Quit ragging on Ted Thompson

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All i ever hear is the 4TEs and 3 FBs. he's not the reason we have so many injuries. hes not the reason we lose close games. hes not the reason that the refs are calling ****** games.

If we didnt have 4TEs we'd be down to 1, or less this week. We lose close games due to poor coaching. refs are ref balling.

the man has built a solid contender. we're going to compete for as long as aaron is under center if not longer. he has his way of doing things that many question but its obviously worked out pretty well so far. people are calling for his head because he doesnt make knee jerk trades that would supposedly help the team. knee jerk trades are precisely why minnesota has to win this year or not have a shot for a decade. theyre the reason the raiders suck every year. etc. him being this way is precisely why we've gotten this far.

i will now tolerate people harping on MM because these close games are his hallmark and he never ever can coach his way out of it. BUT **** people saying cowher. thats not what we need.

theres no way for ted to have known wed get ***** by injuries at the start of the season, and as theyve piled up it seems trading for lynch is the least of our problems and not trading is looking better by the minute. while the trade tonight is a head scratcher, smith does know the system and can fill in next week, peprah is not cutting it as evidenced by the field day out there. bigby isnt going to be back for a week or two, so heres your knee jerk trade. a smart one. to help us stay afloat til bigby is back.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think a reason people get mad is because we see big injuries making drastic problems for this team and he doesn't go out to fill those holes with big time players.

for example marshawn lynch. instead we sign a practice squad player from the falcons and he's play special teams only so far. what was the point of that?

We sign a cut player in Montgomery to play on the team again.

Tonight we trade for a player we cut last year. . .

I agree, I think TT has made great decisions but I can understand where people get upset about TT not making moves to fill crucial holes.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Got one question

At start of he season how many thought we had a chance at the SB?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed for the most part Chuckles but with TT and MM for that matter being the one in charge, most disasters of any nature or origin are going to fall on him. In that respect, I feel sorry for him, a lot of responsibility he has.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One other question:

How many seasons of the same old do you expect to live through before we make improvements?

We are spinning wheels. No excuses will let that go. I am curious what we just paid for a player we cut a year ago. If it is even NEAR the ballpark that SEA paid for Lynch, then it should be lights out for all TT apologists. No need for a S who will play ST that didnt make our OWN roster when we have an OBVIOUS need in another position. And could have swung.

There are no excuses if we traded anything higher than a 6th rd pick.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
justin harrell and we wont be competing ever, if we dont start protecting A-Rod, The NFL is littered with GREAT QB's that were ruined because they lost confidence after being sacked so often.

also, I wont even go into depth here but, TT makes a lot of stupid moves, and misses on a lot of good moves, He drafts great, but thats it he should be head scout. WE could have got Devin Thomas for free, he sucsk at WR, but he's a great returner, we wouldnt have had to give anything for him, he was a free agent, but we didnt even make an offer.

WE could haev ryan torain right now, but we have Bjax and some guy named nance who doesnt play.

We could have had Oj Atogwe right now, but TT was too Cheap.

We could ..... the list it goes on.... instead we will trade for player we already cut....

