the touchdown, who is to say the Seahawks score? The ref's miss calls in every single NFL game. It's just excuses by sore losers to blame it on them. Hopefully the Packers fans are better than the Seahawks and don't do the same after Super Bowl XLV. :-P
  3. Skarecrow

Skarecrow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Too bad the steelers actually watch football (besides their own games) and know that it isn't the same d. If ya think your boy ben is going to "take us to the bathroom" again, then you really haven't seen the Packers play this year.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    GB was in it's first year as a 3-4. This year the D is light years ahead of where it was then with many changes in personnel. Besides, Tramon Williams has come on as a great Corner, and Shields (rookie) is making plays.

Ben won't have the luxury of burning Bush all game like he did last year. Bush is basically a ST player now.
  5. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Good one!

I think both defenses will have different personnel on the field this time around. You guys got a heavily injured Pittsburgh defense last time, and I don't think Green Bay had the top of it's depth chart at DB either.

We both have two future HOF quarterbacks under center, and it doesn't matter how good your secondary is, they are going to make completions. It's the big play that is sure to be the difference, and both teams are not afraid to go for it, and they both have the weapons at WR to complete it.

I just really hope we can control the ball with the run like we did against the Jets and not let Rodgers on the field. On paper the Jet's run defense is significantly better and we were able to run the ball extremely well in the first half. The Packers allowed 115 yards per game this year, which put them 18th in the league. That is a weakness that if the Steelers can exploit we are sure to bring home number 7.
  6. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +763 / 20 / -0
    I want to congratulate the Steelers on getting 1/2 way in the Championship race. With a Packer win they'll only need 7 more to get to our level.
  7. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61 / 37 / -8
    Haha that was a quote from a poster on the NFL forums that I'd thought I'd share. That's why I said " I don't know if it's been posted already." that's def not the way I believe. The kids a complete homer
  8. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +748 / 22 / -11
    See Chicago-Detroit first game this year. That game was decided on one call.

You obviously haven't watched enough pro-football in your life. Example, team A is down 20 to 21 to team B. 3 seconds left in the game. Team A is on team B's 35 yards line lined up for a field goal. They kick and miss. But wait, a flag on the play. Clock has run down to 0:00. Defensive penalty. Game can't end on a defensive penalty, Team A gets 5 yards and chance to re-kick. This time they make it and win the game. Game is decided on one call. And don't say it can't happen, I do believe it has, I just don't remember the teams involved at this time.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. SyX

SyX Stranger in a strange land

Ratings:
    +90 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    So far, the Steelers have played 4 quarters, the second half against the Ravens and the first half against the Jets.
  10. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +748 / 22 / -11
    Maybe he means the Dolphins beating the Packers.

Or Cleveland beating the Saints,

Or maybe Pittsburgh beating the Falcons....

AFC has a 34-30 winning percenatge over the NFC this year. Pretty even if you ask me.
  11. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I knew this one was coming. Call it what you want, but we made the plays when we had to, which is what we do in the 'burgh. We don't care about style points, all that matters is that we get the W at the end of the day. ;-)

We may not have scored in the second half of the Jets game, but don't forget the goal line stand by the defense, the gutsy calls to pass the ball on 2nd and 3rd down to win the game and not have to give it back to the Jets and give them an opportunity to come back and score. A lot of teams would have already considered the game won, but the Steelers never had that mindset.

Believe me, you going to get 60 minutes of smash mouth Pittsburgh Steeler football on Feb 6th. ;-)
  12. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35 / 3 / -4
    You do realize, both of these teams ARE QUITE similar in structure, and oh yeah where was that smash mouth "Football" you talk about in the 80's in "Da Burgh?" LOL yeah I'm sure you know who Mark Malone, Louis Lipps, and Barry Foster were.....
  13. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35 / 3 / -4
    Your actually from the Burgh' or probably the suburbs such as Monroeville or some rust belt town in the river.
  14. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if it was a question..

I lived downtown, 29th and Penn Ave, and I lived in the suburbs for awhile, not far from Monroeville actually.

Are you from the area?
  15. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35 / 3 / -4

Nope my dad is actually, he lived in Monroeville and grew up right near Mike McCarthy at one point in his life.
  16. SyX

SyX Stranger in a strange land

Ratings:
    +90 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    This is purely for conversational value, no shots (other than the one I threw that you quoted):

I'm still scratching my head at the Jets calls on the goal line stand. To finish it up by having LT just run into the backs of his O line? Greene was having some effect and I thought would have been a far better option.

But who am I to question coaching decisions? I'm a Colts fan, we have a deer in the headlights who's greatest claim to fame this season was calling the worst timeout in my memory against the Jets.

Looking forward to a great game, and I have no doubt it will be close throughout.
  17. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +267 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    the same defense that was in its first year in a 3-4...face it we have a tough defense
  18. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +267 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    a lot of those rushing yards came from oppossing QB's running for their lives from clay matthews and company...hopefully our healthy Jenkins is back close to a 100% b/c he's going to make it a long day against one of the worst OLINES in the league, then we can be sure bring back #13
  19. gbpackersgal

gbpackersgal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

We will, but there might be blood.

Brother and Sister Pic beforehand is attached (This was taken Sunday)

We will see the "after" pic in about a week and a half....

002.jpg
  20. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +267 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    ok dude, you got put those quotes on those haha
  21. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +267 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    OMG you're right :sFun_DeadHorse: Gonna be a sweet SUPERBOWL, enjoy the FORUM TRUCK!
  22. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +267 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    godofsteel0059

mendyhall34

23. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Most of what you see as "fan comments" on games back on NFL.com is just kids doing trash talk, and you can tell most of the time by the horrible spelling, but by reading them you can't help but laugh. Even if it's adults trashing each other over a game, it's hilarious at the time they put into writing such garbage.
  24. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +715 / 14 / -3
    ...and the Steelers are ranked #12 vs. the pass. That is a weakness that if the Packers can exploit we are sure to bring home number 13.
  25. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77 / 4 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    AFC fans are arrogant as hell, for the past 10 years all I've been hearing is, oh the AFC is so much better this so much better that. If I remember correctly the Saints won last year, and they are from the NFC.