Quit ragging on Ted Thompson

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
blah blah blah

Yeah, I do think we just need to get back on course. Our offense has been flat all.season.long. I know we have teh ability because we did it vs. the Bears. Unfortunately 18 penalties destroyed what should have been a blowout by us.

This season reminds me of 2008 in reverse. Our defense, injuries and all, has kept us in every single one of these games. Our offense on the other hand just can't seem to keep moving the ball. They showed they have the tools, since they were able to move the ball at will vs. Chicago. But last week they came up flat. Today- flat.

You can blame coaching and play calling and whatever, but the bottom line is the players need to execute. They aren't. Too many dropped passes, blocks not getting picked up, bad passes, etc. I dunno if Lynch would help that or not. My guess is no, but what the hell do I know.

FWIW- While we may regret not grabbing Lynch (Doubt it, but it still remains to be seen), he went for a whopping 2.6 YPC on 17 carries. Jackson went 4.4 YPC on 12 carries.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying. I agree. The fact remains that this teams problems do not solely stem from injury. Our offense with 2 players missing looks like a shell of a team. They look out of place. Grant is not the reason. Finley is not the reason. The combination of the 2 may be a portion of that reason, but the elephant in the room is that this team, offense especially, is OUT. Of. SYNC. In a major way. Something is off, something is not right.

I only have my thoughts on the reasons, Coaching and adjustments to our team when we face adversity. Nothing anyone else has said has proven that to be wrong.

That is the end of the story, plain and simple. Something is not right with this team, and I hope that it gets fixed soon.

You and I are in total agreement. We're just off. We have TONS of talent, some of the best in the league, yet we can't seem to find a way to keep moving the ball down the field. This is yet another game that we lost not because they were the better team, but because we didn't play up to our potential. These guys need a spark somewhere. Hopefully they get it soon.

Maddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey TT & MM----2 Overtimes = 2 Loses = 2 LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go !!!!

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you want a new coach theres a guy out there who's imo better, and much more suited to a team like ours: Tony Dungy. and just talk about class.

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey TED THOMPSON AND CHUCKNORRIS...... (caps)

Hey Ted.. Great move in trading for Anthony Smith, a player you cut two years ago in order to preserve your worthless draft pick Aaron Rouse, who in turn you eventually had to cut. Just cuz you draft a guy and shine him up and talk about how much you like him, that doesn't make him a player. Exhibit A: Brad Jones, your 7th round gem, no need to sign a vet free agent OLB or trade for one or even draft one this year, I could tell last year that Jones was not going to be able to rush the passer, he can't beat one on one blocking, he was dominated today. No fear, he will be your guy, until you draft a new one next year, then he will go from young rising starter to backup to cut. You need to focus that Barn Owl eye on finding a CM Jr. replica for the other side, and a real NFL quality RB, and a couple of Off lineman that can actually block, but your best bet is to just blame McCarthy, get him fired, it will buy you another 6 years of drafting and building and going nowhere.

also 2 mention : When Anthony Smith was cut from the Packers. Charles Woodson and numerous other defensive players were livid that he was cut and kept Aaron Rouse. Even Packer coaches liked Smith ahead of Rouse...But Ted cannot fire his own draft picks even when they have a better player?

WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!!......THIS GM IS LIKE THE MOVIE GROUNDHOG DAY !!!

SAME @@@@ OVER AND OVER EVERYDAY

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
also 2 mention : When Anthony Smith was cut from the Packers. Charles Woodson and numerous other defensive players were livid that he was cut and kept Aaron Rouse. Even Packer coaches liked Smith ahead of Rouse...But Ted cannot fire his own draft picks even when they have a better player?

I know of one coach that hated Smith and that was the only coach that mattered...Thats why he was gone..

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=1800&type=team

Read the names and then find out of they are on the team still.. Then come back and tell us how many he let go..

You want to toss out a reason prove it to us...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey TED THOMPSON AND CHUCKNORRIS...... (caps)

Hey Ted.. Great move in trading for Anthony Smith, a player you cut two years ago in order to preserve your worthless draft pick Aaron Rouse, who in turn you eventually had to cut. Just cuz you draft a guy and shine him up and talk about how much you like him, that doesn't make him a player. Exhibit A: Brad Jones, your 7th round gem, no need to sign a vet free agent OLB or trade for one or even draft one this year, I could tell last year that Jones was not going to be able to rush the passer, he can't beat one on one blocking, he was dominated today. No fear, he will be your guy, until you draft a new one next year, then he will go from young rising starter to backup to cut. You need to focus that Barn Owl eye on finding a CM Jr. replica for the other side, and a real NFL quality RB, and a couple of Off lineman that can actually block, but your best bet is to just blame McCarthy, get him fired, it will buy you another 6 years of drafting and building and going nowhere.

WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!!......THIS GM IS LIKE THE MOVIE GROUNDHOG DAY !!!

Let me ask- Are YOU perfect in everything you do? Do YOU never make mistakes either in your job or in life?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Ted's human. He'd prone to missing from time to time. Not sure why everyone thinks he has to be 100% flawless all the time. Sheesh, what do you want, a personal, hand written apology because he cut a guy that he's now bringing back?

