Quote from a Steelers Fan that posted on NFL.COM

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
AFC is very clear cut on their teams. there are a few dominant and the rest blow while the NFC every year changes on who is the dominating team

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its just a general comment about a sports topic on a fan site. What part are you annoyed by? why ?

the part where a fan of the game's opinion is believing one conference to be better then another, really? there are like 4 total good AFC teams anyway (and I'm completely discounting the whole AFC west)...but I'm not one that's going to say, NFC IS BETTER...it's a pride argument nothing else...both are fairly even

CheddarMelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention the 800-pound gorilla in the room. The Packers had how many first-stringers out this season? The Steelers had an equivalent season with all their best talent on the field. And now the injured Packers have pretty much all healed up (except for Grant, and the replacement they finally found for him is proving himself quite capable).

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the part where a fan of the game's opinion is believing one conference to be better then another, really? there are like 4 total good AFC teams anyway (and I'm completely discounting the whole AFC west)...but I'm not one that's going to say, NFC IS BETTER...it's a pride argument nothing else...both are fairly even

the NFC west has been way worse then AFC west the last 3 years regardless of the Cardinals one good year.

it doesnt matter how many teams you think are good in the AFC. The AFC has won the SB 7 out of last 10 times. Things are cyclical. It goes back and forth, its no big deal.

grahamburgher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention the 800-pound gorilla in the room. The Packers had how many first-stringers out this season? The Steelers had an equivalent season with all their best talent on the field. And now the injured Packers have pretty much all healed up (except for Grant, and the replacement they finally found for him is proving himself quite capable).

I beg to differ. Ben sat out the first 4 games, Aaron Smith (best D lineman) has been out all season, Willie Colon and Max Starks (2 best O-linemen besides Pouncey) have been out all season, and Troy has missed several games. Far from all of our best talent.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFC west division winner beat the defending super bowl champs in the playoffs, what did KC do?..I'm just saying it's kinda mute both conferences are equal

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFC west division winner beat the defending super bowl champs in the playoffs, what did KC do?..I'm just saying it's kinda mute both conferences are equal

that actually proves how weak the NFC is, let alone the whole league with free agency running rampant.

KC had a winning record and lost to a better team.

teams are so bad that a team with a losing record made the playoffs.....? in other sports/ countries, you are moved down a division- not rewarded.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that actually proves how weak the NFC is, let alone the whole league with free agency running rampant.

KC had a winning record and lost to a better team.

teams are so bad that a team with a losing record made the playoffs.....? in other sports/ countries, you are moved down a division- not rewarded.

the giants and bucs were both 10-6 and DIDn'T make the playoffs, it's the way the system works, got nothing to do with a conference being "weak" AFC & NFC has 9 teams each that are .500 or less maybe more...off the top of my head...where's the difference?

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the giants and bucs were both 10-6 and DIDn'T make the playoffs, it's the way the system works, got nothing to do with a conference being "weak" AFC & NFC has 9 teams each that are .500 or less maybe more...off the top of my head...where's the difference?

I already stated the whole league is weak because of free agency, not just the NFC. I'm not complaining about how the system works but it aint a good strength argument when you are a sub .500 playoff team.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I already stated the whole league is weak because of free agency, not just the NFC. I'm not complaining about how the system works but it aint a good strength argument when you are a sub .500 playoff team.

or when 2 10-6 teams don't make the playoffs isn't a strength argument?

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont know if this was posted but lol
The NFC was a joke this year and despite what I anticipate will be the team’s best effort, the Pack will fall on Super Bowl Sunday. Any of the final four AFC playoff teams would crush the best the NFC has to offer. The AFC is simply the better conference and has won 7 of the last 11 Super Bowls. Limping by a flawed Bears team that played its 2nd and 3rd-string QBs in the second half and having to turn back a 4th down play near the Packers end zone late in the 4th quarter by the 3rd-string QB to preserve the win doesn’t instill much confidence.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
generally speaking the AFC is and has been stronger than the NFC for a few years...but at least the NFC is 2 for 3 in SBs lately

Do you just completely disregard the 13 years when the NFC completely owned the AFC. Plus how many of those wins where won fairly? 2001*, 2003*& 2004*

The NFC was a joke this year and despite what I anticipate will be the team’s best effort, the Pack will fall on Super Bowl Sunday. Any of the final four AFC playoff teams would crush the best the NFC has to offer. The AFC is simply the better conference and has won 7 of the last 11 Super Bowls. Limping by a flawed Bears team that played its 2nd and 3rd-string QBs in the second half and having to turn back a 4th down play near the Packers end zone late in the 4th quarter by the 3rd-string QB to preserve the win doesn’t instill much confidence.

So if the AFC is soo good, why did the Patriots man handle the Steelers while the Packers gave the Pats a fright WITH OUR BACK UP QB?

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
clarify please ? what are you saying ?

the Bucs & the Giants are both 10-6 teams...they didn't get in the playoffs, why would that now show the strength of a conference when you got WINNING FOOTBALL TEAMS not making it...that defines the COMPETIVENESS of the CONFERENCE...it's not about the same 4 teams making it every year, it's always COMPETITIVE and even winning football teams don't get it...weren't the steelers 9-7 when they won it all with Bettis?

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score

if your whole argument was about the NFC WEST yes they are a joke...I can't believe you think the ENTIRE NFC was a joke...and that's ONE game, the Bears still earned the right to host the NFC game, Cutler or no Cutler we were going to beat the Bears...Before Cutler left the BEARS WERE SCORELESS! C'mon, what kind of Packers fan are you?

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the Bucs & the Giants are both 10-6 teams...they didn't get in the playoffs, why would that now show the strength of a conference when you got WINNING FOOTBALL TEAMS not making it...that defines the COMPETIVENESS of the CONFERENCE...it's not about the same 4 teams making it every year, it's always COMPETITIVE and even winning football teams don't get it...weren't the steelers 9-7 when they won it all with Bettis?

but thats what I mean by parity weakening things in both leagues. Who cares about 10-6 when its against weak competion ?

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pitt almost lost to the Cards with practically the same team.
The Pack is faster and harder than the Cards were.

While I agree that more often than not, the team with prior experience is and should be favored. Key players on Pitt are a tad older. And in recent years, the Packers- Rams- and Patriots all lost when they were the - experienced favorite-.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Better jump off the bandwagon quick then while you still have time.

As far as this AFC dominance, do you mean the Jets team that Green Bay shut out, in New York?

Perhaps the Jets team that lost to the Bears in a shoot out? The Jets gave up 38 points to the Bears. The Packers gave up 37 points to the Bears...combined in 3 games!

Or are you referring to the Patriots team that nearly lost, at home no less, to a Green Bay team that had a QB starting his first NFL game?

Maybe you are talking about a Baltimore team that lost to the Falcons?

Or a Pittsburgh team that lost to New Orleans?

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better jump off the bandwagon quick then while you still have time.

As far as this AFC dominance, do you mean the Jets team that Green Bay shut out, in New York?

Perhaps the Jets team that lost to the Bears in a shoot out? The Jets gave up 38 points to the Bears. The Packers gave up 37 points to the Bears...combined in 3 games!

Or are you referring to the Patriots team that nearly lost, at home no less, to a Green Bay team that had a QB starting his first NFL game?

Maybe you are talking about a Baltimore team that lost to the Falcons?

Or a Pittsburgh team that lost to New Orleans?

i appreciate someone else bringing some points to this argument, I knew I was forgetting a bunch

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I was about to post the same facts, glad someone already did. I understand debating this stuff but seriously saying that the AFC's final four would crush the NFC's best is just plain stupid, the facts are there....do some research before you make such bold statements look like an idiot.

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Claymaker, I guess the Steelers should just give back their trophies because the refs could have missed a call? Hopefully all Packers fans are not the type that screams interference/holding on every play, and finds excuses for why your team lost? "The ref's cost us that game, nevermind the 3 turnovers that we had!" or "If they would have called holding, maybe our defense could have stopped them!" That's what respectable fans do right? Stop whining and making excuses, or at least wait until we beat your team to do it!

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you do know that our defense is better then JETS defense, the same one that shut the Steelers offense down in the 2nd half

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Claymaker, I guess the Steelers should just give back their trophies because the refs could have missed a call? Hopefully all Packers fans are not the type that screams interference/holding on every play, and finds excuses for why your team lost? "The ref's cost us that game, nevermind the 3 turnovers that we had!" or "If they would have called holding, maybe our defense could have stopped them!" That's what respectable fans do right? Stop whining and making excuses, or at least wait until we beat your team to do it!

I don't recall any other NFL ref ever coming out and admitting they screwed up and basically gave a team a Super Bowl victory. Take away a bogus Steelers TD and give the Seahags the TD they got stolen from them and it is 17-14 Seahags win.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts