Quit ragging on Ted Thompson

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lose a the #1 pass rusher, two other linebackers, put rookies in the secondary, lose your top receiving threat, lose a top 15 running back, and a very good right tackle AND people think you shouldnt miss a beat
naysayers are going to naysay and look for every opportunity to say so. they wont take any excuses but make tons of their own. they reject legit reasons as lame excuses theres really no talking to them. theyre almost worse than trolls because these guys actually believe what they are saying.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
naysayers are going to naysay and look for every opportunity to say so. they wont take any excuses but make tons of their own. they reject legit reasons as lame excuses theres really no talking to them. theyre almost worse than trolls because these guys actually believe what they are saying.

And apologists will always apologize. Works both ways. The truth is that this team looks average this season. Stop buying into the SB hype. This team is nowhere near. Injuries are apart of the game. Crazy how well coached teams, as well as teams with solid GMs are able to overcome, huh?

Either way, We are not that team currently

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And apologists will always apologize. Works both ways. The truth is that this team looks average this season. Stop buying into the SB hype. This team is nowhere near. Injuries are apart of the game. Crazy how well coached teams, as well as teams with solid GMs are able to overcome, huh?

where in any of my posts in this thread did i say we were going to the SB or even the playoffs? well coached teams with solid GMs cant do **** about a full quarter of the roster being AWOL due to injury. go through any team you pick in the NFL and take out the same players we've lost and find even one who'd still be set to go. we have one of the Best GM's in the game. coach maybe not so much. you cant use injuries as an excuse if a few guys get hurt, but when youre decimated to the point of fielding a scout team and having to start a practice squad player i think we've past the point where injuries are no longer a factor. backups are just that, theyre backups for a reason. you assume that backups are 'depth' when theyre just as good as the starter they replace. sorry, doesnt work that way.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

So...........Again I ask

New England or ANY team be the same if it losses as many as we have?

Injuries do happen, no one is denying that...I truly hear ya....

But your going to tell us that all the injuries we have had all other teams can over come them? I say no..No team could

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Stop the name calling....

I know its frustrating no matter your view on it all...

But try to remain level headed and debate your argument with respect...

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The point I am making is that it shouldn't be about excuses like the refs and injuries. Without those things we were still anemic on offense and outside of matthews anemic on defense. The st was worse. The injuries are just highlighting the glaring problems this team has currently.

Argue that away. The point is that the argument you make is just an excuse on top of another. Neither of which hold water and neither of which good teams cannot overcome.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score

I would say the exact thing to you, YOU ARE IGNORANT. You would probably jump off a bridge if TT told you that MM said it was ok right?

Was I nay saying at the beginning of the season?

Why are you trying to make personal attack agaisnt me, I didnt make any against you(until after), just because I dont agree with what you are saying doesnt make you the ruler of the universe, Grow up.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The point I am making is that it shouldn't be about excuses like the refs and injuries. Without those things we were still anemic on offense and outside of matthews anemic on defense. The st was worse. The injuries are just highlighting the glaring problems this team has currently.

Argue that away. The point is that the argument you make is just an excuse on top of another. Neither of which hold water and neither of which good teams cannot overcome.

if Matthews wasnt hurt, would they have won the Skins game?

Maybe Matthews and Finely are just that good that w/o them we are average?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Show us who believed the hype of a SB?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would say the exact thing to you, YOU ARE IGNORANT. You would probably jump off a bridge if TT told you that MM said it was ok right?

Was I nay saying at the beginning of the season?

Why are you trying to make personal attack agaisnt me, I didnt make any against you(until after), just because I dont agree with what you are saying doesnt make you the ruler of the universe, Grow up.

Advice to both of ya...

Close out the forum go for a walk, go watch **** or something, but leave here for a while...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah guys, please calm down you are scaring me a little bit! You are all making excellent points, love you! We are all Packer fans at heart, remember that. Just attribute these emotions as being in a bad mood after a loss and leave it at that. I initiate a forum group hug!!! Peace and love and Packers (damn these hippies!)

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All i ever hear is the 4TEs and 3 FBs. he's not the reason we have so many injuries. hes not the reason we lose close games. hes not the reason that the refs are calling ****** games.

If we didnt have 4TEs we'd be down to 1, or less this week. We lose close games due to poor coaching. refs are ref balling.

the man has built a solid contender. we're going to compete for as long as aaron is under center if not longer. he has his way of doing things that many question but its obviously worked out pretty well so far. people are calling for his head because he doesnt make knee jerk trades that would supposedly help the team. knee jerk trades are precisely why minnesota has to win this year or not have a shot for a decade. theyre the reason the raiders suck every year. etc. him being this way is precisely why we've gotten this far.

i will now tolerate people harping on MM because these close games are his hallmark and he never ever can coach his way out of it. BUT **** people saying cowher. thats not what we need.

theres no way for ted to have known wed get ***** by injuries at the start of the season, and as theyve piled up it seems trading for lynch is the least of our problems and not trading is looking better by the minute. while the trade tonight is a head scratcher, smith does know the system and can fill in next week, peprah is not cutting it as evidenced by the field day out there. bigby isnt going to be back for a week or two, so heres your knee jerk trade. a smart one. to help us stay afloat til bigby is back.

I think one can make a fair argument that if TT had picked up Lynch right after Grants injury we might not be as injury laden as we are.

The offense would be more productive and not over trying so hard to make big plays and getting injured.

And the defense would not be on the field so much and not get injured.

It’s all theoretical of course, but still a fair argument.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think one can make a fair argument that if TT had picked up Lynch right after Grants injury we might not be as injury laden as we are.

The offense would be more productive and not over trying so hard to make big plays and getting injured.

And the defense would not be on the field so much and not get injured.

It’s all theoretical of course, but still a fair argument.

Its not a fair argument lol

Hey if Antonio Freeman (or any other offense weapon) was on the Packers in 07, Brett wouldnt have tossed that GIANT int..Same principal, same ilogical argument

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
National Football League: NFL Draft History - by Team

Read the names and then find out of they are on the team still.. Then come back and tell us how many he let go..

You want to toss out a reason prove it to us...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Brian Brohm was a Ted Thompson draft pick. 2nd round if I'm not mistaken. Where is he now? In Buffalo?

But gee, Ted *never* parts with players he's drafted.

I'm convinced all this arguing is pointless. Ted haters are gonna stay pissed because he doesn't make knee jerk trades or asinine moves in free agency. Ted supporters are going to correctly point out that knee jerk trades and asinine moves in free agency aren't how you build a team for long term success. Ted haters are gonna say they want to win now, regardless of what it costs them later. Ted supporters point out the hypocrisy of that sentiment because should we enter a losing streak after going for broke now, you'd be calling for his head.

We can argue the differences until we're blue in the face, but the bottom line is Ted is doing his job. his job is to build a team that can compete not only now, but for the future as well. He did that. Not sure what more can be asked of him, but before the injuries, we were a damn good team. We're still a pretty good team after the injuries. If our ******* offense would wake up, we might actually win a game or two.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Absolutely. Their absences was felt severely. I think if there were ever two players we couldn't lose, it would be them. I fully think we would of won the Skins game even if our own offense wasn't putting up points in the 2nd half. McNabb just killed us. Same thing with Miami, if we could of kept their score down we would of won even with what little we put up. Losing Finely (season *sobs inconsolably*) and Matthew (game and a half *still sobbing*) just goes to show you, you really don't know what you have until you lose it. We didn't do that terribly without them, granted, but still terrible enough to lose two games.

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mr. Thread moderator?
please delete this thread ...... please...
Quit ragging on Ted Thompson??????????

this has 2 be a joke thread.
if it isnt. then we know who the joke is

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted needs to go after what the raiders have offered.... their whole team.... lets move woodson to safety and grab Asomugha! perfect! Then we can work on some linebackers... oh wait another dream!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Show us who believed the hype of a SB?

Obviously those who are freaking out and panicking right now believed it.

I think what bugs people the most is that Ted stays so calm through all of this. They want him to panic and overreact like they do, and it bugs them that he doesn't.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Then you just proved my point. We are supposed to have a top rated D. Not a player who,alone makes us a top rated D. We were told our DEPTH is what gave us this strength.... Where is it? We were told our offense was high powered... with finley out, where is it? Where was it when he was in? Was GRANT the missing piece (rhetorical, do NOT answer that and show your intelligence level).

This team is average. Not Good. Not great.

TT has done nothing by your own thought process in this statement to garner all the love some of us are bestowing on him.

An average team after a solid 5 seasons of drafting and building is not acceptable. Period. End of Story. No matter WHAT excuses some have.

I for one do not feel like reliving the 70/ 80s with my football team. If you do simply due to blind allegiance, be my guest, but dont expect others to follow suit.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would much rather the Packers go and get Darren McFadden. I know he's had health problems in Oakland and hasn't done much but who in Oakland hasn't. Woodson's career was over in Oakland as was Randy Moss's career until they got traded. The Packers would might be able to get him for a 3rd Rounder.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously those who are freaking out and panicking right now believed it.