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me ask- Are YOU perfect in everything you do? Do YOU never make mistakes either in your job or in life?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Ted's human. He'd prone to missing from time to time. Not sure why everyone thinks he has to be 100% flawless all the time. Sheesh, what do you want, a personal, hand written apology because he cut a guy that he's now bringing back?

no
i'm not perfect
but watching all the great NFL teams...and how they handle specific needs and wants..
were the worst in adding anything that take us 2 the next stage
take away ted thompsons 1st free agent class..aka. WOODSON AND PICKETT
hasnt brought anything in here....i will give him props with the trade for GRANT

here is quoted excerpt out of MJS:

According to sources, defensive coordinator Dom Capers and Perry wanted to keep Smith because he knew the defensive system from his time with the Pittsburgh Steelers. But Thompson kept Aaron Rouse, a third-round pick in 2007, instead. Rouse was waived by the Packers about two weeks later.
At about the same time, the Packers' secondary struggled with injuries and didn't have any experienced backups. That led cornerback Charles Woodson to vent about Smith's release after a loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
"My mind keeps going back to Anthony Smith," Woodson said at the Metrodome. "I don't know if we win this game if we have Anthony still on the team, but the decision to get rid of a guy that knows this defense in and out and made plays in the preseason, and not being able to have a guy like that come in when Atari goes down, that's a big dent in this defense. If the outcome would have been different, who knows? But I think we would have played some of those things a lot better."
After being released by the Packers, Smith was claimed by the St. Louis Rams and then released on Nov. 5, 2009. The Packers put in a claim on Smith at that time, but he was awarded to the Jaguars by virtue of a worse record.
Asked in January if releasing Smith was a mistake since he tried to get him back, Thompson said: “I don’t know about mistake; at the time we felt like he could add something to our team.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where are all the Bulaga lovers now?
All the fans who wanted Tauscher pushed out the door for the rookie from Iowa?

A healthy Mark Tauscher is >>>>> Bulaga. We need to pray that Tauscher can miraculously get healthy because Bulaga is going to cause Arod to be the next IR casualty with Ray Edwards, Jason Taylor, DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer coming up.

Bulaga almost got Rodgers killed in the Redskin game, and yesterday he was even worse.

Our special teams continues to suck. Jordy & Pat Lee are clueless as KRers, but worse than that is our blocking scheme. Contrast that to our own kick coverage units, where Crosby and Masthay are often counted on to make tackles.
Speaking of Masthay, great work by this regime to keep using patchwork stiffs at punter. How's that working for us since they inexplicably decided to release Jon Ryan, who had proven himself as an above-average punter IN REAL GAMES. Bizarre.

Props to Cullen Jenkins and BJ Raji yesterday for manning up and playing tons of snaps while everyone else was too banged up to go (Neal again, and Pickett).

I'm a big Mike Neal fan, but are we seeing a pattern there from the super-muscled guy?

I've said it before, but Charles Woodson is killing us with his clutching and grabbing. He looks like an NHL player with all the illegal contact, holding he pulls. I'm sure he's lost a step, or half-step, but it seems that in his mind he's lost 3 steps because he feels like he needs to resort to grabbing every receiver. No wonder why we like to put him on opposing TEs whenever they are top pass-catchers like Witten.

We're screwed this week with Harvin, Moss, and Shiancoe because Tramon can't cover them all.

THE PACKERS LAST 5 LOSSES:
-yesterday in OT, game decided by any ONE of these key plays:
F**** penalty call late in the game on our guy lining up over the snapper on the Dolphins punt. Or the block-in-the-back penalty in OT called on Korey Hall when we were about to get nice field position in OT, but because Tramon went left, right, left, right, Hall ended up getting a guy in the back, so we had to start inside our own 15 yard line.

-Last week in OT.

-Week 3 in Chicago, a game we gave away with Jones fumble, and the refs took away with the BS penalty on Tauscher on Finley's TD, and the BS call on Zombo on Barnett's Int.

-Playoff game in OT at Arizona.... we all know that story. All 3 of these OT losses, OUR OFFENSE HAD THE BALL at least ONE drive, and some of them 2 drives. I love Rodgers to death, but he's had 5 chances in 3 OTs to lead us to a game-winning FG, and he's come up blank period. We don't need TDs in OT, just drives to the 35 yard line.

-Heartbreaking loss at Pittsburgh on the final play of the game.

Those are our last 5 losses. All extruciating m**** f**** heartbreak losses. All those games could have easily been won with just one less f*** up. We find a way to lose a lot of close games for some reason. Are we mentally weak or what?

Now, here's the good news:
IF, IF, IF (I know, big IF at this point) we beat the Grape Apes Sunday night, and if the Redskins beat the Bears, this is what we will be looking at:

Packers 4-3
Bears 4-3
Vikings 2-4

We'd still be the favorites to win the division if that happens.

But it could also look like this:
Bears 5-2
Vikings 3-3
Packers 3-4

And then it's a long uphill battle with games at the Jets, Dallas, then at the Vikings and at the Falcons. Most likely we'd be about 4-7 after that 4-game stretch.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts