Quote from a Steelers Fan that posted on NFL.COM

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thziggy77

most likely outcome of this game is precisely what pundits don't want fans to fear for the next two weeks -- the best afc team is light years better than the best nfc team. this won't likely be the 'contest' that packer fans and vegas expect it to be. pitt's level of competition throughout the year is dramatically higher and they are - as always - battle tested and remarkably skilled at all positions. gb doesn't even have a run game, for gods sake! their defense is good by nfc standards, but far from the 'lights out' defensive power that pitt will offer. golden boy rodgers hasn't faced this stiller defense when playing at this level. expect PAIN !!!!!!

honestly, that's the general consensus of most Steelers fans...the AFC is "light years" ahead of any NFC team...uh, no!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
The defense is good by NFC standards? The Packers have the #2 D in the league, giving up 15 points a game. The #1? Pittsburgh, giving up 14.5 a game. A total of 8 points over the season.

I don't expect a shoot out, but I do expect a good game.

grantkyle2002

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im a ravens fan and this is the arrogance we have to deal with 2 games a year. What these idiots dont realize is rodgers in domes is averaging 300 yards and 2 td's. I expect him to come out and shred this defense and I expect even more for the packers defense to knock big ben on his **** more then once and I cant wait to see clay matthews make him his jail cell lady.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I use to respect the steelers, but after the 2ND time big ben got accused of ****** assault I couldn't. There was WAY too many fishy things about it. Though I have heard ben turned over a new leaf.. I mean, it has been almost a YEAR since he was last accused of rapping anyone!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
There is a reason Vegas made Packers the favorites, and it is not because they wanted to SURPRISE PEOPLE with the outcome. Child Please.

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is the Dude forgetting that they play in the AFC North. Yeah, we play in the NFC North, not much to say there. But they played the Ravens twice who have no offense, the crappy Browns, no offense and the Bengals with somewhat but no ofense. That was 6 games against pretty crappy offenses. There D, as is our D, has a little inflation and to say they are battle tested, come on, everyone in the NFL is battle tested. It is the F-ing NFL.

gbpackersgal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So myself and my dad are the "die-hard" Packer fans (my mom wears her jersey but usually ends up w/a book in her hands halfway through the game...lol). My brother on the other hand, the black sheep of the family, is a Steelers fan. I have been buying him hats, shirts, towels, golf stuff, etc. for years w/Pittsburgh logos on it because I'm such a great older sister! (He DID buy me a Packers cake for my birthday a few weeks back....) Now, things are about to get sticky....

Forever I have had to hear "You can't even COMPARE the NFC to the AFC. The worst team in the AFC is usually just as good as the best team in the NFC." We have had soooo many debates about these types of comments, but now they are more than "debates", and it already started @ the conclusion of the Steelers game on Sunday.

I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN KEEP FROM KILLING HIM! "I'm not even worried," he says.

COME ON PACKERS! STICK IT TO 'EM!

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So myself and my dad are the "die-hard" Packer fans (my mom wears her jersey but usually ends up w/a book in her hands halfway through the game...lol). My brother on the other hand, the black sheep of the family, is a Steelers fan. I have been buying him hats, shirts, towels, golf stuff, etc. for years w/Pittsburgh logos on it because I'm such a great older sister! (He DID buy me a Packers cake for my birthday a few weeks back....) Now, things are about to get sticky....

Forever I have had to hear "You can't even COMPARE the NFC to the AFC. The worst team in the AFC is usually just as good as the best team in the NFC." We have had soooo many debates about these types of comments, but now they are more than "debates", and it already started @ the conclusion of the Steelers game on Sunday.

lol here's some lines from a Steelers fan I know
J E T S thanks for the ride to the Super Bowl.

Haha Pack will feel what it's like to go up against the Varsity. Your JV league matchup is over

S T E E L E R S. Nuff said

Yup. Another year another Super Bowl. Black &Yellow in full effect

I'm very confident about

I've seen all 6 SB..