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All i ever hear is the 4TEs and 3 FBs. he's not the reason we have so many injuries. hes not the reason we lose close games. hes not the reason that the refs are calling ****** games.
Granted, hes not the cause, but this many injuries= poor conditioning= coaching staff hires. Remember when we lost our whole roster 4 years ago, had players like Gado in there? Fired whole staff of strength and conditioning coaches. Close games are a LONG TIME PROBLEM FOR TT. That also goes to coaching. We lose almost EVERY close game, going back to the NFC championship Game VS NY. Refs call close games, make bad calls, No way to change that.
If we didnt have 4TEs we'd be down to 1, or less this week. We lose close games due to poor coaching. refs are ref balling.
Refs are BS, Blaming them is like blaming your teacher for not giving you an A when you answered half the test wrong. If you studied, you would have got an A, if you play 4 quarters of goof FB, you overcome the refs. By no means are the refs our problem. We are in the top 10 in the league on penalties for a reason... because we are BAD at commiting them. Its not the refs fault. Just look at the Punt penalty today that wound up in a MIA TD, that ultimately cost us time and the game. You dont line up over the Center on a FG or Punt. Its common knowledge. That again is poor coaching. Or was that the refs being ticky tack as well?:dontknow:
the man has built a solid contender True, but the depth we were promised is not there . we're going to compete for as long as aaron is under center if not longer Only if they can keep him upright, the man is running for his life, it was just more obvious today due to his concussion, again a long time issue not addressed properly. he has his way of doing things that many question but its obviously worked out pretty well so far So explain tonites trade? Hows that gonna work? How has his way of doing things worked in regards to SB wins? How about appearances? How about NFC championship games? Heck, how many times have we won the NFC North since his arrival?. people are calling for his head because he doesnt make knee jerk trades that would supposedly help the team Its no longer knee jerk. WE ARE MISSING 40% of our STARTERS. You cannot pick up Street FA to replace Starters, and if your backups were the caliber to start, it would have shown through by now. The case is not whether or not its knee jerk its whether or not you want to make the moves to compete at this point. So far we have done very little than regather players (Mike Montgomery, Anthony Smith) we have previously cut, who were not good enough to even make the roster WITH the players who arent cutting it now in their new "Im a backup who is now a starter" role THAT is knee jerk, to bring in players who have proven they are not a good fit in the system as a bandaid. knee jerk trades are precisely why minnesota has to win this year or not have a shot for a decadeBut its also the reason they had 1 pass keep them from the SB last season. How is that worse than us? Its the same, yet they ALSO have made the moves to have a GREAT D that is non stop intimidating, almost EXCLUSIVELY through trades and FA moves, as well as DEPTH on Offense through the same. Oh, and we are 1 VERY thin game ahead of them right now in the division. ANyone want to wager on NEXT sundays game? I dont. They are no different than us. Explain HOW exactly they are in trouble? B/c of Favre being done next year? They are 1 player away, if that from being the same team. Intact, we are still struggling year in and out to win the close games.theyre the reason the raiders suck every year. etc. They suck due to incompetence at the owner level and a revolving door of "Yes men" at HC him being this way is precisely why we've gotten this far HOW far have we gotten?!?! PLEASE TELL ME HOW FAR we have come in the last 5 years. We are out of Salary cap hell and have a young team... CONGRATS TT. We have found AROD and CM3 and a few other "gems" in the draft. How many picks did that take? Exactly how are we doing anything better than any other squad is?

i will now tolerate people harping on MM because these close games are his hallmark and he never ever can coach his way out of it. BUT **** people saying cowher. thats not what we need. No, we need a coach who has shown over his tenure his inablility to win a close game, hangs onto games we hold multiple td leads in against HORRIBLE TEAMS in SPITE of himself, and cannot adjust to his opponent. WHAT is ANYONE thinking about bringing in a SB coach who has a HISTORY of LEADERSHIP, WINNING, CUNNING, RESPECT from his players, and most importantly... HEART! We must all be foolish for wanting a proven winner over an O-coordinator who wasnt even good at his job before being handed the reigns to a high powered offense. We are all stupid for wanting a guy like cowhers.

theres no way for ted to have known wed get ***** by injuries at the start of the season, and as theyve piled up it seems trading for lynch is the least of our problems It is now, but that move could have been made immediately after the week 2 game, hell the Bills were showcasing him for us that game and not trading is looking better by the minuteWHAT?!?! The SEAHAWKS RODE LYNCH today to beat the BEARS. while the trade tonight is a head scratcher, smith does know the system and can fill in next week, peprah is not cutting it as evidenced by the field day out there. bigby isnt going to be back for a week or two, so heres your knee jerk trade. a smart one. to help us stay afloat til bigby is back.
THIS is one of the worst thought out "knee jerk" posts I have seen here. Defending bad things doesnt make those things smarter, it just makes you someone who refuses to see whats in front of your eyes.

I am not saying the sky is falling, but the clouds are coming down in chunks right now.

Your telling everyone to ignore the giant chunks of cloud and just enjoy the beautiful day. Who sounds more ridiculous?

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
omg D town that was so freaking awesome.

funny thing is, he will trade for a player that he cut previously, even though HE CHOSE PEPRAH OVER SMITH, so he has to waste draft picks to make up for his stupid decision making, by going and getting a player he knows wont cut it......These are the EXACT kind of moves that makes me think, wtf man?

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Granted, hes not the cause, but this many injuries= poor conditioning= coaching staff hires. Remember when we lost our whole roster 4 years ago, had players like Gado in there? Fired whole staff of strength and conditioning coaches. Close games are a LONG TIME PROBLEM FOR TT. That also goes to coaching. We lose almost EVERY close game, going back to the NFC championship Game VS NY. Refs call close games, make bad calls, No way to change that.
Refs are BS, Blaming them is like blaming your teacher for not giving you an A when you answered half the test wrong. If you studied, you would have got an A, if you play 4 quarters of goof FB, you overcome the refs. By no means are the refs our problem. We are in the top 10 in the league on penalties for a reason... because we are BAD at commiting them. Its not the refs fault. Just look at the Punt penalty today that wound up in a MIA TD, that ultimately cost us time and the game. You dont line up over the Center on a FG or Punt. Its common knowledge. That again is poor coaching. Or was that the refs being ticky tack as well?:dontknow:
the man has built a solid contender True, but the depth we were promised is not there . we're going to compete for as long as aaron is under center if not longer Only if they can keep him upright, the man is running for his life, it was just more obvious today due to his concussion, again a long time issue not addressed properly. he has his way of doing things that many question but its obviously worked out pretty well so far So explain tonites trade? Hows that gonna work? How has his way of doing things worked in regards to SB wins? How about appearances? How about NFC championship games? Heck, how many times have we won the NFC North since his arrival?. people are calling for his head because he doesnt make knee jerk trades that would supposedly help the team Its no longer knee jerk. WE ARE MISSING 40% of our STARTERS. You cannot pick up Street FA to replace Starters, and if your backups were the caliber to start, it would have shown through by now. The case is not whether or not its knee jerk its whether or not you want to make the moves to compete at this point. So far we have done very little than regather players (Mike Montgomery, Anthony Smith) we have previously cut, who were not good enough to even make the roster WITH the players who arent cutting it now in their new "Im a backup who is now a starter" role THAT is knee jerk, to bring in players who have proven they are not a good fit in the system as a bandaid. knee jerk trades are precisely why minnesota has to win this year or not have a shot for a decadeBut its also the reason they had 1 pass keep them from the SB last season. How is that worse than us? Its the same, yet they ALSO have made the moves to have a GREAT D that is non stop intimidating, almost EXCLUSIVELY through trades and FA moves, as well as DEPTH on Offense through the same. Oh, and we are 1 VERY thin game ahead of them right now in the division. ANyone want to wager on NEXT sundays game? I dont. They are no different than us. Explain HOW exactly they are in trouble? B/c of Favre being done next year? They are 1 player away, if that from being the same team. Intact, we are still struggling year in and out to win the close games.theyre the reason the raiders suck every year. etc. They suck due to incompetence at the owner level and a revolving door of "Yes men" at HC him being this way is precisely why we've gotten this far HOW far have we gotten?!?! PLEASE TELL ME HOW FAR we have come in the last 5 years. We are out of Salary cap hell and have a young team... CONGRATS TT. We have found AROD and CM3 and a few other "gems" in the draft. How many picks did that take? Exactly how are we doing anything better than any other squad is?

i will now tolerate people harping on MM because these close games are his hallmark and he never ever can coach his way out of it. BUT **** people saying cowher. thats not what we need. No, we need a coach who has shown over his tenure his inablility to win a close game, hangs onto games we hold multiple td leads in against HORRIBLE TEAMS in SPITE of himself, and cannot adjust to his opponent. WHAT is ANYONE thinking about bringing in a SB coach who has a HISTORY of LEADERSHIP, WINNING, CUNNING, RESPECT from his players, and most importantly... HEART! We must all be foolish for wanting a proven winner over an O-coordinator who wasnt even good at his job before being handed the reigns to a high powered offense. We are all stupid for wanting a guy like cowhers.

theres no way for ted to have known wed get ***** by injuries at the start of the season, and as theyve piled up it seems trading for lynch is the least of our problems It is now, but that move could have been made immediately after the week 2 game, hell the Bills were showcasing him for us that game and not trading is looking better by the minuteWHAT?!?! The SEAHAWKS RODE LYNCH today to beat the BEARS. while the trade tonight is a head scratcher, smith does know the system and can fill in next week, peprah is not cutting it as evidenced by the field day out there. bigby isnt going to be back for a week or two, so heres your knee jerk trade. a smart one. to help us stay afloat til bigby is back.
THIS is one of the worst thought out "knee jerk" posts I have seen here. Defending bad things doesnt make those things smarter, it just makes you someone who refuses to see whats in front of your eyes.

I am not saying the sky is falling, but the clouds are coming down in chunks right now.

Your telling everyone to ignore the giant chunks of cloud and just enjoy the beautiful day. Who sounds more ridiculous?

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You say we have a ****** oline, then that marshawn lynch would do well here, that cant happen together. you say we cant blame the refs when everyone and their dog can see blatant miscues repeatedly happening at crucial points in the game. today the punt penalty in every picture during the play and after francois was a yard off the line of scrimmage, which is the rule. there should not have been a flag. yes its ****** to blame them, but once it becomes a pattern you cant help but notice it. you say we have no depth, when 90% of teams losing the number of players we have would have just rolled over we at least made it to overtime. TT has the highest rate of success with his draft picks in terms of players still with the team, and players still in the NFL. if youre upset with him over questionable picks you would be outright furious anywhere else. these players are not a good fit for the system? no we just had better players, montgomery and smith were among the last cuts in their respective years, and they know dom's system already which means they can fill in right away unlike nance who still hasnt gotten on the field. Minnesota has a all or nothing. they have these two years then theyre toast. do you want that?

Cowher is a bad idea because his philosophy comes in conflict with the entirety of the players we have so far drafted. we have a defensive mind already, and we have no bruising RB, bring in cowher it will take more years to rebuild than say a gruden. im not saying we dont need a change, but cowher is probably the worst choice from that pool.

Reaction score
i think a reason people get mad is because we see big injuries making drastic problems for this team and he doesn't go out to fill those holes with big time players.

for example marshawn lynch. instead we sign a practice squad player from the falcons and he's play special teams only so far. what was the point of that?

We sign a cut player in Montgomery to play on the team again.

Tonight we trade for a player we cut last year. . .

I agree, I think TT has made great decisions but I can understand where people get upset about TT not making moves to fill crucial holes.

So your saying we should trade all our draft picks for every player that got hurt. Thats alot of draft picks we would be giving up. Plus u don't even know that the Marshawn Lynch trade would of even helped us. We have a crap O line and we aren't even a running team. Plus I don't even know how he got out of college. I don't think he even knows how to read. That's the type of player you want representing the packers.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
he has the most draft picks still on the team because he doesnt get rid of bad picks, ie jarret bush, justin harrel, DUH HE HAS NO TURNOVER CAUSE HE DOESNT PICK UP FREE AGENTS!!!! MARSHAWN LYNCH WOULD BE A BAD FIT BECAUSE OUR O-LINE SUCKS, WHO PUT TOGETHER THE O-LINE????? sry bro you wont be changing my mind, I gave TT a long time, but his decision making is just infuriating now.

by your logic your saying our O-line sucks, but we should just tough it out and watch A-Rod get hurt.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
"40% of back ups and starters= 20 players"

Most teams dont have 20 quality STARTERS sitting the bench...Each team might have a few, but not 20

Thats the reason we have the issues we do..no team has 20 quality starters just waiting..

so your saying that New England could over come 20 injured players?

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
So your saying we should trade all our draft picks for every player that got hurt. Thats alot of draft picks we would be giving up. Plus u don't even know that the Marshawn Lynch trade would of even helped us. We have a crap O line and we aren't even a running team. Plus I don't even know how he got out of college. I don't think he even knows how to read. That's the type of player you want representing the packers.

no he's saying if we had another RB, and Safety on the roster on day 1, they would be fresh and ready to play. But instead we got 3 full backs, cause there are so many dual fullback sets being used by the packers..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
omg D town that was so freaking awesome.

funny thing is, he will trade for a player that he cut previously, even though HE CHOSE PEPRAH OVER SMITH, so he has to waste draft picks to make up for his stupid decision making, by going and getting a player he knows wont cut it......These are the EXACT kind of moves that makes me think, wtf man?

You dont recall Smith was having a great preseason with the Pack?

Let you in on a secret, Ted didnt want to cut him, MM wanted him gone cuz of his personality..

So Ted listened to his coach an let him go, now Ted realized his error and brought him back

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
You dont recall Smith was having a great preseason with the Pack?

Let you in on a secret, Ted didnt want to cut him, MM wanted him gone cuz of his personality..

So Ted listened to his coach an let him go, now Ted realized his error and brought him back

so why'd he bring back peprah instead of smith at first? nothing against smith, i thought he was good when they brought him in last year..Why not bring in SOMEONE TOTALLY DIFFERENT???

and here I'll tell you why, because TT wont admit that his draft picks are failures.... I'm raging because TT keeps Korey hall instead of guys like anthony smith, notbecause he is signing anthony smith..

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You say we have a ****** oline, then that marshawn lynch would do well here, that cant happen together. you say we cant blame the refs when everyone and their dog can see blatant miscues repeatedly happening at crucial points in the game. today the punt penalty in every picture during the play and after francois was a yard off the line of scrimmage, which is the rule. there should not have been a flag. yes its ****** to blame them, but once it becomes a pattern you cant help but notice it. you say we have no depth, when 90% of teams losing the number of players we have would have just rolled over we at least made it to overtime. TT has the highest rate of success with his draft picks in terms of players still with the team, and players still in the NFL. if youre upset with him over questionable picks you would be outright furious anywhere else. these players are not a good fit for the system? no we just had better players, montgomery and smith were among the last cuts in their respective years, and they know dom's system already which means they can fill in right away unlike nance who still hasnt gotten on the field. Minnesota has a all or nothing. they have these two years then theyre toast. do you want that?

Cowher is a bad idea because his philosophy comes in conflict with the entirety of the players we have so far drafted. we have a defensive mind already, and we have no bruising RB, bring in cowher it will take more years to rebuild than say a gruden. im not saying we dont need a change, but cowher is probably the worst choice from that pool.

You are stairing at the forest and missing the trees.

You cannot blame the refs, its arbitrary and we have no control over it. PAYING FOR PLAYERS we cut is just dumb. NO SENSE, and nothing you say minus these two delivering a SB will change that, its just a matter of sellers remorse.

The COWHER argument is just abyssal. Not only do you have no proof of the statement, but it holds no weight either way. He is a proven winner over a long term tenure, still young, and commands presence and respect from his teams. ALL of these qualities, minus age, MM lacks.

And I stated the OL is getting AROD KILLED. They are ok against the run, just not the pass rush. I think anyone who would NOT think Lynch would be an upgrade to our offense is either stupid or blind. Sorry, but its the truth. Saying Lynch wouldnt help us is just "sticking to your guns". It makes you look foolish.

Point Blank: We need something we currently lack, we need a spark, and we need something to turn this around. MM and TT seem to be missing the spot right now.

Hopefully Mark Murphy grows some nuts and realizes that if this season winds up in the toilet, its time for a change.

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so why'd he bring back peprah instead of smith at first? nothing against smith, i thought he was good when they brought him in last year..Why not bring in SOMEONE TOTALLY DIFFERENT???

and here I'll tell you why, because TT wont admit that his draft picks are failures....
sigh.
youre going to be negative no matter how many times we refute you so i dont know why i bother but

peprah was off the street. he couldnt go grab smith because he was with the jags already. bringing in someone totally different wouldnt be what we need because theyd need to learn the system all over. smith knows it. TT never drafted smith. or peprah for that matter. so since neither are his draft picks. your false assertion holds no water. again.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

and here I'll tell you why, because TT wont admit that his draft picks are failures....

National Football League: NFL Draft History - by Team

Read the names and then find out of they are on the team still.. Then come back and tell us how many he let go..

You want to toss out a reason prove it to us...

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
sigh.
youre going to be negative no matter how many times we refute you so i dont know why i bother but

peprah was off the street. he couldnt go grab smith because he was with the jags already. bringing in someone totally different wouldnt be what we need because theyd need to learn the system all over. smith knows it. TT never drafted smith. or peprah for that matter. so since neither are his draft picks. your false assertion holds no water. again.

sigh I dont know why you keep trying to change my mind with pointless posts that make no sense, why'd we get rid of smith last year???? why'd we let him go to the jags if he is the answer? why'd we pick up either of them again. seriously guy, TT is a JOKE get off the bandwagon. I'm going to be negative towards TT for the rest of his tenure, you got that one right...I am not one to stand on a sinking ship and Salute the captain.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully Mark Murphy grows some nuts and realizes that if this season winds up in the toilet, its time for a change.

Wont happen, the injuries is the excuse...

And please dont make a 40 paragraph rebuttal...Because no matter what you say this would be a lot different team if we had at least 3 players not injured AND YOU KNOW IT

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sigh I dont know why you keep trying to change my mind with pointless posts that make no sense, why'd we get rid of smith last year???? why'd we let him go to the jags if he is the answer? why'd we pick up either of them again. seriously guy, TT is a JOKE get off the bandwagon. I'm going to be negative towards TT for the rest of his tenure, you got that one right...I am not one to stand on a sinking ship and Salute the captain.
you really are dense. the drop and pickup has been explained in almost every post. you must have selected reading or something. and yet again you change your argument to make it sound like i didnt just own you.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

lose a the #1 pass rusher, two other linebackers, put rookies in the secondary, lose your top receiving threat, lose a top 15 running back, and a very good right tackle AND people think you shouldnt miss a beat

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
you really are dense. the drop and pickup has been explained in almost every post. you must have selected reading or something. and yet again you change your argument to make it sound like i didnt just own you.

no what someone said was that MM told him too, making TT MM's little *****, and he cant stand up and make his own decisions, yet another reason he should be fired. Your just starring at the sun, if people want to complain they will. I'm a packer fan, and proud of it, but I wont just Sit here and TAKE IT. I will express my opinoins, you have yours and I respect that, but calling me dense make you look like an ignorant homer. Watch Aaron rodgers get seriously injured then what will you be saying? oh good thing TT didnt get any mroe O-line help....Packers are 3-3, we should be 6-0, I'm blaming someone, not just injuries. IF TT thinks Anthony smith is the answer he doesnt let him go, Stop making silly excuses.

no you are so ignorant you will probably say, good thing TT kept matt flynn...

Members online

Latest posts