I think what bugs people the most is that Ted stays so calm through all of this. They want him to panic and overreact like they do, and it bugs them that he doesn't.

Yep, caught me. Has nothing to do with sitting on his hands and watching this team lose over and over and over again.

You act like these losses are kinks in the system, like we slipped a bit and just got caught out of place. Look over the season, and show me which point makes you so confident that this ship is just drifting off course for the moment and not completely heading in the wrong direction.

Was it the near miss against PHI when we surrendered a 17 point lead?

Maybe the GREAT first half we played against BUF and their PRO BOWL roster?

NAH, had to be that game against the BEARS, Right?

Maybe the Lions game we Tried to lose? No?

OH, WAIT, must have been the 2nd half of that REDSKINS GAME we gave away...

Nope, wrong again... IT was the GREAT GAME we put together against the DOLPHINS today AT HOME...

So your right, its completely irrational after 6 GREAT games to overreact. Or maybe it is irrational to sit back and say that everythings "A-OK" with what we have seen so far.

Im leaning toward the 2nd, but feel free to leave your head firmly buried in the sand.:dontknow:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Then you just proved my point. We are supposed to have a top rated D. Not a player who,alone makes us a top rated D. We were told our DEPTH is what gave us this strength.... Where is it? We were told our offense was high powered... with finley out, where is it? Where was it when he was in? Was GRANT the missing piece (rhetorical, do NOT answer that and show your intelligence level).

This team is average. Not Good. Not great.

TT has done nothing by your own thought process in this statement to garner all the love some of us are bestowing on him.

An average team after a solid 5 seasons of drafting and building is not acceptable. Period. End of Story. No matter WHAT excuses some have.

I for one do not feel like reliving the 70/ 80s with my football team. If you do simply due to blind allegiance, be my guest, but dont expect others to follow suit.

Well you have your beliefs and I have mine, you want players on the same level as the starers we are missing..it wont happen on any team

Fact remains b4 the injuries happened this team was a SB contender if not a favorite by EXPERTS..and it was done TED'S WAY...

You DENY that?

No longer are those experts saying that...WHY?

injuries.made.us.AVERAGE

No team can over come as many as we have had...Stop trying to spin it...

Point blank end of story...

This is getting old I am done, post if you must but it wont be to me anymore

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really there is only so much a head coach or GM has the power to do. They are not God. We are a totally different team since we have had all these injuries. Watch the pre-season games. Watch game 1 @Philly or even game 2 before the wounded really started to pile up. The comparison is staggering. We are NOT the same team. There is only so much TT has to work with. Don't get me wrong, I think he makes mistakes too but sometimes when you gamble it doesn't always pay off. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Now we have more injuries then we can possibly trade for. I don't see him giving up draft picks (the future of the team) to salvage what might or might not already be lost. We don't have much left to give anyway. I think we just need to salvage what's left of this season, and I'm nowhere near giving up on this season mind you, a lot of football left to play. At some point we are gonna have to look to the future. We don't want to blow the bank on some big shot player, and what do we do if he goes down. There goes the next several years (no draft picks, all gone) and for what I ask you? Is it worth it?

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you have your beliefs and I have mine, you want players on the same level as the starers we are missing..it wont happen on any team

Fact remains b4 the injuries happened this team was a SB contender if not a favorite by EXPERTS..and it was done TED'S WAY...

You DENY that?

No longer are those experts saying that...WHY?

injuries.made.us.AVERAGE

No team can over come as many as we have had...Stop trying to spin it...

Point blank end of story...

This is getting old I am done, post if you must but it wont be to me anymore

I understand what you are saying. I agree. The fact remains that this teams problems do not solely stem from injury. Our offense with 2 players missing looks like a shell of a team. They look out of place. Grant is not the reason. Finley is not the reason. The combination of the 2 may be a portion of that reason, but the elephant in the room is that this team, offense especially, is OUT. Of. SYNC. In a major way. Something is off, something is not right.

I only have my thoughts on the reasons, Coaching and adjustments to our team when we face adversity. Nothing anyone else has said has proven that to be wrong.

That is the end of the story, plain and simple. Something is not right with this team, and I hope that it gets fixed soon.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
injuries.made.us.AVERAGE
Exactly. Injuries took, what I thought was a team that could contend for an NFC Championship, and made them an average team. It's as simple as that.

We've lost too many key players, we don't have enough good players left to contend. It's simple.

Hopefully next year sees us stay relatively healthy.

Members online

Latest posts