Awful quiet in Ratbirds land. When will they ever learn, you ain't beaten us when it matters. NEXT

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
espiritoi

The entire Steelers D will be healthy and dressed for the first time all season. And they have been the best D in the league already. OUCH! This will be a hard hitting game unlike anything the Pack has played all year. Steelers just had Ravens and Jets. And for those bagging on the Steelers The Pack are nothing without Pitt. Half you coaching staff learned in the Black and Gold. And some of your players. Your workhorse back for most of the season was our practice squad fullback at the start of this season.

anyone starting to notice a trend here? btw, small example of this guy thinking like he knows our team with the KUHN comment

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
espiritoi

Packers D is thin and got tired in the second half. A 3rd string QB came in and almost brought the Bears back. If Cutler doesn't get hurt Bears win. And Cutler isn't Ben. Careful Pack. Steelers don't lose when they are picked against. All Steel Nation gets nervous when we are picked to win but pick against us and we always come out on top.

bubbahotep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They didn't get lucky this time. Their last two Sb's were against the NFC west, Seattle was decent, Arizona squeeked in, and they still barely beat them. But they obviously have a short memory, they seemed to have forgotten that they almost blew a 24 point lead to a team that could do nothing for a half and Sanchez had a bum shoulder while burning them.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry and maybe it's just me and my biasness (not sure if its a word lol), but there's NO and I repeat NO team in the NFL with the amount of talent this team has. If we lose ANY game, it's cause we beat ourselves. You'd be hardpressed to find a game where a team flat out just beat us steeler nation. Now saying that the only team I'm worried about are the steelers. There as good as a match for us as can come but to think your just gonna come into Dallas and whoop on us... ***** please

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
steeler fans say what you want,but I think we have a team with one goal in mind and that is to win,D.D Woodson Pickett know the time is now,and they really really want it that is the difference maker that is why I say a win for g.b. go pack

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are you guys watching the SB together?

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, isn't it a consensus that no fan opinion from espn.com, nfl.com, cbssports.com, yahoosports.com, etc... Is valid?

Don't we all know that 98% of all the "posters" on those sites are 12 year old kids?

they aren't actually 12 years old, probably the mentality of at least 12 year old

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I can't read NFL forum posts, or profootballtalk. It's just idiots running their mouths trying to be more clever than the next guy. There is no meaningful dialog on there. Just Trash talk, all day, all the time.

NFLUK football fan poll has 83% supporting the Pack in the SB.

SteelcityLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Pack Fans,
As a Steeler Fan I see a lot of brash talk on our talk, but don't let a few knuckleheads that most likely never played the game ruin our classy reputation.

1st off..
95% of Steeler Nation believes that this game is going to be great, well-matched and epic.

2nd.. There is foolishness coming from both sides of fan base. I've heard a Packer fan say that Troy Polamalu is over rated and we don't have ANY Receivers on Offense... MIKE WALLACE duh?

As far as the notion that the AFC is SOOOOOOO much greater than the NFC.. Historically, it's a cycle.. But I believe the Packers would be effective on our side.

Still, I believe the Black and Gold will win:happy0005:

But I expect you guys to think that you will win too

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Pack Fans,
As a Steeler Fan I see a lot of brash talk on our talk, but don't let a few knuckleheads that most likely never played the game ruin our classy reputation.

1st off..
95% of Steeler Nation believes that this game is going to be great, well-matched and epic.

2nd.. There is foolishness coming from both sides of fan base. I've heard a Packer fan say that Troy Polamalu is over rated and we don't have ANY Receivers on Offense... MIKE WALLACE duh?

As far as the notion that the AFC is SOOOOOOO much greater than the NFC.. Historically, it's a cycle.. But I believe the Packers would be effective on our side.

Still, I believe the Black and Gold will win:happy0005:

But I expect you guys to think that you will win too

Welcome, Steelers fan! It is going to be an epic battle! Good luck to your guys!

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They didn't get lucky this time. Their last two Sb's were against the NFC west, Seattle was decent, Arizona squeeked in, and they still barely beat them. But they obviously have a short memory, they seemed to have forgotten that they almost blew a 24 point lead to a team that could do nothing for a half and Sanchez had a bum shoulder while burning them.
In the SB against Seattle they had the benefit of the referees nearly handing them the game. Arizona damn near beat them. They act like they had such a tough road to the Super Bowl. They played Joe "I fold like a wet paper towel under pressure" Flacco and the no offense Ravens at home. Then they almost blew a commanding lead to the offense-less Jets at home. We had to win 3 games on the road.

Staff online

Members online