Quote from a Steelers Fan that posted on NFL.COM

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah yeah yeah we all know the Steelers will win 7. They will have more superbowl rings than everyone else, and Ben will tie Brady for his 3 rings. Rolls eyes...

Black and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're going to find homer picks from homer fans, but I don't see the Packers as a pushover in any area, and anyone crowing about AFC dominance is either young or has a very short memory--I think the NFC went something like 15-2 in Superbowls if you cherrypick a period in the '80s and '90s.

This should be a good matchup and it's no surprise to see GB given the edge in Vegas.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
You're going to find homer picks from homer fans, but I don't see the Packers as a pushover in any area, and anyone crowing about AFC dominance is either young or has a very short memory--I think the NFC went something like 15-2 in Superbowls if you cherrypick a period in the '80s and '90s.

This should be a good matchup and it's no surprise to see GB given the edge in Vegas.

Thanks for introducing some rationality to the debate. Lots of Bear fans underestimated the Packers last week. The Packers were a banged up and tired team facing a more rested Bears team that had about as easy a playoff win as you can find against Steattle. It definitely showed in the 4th quarter. But the Pack still pulled it out. 2 weeks rest I expect a different team to show up in the SB. The Packers are a Championship football team just as the Steelers are. Let the best team win and I'll leave it at that.

btw. Welcome to the forum.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we have learned anything from this NFL season it's this, throw out what you expect and your "analysis" because you still have to go out and play 60 minutes. So they can talk all confident like that and that's fine (talking to the steelers homers not the classy fan who commented in here) but just remember the game still has to be played.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You don't get more "battle tested" than winning 5 straight elimination games and winning the last 3 of those on the road. In the last month, we beat every single NFC Superbowl contender except New Orleans, and we beat all them except the Giants (who were contenders at the time) at THEIR place!

THAT is battle tested, not beating a team with no passing game and another very lucky team on your own field.

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as the AFC vs NFC thing goes, you won't see 7-9 teams making the playoffs in the AFC anytime soon. That is only one division in the NFC though, and any real football fan knows about the parity of the NFL. The Packers would be a playoff team in the AFC, and since were talking about the Packers vs Steelers, the rest is moot.

No one has an easy route to a Super Bowl victory, ever. That is just the way it is.

When you look at these two teams, they are very similar to each other. Both have outstanding defenses who can get after the quarterback. I would give the edge to Pittsburgh with the front seven, and Green Bay with the superior secondary. Both have elite, future HOF quarterbacks under center, and very good receivers. Pittsburgh has a big edge in the running game, while the Pack has a better offensive line.

This game can very easily go either way. There is no way it's going to be a blowout. Just look at the last time these two teams met. The game was not decided until after the clock read 00:00.

Here's to an outstanding Super Bowl.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's that "tough" Pittsburgh schedule. Sorry if it has been posted already.

Atlanta W (scored a whopping 9 points in regulation)
Tennessee W (terrible)
Tampa W (decent team who didn't beat a single team with a winning record until week 17)
Baltimore L
Cleveland W (terrible)
Miami W (Roethlisberger fumbled on the goal line and Miami recovered, they ruled the play a TD and reviewed it and claimed they didn't see Miami recovered, Pitt scored winning FG on next play)
New Orleans L
Cincinnati W (terrible)
New England L
Oakland W (terrible)
Buffalo W (terrible team and only won because Stevie Johnson dropped an EASY td pass)
Baltimore W
Cincinnati W (terrible)
Jets L
Carolina W (terrible)
Cleveland W (terrible)
Baltimore W (epic choke by Baltimore)
Jets W

Meanwhile GB played Bears x3, Atlanta x2, Philly x2, NYG, NYJ and NE Patriots. All teams who won at least 10 games. 10/18 games against those type teams. So don't give me this BS about Pittsburgh played this tough schedule while Green Bay's was garbage.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the SB against Seattle they had the benefit of the referees nearly handing them the game. Arizona damn near beat them. They act like they had such a tough road to the Super Bowl. They played Joe "I fold like a wet paper towel under pressure" Flacco and the no offense Ravens at home. Then they almost blew a commanding lead to the offense-less Jets at home. We had to win 3 games on the road.

That win was a gift from the refs against Seattle. The dummy ref even came out and admitted it last year.

Don't forget, and nobody EVER brought it up, watch the Harrison return TD against the Cards. There were 2 obvious clips, the last one against Tim Hightower was blatant as he was going to shove him out of bounds.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a comparison:
Teams under .500:
AFC: 7
NFC: 9

Teams over .500:
AFC: 7
NFC: 7

Teams with 10 wins or more:
AFC: 6
NFC: 7

Teams under 6 wins:
AFC: 4
NFC: 2

The AFC has dominated this last decade, but it's because it has had fewer powerhouses. It was the Patriots, the Colts, the Steelers, and the Chargers to a lesser degree.

While in the NFC, the Rams and Bucs were the better teams early on, the Eagles have shined, the Panthers, the Giants, the Cowboys, the Bears, the Packers, the Vikings, the Saints, all have dominated during the regular season in the NFC.

Because there isn't a sense of continuity, the AFC seems like the better conference. But the last 5 years it has alternated between champions.

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really a silly argument. Both the AFC and NFC have great teams. It's the NFL people! Strength of schedule, conference, it doesn't matter. For instance, the Steelers play Cleveland twice every year. As bad as Cleveland has been of late, it's almost always a tough game because of the rivalry. I'm sure you guys know it too. When you play teams like the Lions, Vikings, and Bears it's tough no matter how bad they are!

What's thrilling is that we got two great teams in the Super Bowl. Could you imagine if we had to watch something like Ravens vs Eagles?!

SteelcityLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's that "tough" Pittsburgh schedule. Sorry if it has been posted already.

Atlanta W (scored a whopping 9 points in regulation) 3rd string qb beats the #1 seeded team in NFC playoffs
Tennessee W (terrible)I think you are being harsh on a team that started out hot!
Tampa W (decent team who didn't beat a single team with a winning record until week 17)this team had a good record
Baltimore L
Cleveland W (terrible)they beat New England & New Orleans
Miami W (Roethlisberger fumbled on the goal line and Miami recovered, they ruled the play a TD and reviewed it and claimed they didn't see Miami recovered, Pitt scored winning FG on next play)is there a such thing as almost win?
New Orleans L
Cincinnati W (terrible)
New England L
Oakland W (terrible)positive record & swept the AFC West
Buffalo W (terrible team and only won because Stevie Johnson dropped an EASY td pass)I repeat, is there a such thing as almost win?
Baltimore W
Cincinnati W (terrible)
Jets L
Carolina W (terrible)
Cleveland W (terrible)
Baltimore W (epic choke by Baltimore)if B more choked, Philly choked against you guys in the wild card
Jets W

Meanwhile GB played Bears x3, Atlanta x2, Philly x2, NYG, NYJ and NE Patriots. All teams who won at least 10 games. 10/18 games against those type teams. So don't give me this BS about Pittsburgh played this tough schedule while Green Bay's was garbage.

I think it's unfair that you dissect our schedule and search for reasons to discount our path to the Super Bowl.. In all honesty, the Green Bay Packers are doing what the Pittsburgh Steelers did in 2005!

I respect your team, and I don't throw dirt on your conference, but we play whoever is on the schedule.

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL @ the people trying to discredit the Steelers last two Super Bowl victories.

Let me guess, it was all just a big conspiracy by the NFL right? Ben's touchdown in Super Bowl was inconclusive, it would have been controversial had it went the other way. Even so, give them back a touchdown. Steelers still win 21-17. Illegal block on the INT return? Okay, it's still Steelers ball.

Clipping against the Cards? First I heard about this one, and again it's still the Steelers ball in good field position.

Stop trying to find excuses. The refs miss calls in every game. It's a part of football. Believe me, we've had our share of calls go against us too. Good teams, like the Steelers and Packers, don't let the officials decide who wins the game, and they sure don't make excuses for why they lost.

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I'd never waste time on a Raven's forum, but this is the classic Seababies excuse.

The league conspired to make them lose the Super Bowl...

Get over it, you lost!

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL @ the people trying to discredit the Steelers last two Super Bowl victories.

Let me guess, it was all just a big conspiracy by the NFL right? Ben's touchdown in Super Bowl was inconclusive, it would have been controversial had it went the other way. Even so, give them back a touchdown. Steelers still win 21-17. Illegal block on the INT return? Okay, it's still Steelers ball.

Clipping against the Cards? First I heard about this one, and again it's still the Steelers ball in good field position.

Stop trying to find excuses. The refs miss calls in every game. It's a part of football. Believe me, we've had our share of calls go against us too. Good teams, like the Steelers and Packers, don't let the officials decide who wins the game, and they sure don't make excuses for why they lost.

Watch #56 wipe Hightower right out of the play as he goes to shove Harrison out of bounds. It was plain as day. And no, Steelers do not have ball in good field position as by the time the play was over the clock read :00.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqnQwKAI4OE]YouTube - James Harrison intercepted Kurt Warner for 100 yards[/ame]

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Understand Steelers fans this thread was started based on the kind of fans that make outlandish statements, it is not the common opinion of the Steelers fans, I get that...I don't discount Steelers at all and I can't think of a better team I want the PACKERS to face then the Steelerse...I love that...I wanted to face Atlanta, got my wish, wanted to face Chicago, got my wish, and I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER TO BE FACING THE Pittsburgh Steelers!!!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Remember Steelers Oilers? Mike Renfro, if I'm not mistaken?
Also the Dolphins game? Just to mention a couple more.

I'm seeing a lot of missed calls in favor of the Steelers. Care to balance the equasion with some blalant calls against the Steelers?

Or are you just gonna dismiss those and say that they didn't affect the outcome of the game?

Noone in here is saying that the Steelers weren't a great team, and that couldn't have won without the "help". But if you're gonna come out and say that those didn't matter, you're only kidding yourself.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember Steelers Oilers? Mike Renfro, if I'm not mistaken?
Also the Dolphins game? Just to mention a couple more.

I'm seeing a lot of missed calls in favor of the Steelers. Care to balance the equasion with some blalant calls against the Steelers?

Or are you just gonna dismiss those and say that they didn't affect the outcome of the game?

Noone in here is saying that the Steelers weren't a great team, and that couldn't have won without the "help". But if you're gonna come out and say that those didn't matter, you're only kidding yourself.

It was Mike Renfro.......before instant replay.

And how can we ever forget the Immaculate Deception???

Talk about a huge call going their way.

:chisux:

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had the same types of posts on here in the Pre-Season.... Only they were coming from Viking fans.

Some of the forum regulars will remember, there was one Viking fan who posted some huge thread about how the Vikings were the greatest team ever and that they would go UNDEFEATED this year.

Well how'd that work out ol' viking fan???

Same thing will happen to the Steelers fan in two weeks. I guess we'll have to wait and see if he shows his face in here after the Pack beat them.

hahaha, now that I think about it, those vikes fans have been pretty quiet for awhile....

wonder when they'll start up their sh*t talk

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never trusted AFC teams they always get caught cheating and will continue to do so, they can't win games with out "help". If the AFC is sooo good why then did the AFL merge INTO the NFL. And every one in the NFC knows that the NFC West sucks the only two real good divisions are the NFC East & NFC North. which both combined total 15 Super Bowl wins and 28 Super Bowl Appearances.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I have never trusted AFC teams they always get caught cheating and will continue to do so, they can't win games with out "help". If the AFC is sooo good why then did the AFL merge INTO the NFL. And every one in the NFC knows that the NFC West sucks the only two real good divisions are the NFC East & NFC North. which both combined total 15 Super Bowl wins and 28 Super Bowl Appearances.

haha. this made me think.

Afc of the NFL = SEC in college football.
Not saying I agree, but that what ran through my head when I read your post.

grahamburgher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another Steeler fan here. Please completely disregard the content from the OP. That is absolutely NOT the mindset of the common fan. Every single Steeler fan that I know has the ultimate respect for the Pack as an organization and a fan base and we're looking forward to an epic Super Bowl matchup. And for the love of God, please don't start in with the conspiracy theories involving the refs. Your fan base is better than that.. much better than that of the Jets and Seahawks.
Good luck and here's to an awesome game with no injuries.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
generally speaking the AFC is and has been stronger than the NFC for a few years...but at least the NFC is 2 for 3 in SBs lately

pittguy578

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thziggy77

honestly, that's the general consensus of most Steelers fans...the AFC is "light years" ahead of any NFC team...uh, no!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I don't think that is the case, and I am a Steelers fan.
Each conference goes through periods of "relative" domination..
NFC dominated throughout the late 80's and mid nineties...Niners..Cowboys..Packers.. It waxes and wanes..It is called parity. Both of the these teams are really good..that is all that matters.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts